MDSU Ajmer PhD Admission 2022 – MDSU Ajmer invites application for PhD Admission through Research Eligibility Test – RET 2022.
Check more details on MDSU Ajmer PhD Admission 2022 below here.
Available PhD Programs
|Food & Nutrition||07|
|Drawing & Painting||01|
Eligibility Criteria for MDSU Ajmer PhD Admission 2022
- Master’s degree with at last 55% marks at the postgraduate examination of the university or an equivalent examination recognized by university in the subject or any allied subject for pursuing research.
- Relaxation of 5% marks in the eligibility (Marks) will be given to the SC/ST and differently able candidates or categories decided by UGC or those who had obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September, 1991.This relaxation of 5% to above mentioned categories is applicable only on the qualifying marks without including the grace marks procedure.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated programme. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (noncreamy layer)/differently-abled.
MDSU Ajmer PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Opening of the online portal||12 Feb 2022|
|Last Date for registration & fee deposit (Extended)||04 March 2022|
|Last Date for filling of application (Extended)||07 March 2022|
|Last date for submission of hard copy with attachments (Extended)||09 March 2022|
|MDSU Ajmer RET 2022 Exam Date||24 April 2022|
|Provisional Merit List||27 June 2022|
MDSU Ajmer PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online on the University website.
- Read instructions carefully given there before filling application form.
- Candidates will be admitted for Ph.D. programs through a Research Entrance Test (RET).
Criteria for Declaration of result
The candidates who obtain following minimum marks separately in Paper-I, Paper II and aggregate marks in both the papers as given below shall be declared eligible for Ph.D.:
|Category||Minimum Passing Marks Paper I||Minimum Passing Marks Paper II||Aggregate Passing Marks|
|General and OBC (creamy layer)||40%||40%||50%|
|O.B.C. (Non-creamy layer)||35%||35%||45%|
Exemption from the RET
The following persons shall be exempted from appearance in the RET, however they will have to submit application form for admission to the Ph.D. programme after the appearance of the notification for the same:
- The candidate who has qualified NET/SLET/GATE/any other junior research fellowship eligibility examination conducted by a National agency or is a Teacher Fellowship holder or has qualified M.Phil. programme as per UGC Regulation 2009.
- The permanent teachers of the University/affiliated college recruited as per UGC norms.
- If number of RET exempted candidates is equal to or more than twice the number of vacancies, then the University may not conduct the Eligibility Test.
MDSU Ajmer Research Eligibility Test (RET) Details
- The RET shall comprise of two papers of 100 marks each.
- The duration of each paper shall be one hour.
- Paper I shall be: General Paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude
- Paper II shall be: the subject selected by the applicant.
- An applicant who does not appear in Paper I Shall not be allowed to appear in Paper II.
- Paper I and Paper II shall consist of 50 Multiple Choice Questions each. Each question shall carry 2 marks. There will be no negative marking.
- The questions for paper I and II shall be based on the syllabus of National Eligibility Test (NET) of UGC/CSIR in a particular subject selected by the applicant and may be revised from time to time on the recommendation of the Academic council.
- Marking Response for Question Papers: The candidate will have to mark the response for questions of Paper I and II on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheet provided along with test booklet.