MGU CAT 2022: Application Form, Dates, Exam Pattern
MGU CAT 2022 – Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU), Kottayam, Kerala announces Common Admission Test (MGU CAT) 2022 for admission to the Post Graduate Programs offered by the University Departments / Centres for the academic year 2022-23.
Check full details on MGU CAT 2022 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
Programs Offered & Eligibility Criteria
- M.Sc in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biophysics, Microbiology
- BSc degree in Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Chemistry or Physics with not less than 50 % marks in part III.
- M.Sc in Chemistry (Inorganic Chemistry/Organic Chemistry/Physical Chemistry/Polymer Chemistry)
- BSc in Chemistry with Mathematics and Physics as Subsidiaries with not less than 50% marks in Part III.
- M.Sc in Computer Science
- BSc in Computer Science/ Computer Application/ BCA or any other B Sc Degree with Computer Science as the main subject with not less than 50% marks in part III.
- M.Sc in Psychology
- Pass in any graduate programme with not less than 50% marks in Part III.
- M.Sc in Physics
- BSc in Physics with Mathematics as one of the subsidiaries with not less than 50% marks in Part III.
- M.Sc in Environment Science & Management and M.Sc in Environment Science and Disaster Management
- BSc degree in any of the following options; Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Geography, Life Science, Environment Science, Environment Management, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Plant or Animal Science, Agriculture, Fisheries, Aquaculture, Horticulture, Forestry, B Tech in Civil/ Mechanical/ Chemical/ Environmental or equivalent thereto with not less than 50% marks in Part III.
- M.Sc. Statistics
- BSc degree in Mathematics or Statistics main /B.Sc. (Triple main) with Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science as main subjects or B.Sc./B.Voc . Data science/Data Analytics or B.E/B.Tech (Computer Science) with at least 50% marks (CGPA 5.0 out of 10 under grading system) for the optional subjects taken together, provided the candidate has studied at least 4 courses in Probability/Statistics at degree level.
- M. Sc. Mathematics
- B.Sc. Degree in Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics with at least 50% marks (CGPA 5.0 out of 10.00 under grading system) for the optional subject taken together.
- M.Sc. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- First class Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Computer Applications/Information Technology / Cyber Forensic /Electronics / Any other degree in Science with Computer Science or Computer Applications as major components or B.Tech Degree in Computer Science / IT / Electronics or an equivalent degree recognized by the Mahatma Gandhi University.
- M.Sc. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (Physics)
- B. Sc in Physics with Chemistry and Mathematics as subsidiaries with not less than 60% marks for Part III.
- M.Sc. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (Chemistry)
- B. Sc in Chemistry with Physics and Mathematics as subsidiaries with not less than 60% marks for Part III
- M.Sc. Data Science and Analytics
- B.Sc. Degree in Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Science main / B.Sc. (triple main) with Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science as main subjects or BCA, B.Sc./B.Voc. Data Science or Data Analytics, B.E./ B. Tech.( CS or IT) with at least 50% marks (CGPA 5.0 out of 10.00 under grading system) for the optional subjects taken together, provided the candidate has studied at least 2 courses in Probability / Statistics at degree level.
- M.Sc. Food Science and Technology
- Bachelor’s / B. Voc . degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Food Science & Technology, Food Technology & Quality Assurance, Food Science & Quality Control, Food processing, Home Science with Chemistry (as auxiliary), Microbiology or Life Science stream with a minimum of 50 % marks in aggregate
- M.Sc. in Botany and Plant Science Technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Botany or Botany-Biotechnology (double main) with not less than CCPA of 5.00 out of 10.00 in the Core Group (Core + Open + Complementary) under the 10+2+3 systems
- MA in Politics and International Relations, MA Politics and Human Rights, MA Politics (Public Policy and Governance)
- BA in Economics/ Politics/ History/ Law with not less than 45% marks for Part III or B A in English/ Sociology/Anthropology/ Psychology/ Geography/ Philosophy/ Commerce with not less than 50% marks in Part III or B Sc in any branch with not less than 60% marks in Part III.
- M.A. Economics
- Pass in any Bachelor’s Degree in BA Economics/B.Sc Mathematics/B.Sc Statistics examination of MG University or an equivalent degree of any other universities duly recognized by MG University with not less than 50 % marks in the aggregate for all parts of examination subject.
- M.A in Malayalam
- Bachelor’s degree in Malayalam with not less than 45% marks (or CGPA of 1.8) in Part III or degree in Arts/Science with a minimum of 50% marks in Part II Malayalam.
- M.A in English
- Bachelor’s degree in English with not less than 45% marks in Part III or degree in Arts/Science with a minimum of 50% marks in Part I English.
- MA Social work in Disability Studies and Action
- Pass in any graduate programme
- M.A. in Gandhian Studies & MA in Development Studies
- Pass in any graduate programme with not less than 45% marks in Part III.
- MA History & Anthropology
- Pass in any graduate programme with not less than 45% marks in Part III.
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management
- Bachelor’s degree (including professional degrees) with not less than 50% marks in any discipline of this University or any other University recognized by Mahatma Gandhi University.
