MGCGV Chitrakoot PhD Admission 2022 – Mahatma Gandhi Chitrakoot Gramodaya Vishwavidyalaya (MGCGV), Chitrakoot, Madhya Pradesh invites application for PhD admission for the Academic Session 2022-23.
Check full details of MGCGV Chitrakoot PhD Admission 2022 such as, eligibility criteria, application process, application fee etc. below here.
MGCGV Chitrakoot PhD Programs
- Agriculture Extension
- Retail Management
- Soil Science
- Live Stock Production and Management
- Library and Information Science
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Environment Science
- Fine Art
- Political Science
- Rural Management
- Social Work
- Business Management
Eligibility Criteria for MGCGV Chitrakoot PhD Admission 2022
- A candidate for admission to the course of Ph.D. program shall have master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 point scale or an equivalent grade in a point scale where ever grading system.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
MGCGV Chitrakoot PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Commencement of online submission||20 May 2022|
|Last date for submitting the online Application||15 July 2022|
|Last date for submitting the online Application form with late fee||23 July 2022|
|Admit card download||25 July 2022|
|Date of Entrance Examination (only at Chitrakoot Centre)||28 July 2022|
MGCGV Chitrakoot PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
- Candidates can submit admission form through MPONLINE kiosk or using internet form their home through MPONLINE portal (https://mgcgv.mponline.gov.in) and making the payment through credit/ debit card or by net banking.
- Application/ Registration fee of Rs. 1500/- for General /OBC and Rs.750/ – for (SC/ST of MP and all Female Candidate).
- Rs. 150/- (MP online charges) will be charged by the candidate separately of any category.
- Late fee for all candidate is 250/- for all categories.
- Candidates shall be admitted through merit of an entrance test and viva voce.
- UGC/ State Govt. rules applied/ approved by coordination committee related to Ph.D. Programme shall be applicable from time to time.
MGCGV Chitrakoot PhD Entrance Test
- Entrance test will be held in offline mode. List of the candidates shortlisted for the interview and list of selected/wait listed candidates will be published in the website accordingly.
- The question paper of Ph.D. entrance test shall carry 70 marks.
- It shall comprise of two parts.
- Part-A shall consist of 35 objective type compulsory questions of 1 mark each based on research methodology.
- Part-B shall also consist of 35 objective type compulsory questions of 1 mark each based on the syllabus of the subject at Masters Level.
- There shall be no negative marking. The paper shall be of two hours duration.
- Passing percentage for this paper is 50% for all candidates.
Part-A Research Methodology
- UNIT 1: Meaning of Research Meaning, aims, nature and scope of research Prerequisites of research Types of research: Fundamental or Pure research, applied research and Action research
- UNIT 2: Research Problem Meaning of research problem Sources of research problem Characteristics of a good research problem Hypothesis: Meaning and types of hypothesis. Research proposal or synopsis
- UNIT 3: Methods of Research Studies Qualitative research – Historical studies Quantitative research – Descriptive and Experimental
- Unit 4: Review of Related Literature Purpose of the review Identification of the related literature Organizing the related literature
- UNIT 5: Data Collection (Sampling) Sampling and Population Techniques of sampling Selection Characteristics of a good sample Types of data
- UNIT 6: Tools of Data Collection Observation, Interview, Questionnaire, Rating scales, Attitude scales, Schedules, Characteristics of good research tools
- UNIT 7: Descriptive Statistics Tabulation, Organization, and Graphical Representation of Quantitative data Measures of Central Tendencies: Mean, Median, Mode Measures of Variability: Range, Quartile Deviation, Standard Deviation, and Coefficient of variation Normal Probability Distribution: Properties of normal probability curve, Applications of normality.
- UNIT 8: Research Report Format of the research report Style of writing the report References and bibliography
Part-B Subject Specific
- The syllabus of subject paper is based on the concerning subject of Master level of the University.