Kumaun University Nainital PhD Admission 2023 – Kumaun University Nainital invites applications for PhD admission through Research Degree Entrance Test 2023 (RDET 2023) offered in various subjects.
Check full details on Kumaun University Nainital PhD Admission 2023 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
Kumaun University Nainital PhD Programs
- PhD Botany,
- PhD Chemistry,
- PhD Commerce,
- PhD Computer Science,
- PhD Drawing & Painting,
- PhD Economics,
- PhD Education,
- PhD English,
- PhD Geography,
- PhD Geology,
- PhD Hindi,
- PhD History,
- PhD Journalism & Mass Communication,
- PhD Library & Information Science,
- PhD Mathematics,
- PhD Music,
- PhD Pharmaceutical Science,
- PhD Physics,
- PhD Political Science,
- PhD Psychology,
- PhD Sanskrit,
- PhD Sociology,
- PhD Tourism,
- PhD Zoology,
Subject Wise Vacancy 2023
|Drawing & Painting||3|
|Journalism & Mass Communication||2|
|Library & Information Science||2|
Eligibility Criteria for Kumaun University Nainital PhD Admission 2023
- A 1-year/2-semester master’s degree programme after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme or a 2-year/4-semester master’s degree programme after a 3-year bachelor’s degree programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution.
- Provided that a candidate seeking admission after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme should have a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed.
- Candidates who have completed the M.Phil. programme with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed.
- A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- Candidates who are in their final year/semester of the qualifying examination (postgraduate) are permitted to fill the online application form, with the condition that they must have completed their qualifying examination (postgraduate) before the counselling process. During the counselling process, the student is required to submit their mark sheet (including details of marks obtained) through the online medium. However, admission will be granted only if the candidate fulfils the minimum qualification criteria prescribed by the university. If the minimum qualification criteria are not met, the candidate’s candidature will be automatically cancelled, and the entrance examination fee deposited by the candidate will not be refunded.
Kumaun University Nainital PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Commencement of Online Registration||22 June 2023|
|Last date of Online application||12 July 2023|
(Up to 05:00 pm)
|Downloading of Admit Card from the University website||One week prior to the Examination date|
|Date of RDET Examination||23 July 2023|
Kumaun University Nainital PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- Access the official website of Kumaun University, Nainital, by visiting the website www.kunainital.ac.in.
- Locate and select the “Apply Online” link under the entrance examination to proceed with the application process as a new candidate registration.
- Provide all the necessary details in the online registration form. Ensure that all required fields are completed accurately and completely.
- Upon completing the online registration form, submit the form and proceed to the payment section.
- Pay the required amount using the available payment options specified by the university.
- Upon successful payment, a confirmation message or payment receipt will be generated. Save or take a screenshot of this confirmation for future reference.
- Retain a printout of the online application form for your records. To do so, access the “Print Application” or “Print Application Form” options provided on the website. Follow the provided instructions to generate a printable version of your application form.
- Safely store the printed application form for future reference.
- Ensure that you make a note of any unique application number or reference number provided by the system for future correspondence or inquiries.
|Application fee||Rs. 2150/-|
|Mode of Payment||Online|
- Candidates have to appear for Research Degree Entrance Test (RDET) followed by an interview. OR
- Direct Admission (RDET Exempted) but such candidates have to apply for PhD Entrance examination along with fees. These candidates have to appear for the interview.
- After the Research Degree Entrance Test (RDET), a 30-mark interview will be held at the relevant department/University, led by the Head of Department (HOD) and Convener of the subject at Kumaun University. Only those candidates having a percentage score in the entrance test with 50% or more for unreserved candidates, 45% or more for OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates, and 45% or more for SC/ST/VH/PH/EWS candidates shall be eligible to be called for the interview.
- The final merit ranking of candidates who pass the written examination will be determined by a combination of their scores, with 70% based on the marks scored in the written entrance examination and 30% based on the marks obtained in the interview.
Exemption from Entrance Test
- Candidates who have qualified for the National Eligibility Test (NET) with Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or RGNF or NFSC or NFOBC or NFST or any equivalent fellowship, candidates who have been awarded the Inspire Fellowship, and candidates who have passed the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) or GATE with fellowship or an equivalent national test may be considered for direct admission to the Ph.D. programme without having to appear for the Research Degree Entrance Test (RDET).
- However, such candidates must submit an application by the specified deadline and pay the necessary fees for the Ph.D. entrance examination online.
- Furthermore, the candidates whose fellowship certificate has expired will not be considered eligible for exemption from the RDET for the admission session 2023-2024.
- For candidates who are exempted from the Research Degree Entrance Test (RDET), their NET scores in the relevant subject will be taken into account instead of marks obtained in the written RDET test.
- The final merit list will be prepared using a 70% weightage of NET scores and a 30% weightage of interview marks. In case the NET Scores are not available, the final merit list will be prepared using a 70% weightage of their post-graduation scores in the relevant subject and a 30% weightage of interview marks.
- If a candidate who is exempted from RDET appears in the Research Degree Entrance Test, their final merit calculation will be based on the result of RDET written test. Such candidates will not be eligible for admission in the PhD program under the RDET exempted category.
Kumaun University Nainital Research Degree Entrance Test (RDET) Details
The University will administer a written examination worth 100 marks, with a total duration of 2 hours. The exam will consist of 100 objective/multiple choice questions, each worth one mark, with no penalty for incorrect answers.
The following is the pattern for the written examination
The Test will consist of two papers. Both papers will consist of objective type, multiple-choice questions. There will be no break between papers.
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions||Type of Questions|
|I||50||50||Multiple Choice Questions, This is based on the research methodology and assesses a candidate’s understanding of various research methodologies and their ability to apply them effectively in a research setting.|
|II||50||50||Multiple Choice Questions. This is based on the subject selected by the candidate and will assess domain knowledge.|
Centers for the Entrance Test
Syllabi for RDET
- Paper I: Research Methodology
- Paper II: Subject Specific
- Computer Science
- Drawing and Painting
- Forestry and Enviromental Science
- Information Technology
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Library and Information Science
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Political Science
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Kumaun University Nainital Website||Click Here|
|Latest PhD Admission Notifications||Latest PhD Admission Notifications|
|Admissions in Uttarakhand||Admissions in Uttarakhand|
Join Our Telegram Channel
Kumaun University Nainital PhD Admission 2022
|Kumaun University PhD Application Form Last date||24th December 2021|
|RDET Examination Date 2022||9th January 2022|
Kumaun University Nainital PhD Admission 2021
Subject Wise Vacancy 2021
|Drawing & Painting||03|
|Forestry & Environmental Science||03|
|Library & Information Science||02|
|Journalism & Mass Communication||04|
Kumaun University Nainital PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
|Commencement of Online Registration||28 October 2021|
|Last date of Online application||05 December 2021|
|Downloading of Admit Card from the University website||7 days before examination|
|Date of RDET Examination||19 December 2021|