MKU PhD Admission 2021 – Madurai Kamaraj University invites applications for Ph.D. (Full Time/ Part Time) / M.Phil. Programmes – July Session – 2021.
Check more details below here.
Eligibility Criteria for MKU PhD Admission 2021
- Candidates willing to register for PhD Programme should have a Bachelor’s degree as well as a Master’s Degree (10+2+3+2 pattern or equivalent in that order) of this university or any other university recognized by this university as equivalent thereto in concerned disciplines with minimum 55% of marks in the aggregate marks in Master’s Degree.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to OBC (non-creamy layer) / Differently-abled /SC/ST categories of candidates as per the rules.
- Students who are pursuing their final year PG Course may also apply for the Common Entrance Examination for PhD programmes. The Pass Certificate will be issued only on production of attested copy of Cumulative Mark Statement ensuring minimum eligible percentage of marks in PG Degree.
MKU PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online mode through http://mkuniversity.ac.in/
- Read all instructions carefully before filling the online application.
|For PhD||Rs. 2,000/- (Rs.1,000/- for SC/ST Students)|
|For M.Phil.||Rs. 1,500/- (Rs.750/- for SC/ST Students)|
|Mode of Payment||Through SBI I Collect|
MKU PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
|Opening of Online Registration Portal||15 July 2021|
|Last date for submission of online application (Extended)||09 September 2021|
|Date and Time of Entrance Test (Online Objective Examination)||Will be notified|
- Selection for PhD Admission will be on the basis of Entrance test and interview.
- The department research committee shall rank the candidates on the basis of the marks obtained in the entrance test and the interview.
Exemption from Entrance Test and Interview
The following candidates are exempted from appearing for the entrance examination and interview and they may be directly admitted into the PhD programme.
- Candidates with Junior/Senior Research Fellowship (JRF/SRF) sanctioned by National/State level research funding agencies who have been admitted following the recommended admission procedure.
- Candidates duly selected by a Committee constituted by the Research Department/ Centre / Institution after proper notification and selection process and appointed in Research Projects.
- Those candidates may directly apply to the University Departments / Research Centres in Colleges for admission and need not apply for entrance examination and need not pay the online registration fees.
About Common Entrance Test
- The online entrance test shall comprise of two parts with duration of two hours.
- Pattern of Exam
|Part – I||Part – II|
|50 Marks – Multiple Choice Objective Questions – Research aptitude, English comprehension, logic and general reasoning.||50 Marks – Multiple Choice Objective Questions in the subject concerned.|
First Part – The first part includes Research aptitude, English comprehension, logic and general reasoning
Second Part – Second Part will be based on PG level syllabus in concerned subject.
The online Entrance test centers (Subject to change depending upon the minimum strength)
For more details and to apply online – visit