- M.Ed Program with Specialization in Language Education (English, Hindi, Malayalam, Sanskrit, Arabic), Mathematics, Science, Social Science, Commerce, IT & Computer Science Education
- B.Ed with not less than 55% marks.
- Master of Law (LLM)
- Pass in LLB or equivalent examination approved by MG University with 50% marks
- Master of Physical Education and Sports (M.PES)
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education (BPE/BPES/BPEd/DPEd).
- Master of Business Administration
- Graduate in any subject with 50% marks in Part III subjects with valid KMAT/CMAT/CAT score.
- BBA LLB (Hons)
- A candidate who has passed the Higher Secondary or Plus two Examination recognized by the Mahatma Gandhi University or any other examination recognized as equivalent there to and has secured not less than forty five percent of the marks in aggregate. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes (SC/ST) and persons with disability need to secure 40 % of aggregate marks. Candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes (OBC) need to secure 42 % of aggregate marks. The candidate should be below twenty years of age as on 1st July of the Year concerned. However candidate belonging to SC/ST and Persons with Disability (PWD) and Other Backward classes (OBC) shall not have crossed 22 years of age as on 1st July of the relevant academic year of admission.
- M. Tech Energy Science & Technology
- i) MSc in Nano Science and Nano Technology, Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, Polymer Science or an equivalent degree with not less than 50%marks or ii) B.Tech in NanoScience and NanoTechnology or chemical Engineering / Technology or Polymer Engineering / Technology or Electronics and Communication or Bio Technology or Material Science or Mechanical or Civil or an equivalent degree with not less than 50% marks.
- M. Tech in Nanoscience and Technology
- i)M. Sc. in Physics / Chemistry/ Polymer Science / Materials Science / Nano science and Nanotechnology / Biotechnology / Industrial ii) B. Tech in Chemical Engineering / Chemical Technology / Mechanical Engineering / Polymer Technology/ Biotechnology / Nanoscience and Nanotechnology / Materials Science / Metallurgy / Engineering Physics/Industrial Chemistry / Electronics and Communication with not less than 60% marks.
- Integrated Masters Programmes in Social Sciences (Economics, History, Political Science)
- Pass in 12th with a minimum 60 % marks
- Five Year Integrated Master of Science Programmes (Chemistry, Physics, Life Sciences, Computer Science and Environmental Science)
- Pass in Plus Two in Science Stream with minimum 60 % marks. Relaxation in minimum marks for reservation categories shall be applicable as per the rules
MGU CAT 2022 Important Dates
|Online candidate registration||07 Mar 2022 onwards|
|Last date for online submission of the application||07 Apr 2022|
|Final confirmation of Application||08 Apr 2022|
|Downloading of Hall Tickets||17 May 2022|
|Entrance Examination||28 and 29 May 2022|
|Publication of Entrance Examination Result||21 Jun 2022|
|Interview/G.D/Written Test||to be announced|
|Rank List and Admission||to be announced|
|Commencement of classes||to be announced|
Schedule for Foreign Student Application
- Last date for submitting online application: 07 Apr 2022
MGU CAT 2022 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online through the official website https://cat.mgu.ac.in/
- Candidates can register their applications online within the time schedule specified. The Candidate should read carefully the Prospectus and the detailed instructions before submitting the online application.
- Those who are awaiting final semester results of qualifying exam can also apply provided that they should produce certificates and mark list of qualifying exam before the closing date of admission.
- The candidates need to register only one application (online) for a maximum of programmes of four different schools/departments/centres except MBA in SMBS. However, the candidate need to pay separate application fee for examinations opted from different schools/departments/centres.
- If a candidate submits more than one application in CAT- MGU his/her candidature is liable to be cancelled.
- For admission to MBA please go to the link www.admission.mgu.ac.in
- For General Candidates
- Rs.1100/- per each program/cluster of programs listed as a single option. (all programs of a School/Department/Centre for which only one test is required). However, if a candidate opt for different programmes of different schools for which different tests are to be taken, separate fee shall be remitted for each such programmes
- For SC/ST Candidates from Kerala
- Rs 550/- for each programme/cluster of programmes listed as a single option.
- Mode of Payment
- online payment system
- The admissions based on CAT- MGU will be through a Centralized allotment Process. There will be separate Entrance Tests for the various academic programmes offered in the different Schools of the University.
- An Entrance Test shall be conducted for the selection of candidates. All candidates except foreign students seeking admission, applicants for MBA and applicants for M. Tech with GATE score shall attend the Entrance Test.
- In programmes where an interview/Group Discussion/Written Test is conducted for the preparation of final rank list three times the required number of candidates for all categories will be called for interview /Group Discussion/Written Test in the first batch on the basis of their rank in the objective Test. The final rank list will be prepared on the basis of the score in the objective test, interview/Group Discussion/Written Test and adding the eligible bonus marks for NCC/NSS, Ex-Service Servicemen and the like.
MGU CAT 2022 Exam Pattern
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Duration||120 minutes (2 hours)|
|Total Question||80 Questions of 1 Mark|
|Negative Mark||There will be no negative score for incorrect answers.|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|MGU Website||Click Here|