MGAHV Wardha PhD Admission 2023 – Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya Wardha invites application for PhD Admission 2022-23.
Check full details on MGAHV Wardha Admission 2023 here.
MGAHV Wardha PhD Programs
|No. of Seats
|PhD Hindi Language (Linguistics)
|PhD Informatics & Language Engineering
|PhD Spanish (Language/Linguistics/Translation)
|PhD Chinese (Language/Linguistics/Translation)
|PhD French (Language/Linguistics/Translation)
|PhD Urdu Language
|PhD Cinema Studies
|PhD Gandhi & Peace Studies
|PhD Dalit & Tribal Studies
|PhD Translation Studies
|PhD Migration & Diaspora Studies
|PhD Comparative Literature
|PhD Mass Communication
|PhD Social Work
|PhD Political Science
MGAHV Wardha PhD Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree (in concerned subjects) by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled (Divyang) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the University Grants Commission (UGC) from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based on merit of entrance exam without including the grace mark procedures.
- A person pursuing M.Phil. Course in this University whose dissertation has been submitted and the result or vivavoce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. Programme of this University.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. Programme.
- Upper age limit shall be 35 years for admission to Ph.D. Programme for those candidates who get fellowship. Relaxation in this upper age limit may be granted to the reserved category candidates as per rules of the Govt. of India/UGC.
MGAHV Wardha PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Online Application Form Start
|23 May 2023
|Last Date for submission of Online Application form
|22 June 2023
|Written Entrance Examination for Ph.D. programme
|05-07 August 2023
MGAHV Wardha PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website http://hindivishwa.org/
- Candidates are required to submit a complete online admission form at the university website. Separate applications and fees required if applying for more than one course.
|For Unreserved, OBC & EWS category
|For SC/ ST/ PH
MGAHV Wardha PhD Admission 2023 Selection Process
Candidates for Ph.D. Programme shall be admitted through an Entrance Test.
Entrance Test Details
Candidates shall be admitted in Ph.D. Programme by a three stage admission process.
Stage- I: Screening
- Screening of applications shall be done by Departmental Admission Committee as given below:
- i. Head of the Department/Director of the Centre : Chairperson
- ii. All Faculty members of the Department : Member
- iii. One SC/ST nominee (if not represented ) nominated by the Vice-Chancellor : Member
- The Screening Committee shall examine minimum qualifications of the candidates as prescribed.
Stage- II: Written Test
- The total marks for written test shall be 100.
- Qualifying marks shall be 50% in the written test (45% for SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PWD).
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
- The pattern of written test may be as adopted by the University for Semester Examinations or approved by Academic Council of the University.
- The Entrance Test shall be conducted at the centre(s) notified in advance. Change of centres, if any, shall also be notified well in advance.
Stage- III: Interview
- Interview of 25 Marks shall be conducted by the Central Admission Committee. The constitution of committee shall be as given below:
- i. Chairperson (Nominated by the Vice Chancellor)
- ii. Head of the Department/Director of the Centre : Member
- iii. One senior faculty member who is a research supervisor nominated by the Vice Chancellor : Member
- iv. One SC/ST nominee nominated by the Vice-Chancellor : Observer
Preparation of Merit List for Admission
- The Merit List for Admission to Ph.D. Programme shall be prepared based on marks obtained by the candidate in written test and interview by the Examination Department.
- Admission of the candidate shall be provisional till the date of registration.
- The date of joining shall be the date of admission.
- Ph.D. research scholars will be provided fellowship as per guidelines of the UGC/funding agencies.
- Non-NET fellowship shall commence from the date of admission.
- The research scholar shall have to submit a declaration at the time of admission that if she/he does not complete/submit her/his research work to the University for the Award of degree or leaves the programme, shall have to return total amount of fellowship received from the University. The University shall ensure the measures to recover the amount.