KTU Kerala PhD Admission 2023 – APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, formerly known as Kerala Technological University, Kerala invites application for PhD admission in colleges affiliated to the University for academic session 2023-24.
Check full details on KTU Kerala PhD Admission 2023 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
KTU Kerala PhD Programs
Types of Registration
- PhD full time
- PhD part time
Types of online submission of application
- PhD full time
- PhD part time for faculty members of the University Departments or of an affiliated college of this University or Working with organisations within the country
- PhD full time for QIP
- Disciplines of Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Basic Sciences & Mathematics, MCA and Management.
Note to PhD Applicants
It is recommended that the applicant shall identify a suitable place of research and research supervisor by contacting the authorities of affiliated colleges and prospective research supervisors.
KTU Kerala PhD Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology, Architecture or a Master’s degree by research in Engineering/Technology with a minimum CGPA of 5.75
- Master’s degree in Basic Sciences or Mathematics with a minimum CGPA of 5.75
- Master’s degree in Computer Applications with a minimum CGPA of 5.75
- For Ph D in Management, Master’s degree in Management with a minimum CGPA of 5.75 or equivalent. Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology in Management related streams with a minimum CGPA of 5.75
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Architecture with a minimum CGPA of 7.75.
Basic Sciences candidates can pursue full-time as well as part-time research with the following condition that for all streams other than Mathematics, a co-guide is mandatory from a sister institution/ research organization which is willing to extend its research facilities/laboratories for the scholar.
Students in their final semester of PG & UG are permitted to apply with the grades upto their last results published, satisfying the eligibility criteria. Once selected, the students are supposed to submit their final mark list with grades satisfying the minimum eligibility requirement, to the place of research before taking admission. Students should produce their certificates at the time of admission at the place of research.
Exemption in the eligibility condition of SC/ST, Non Creamy layer OBC and differently abled
- Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Community (Non-Creamy Layers) / Differently-abled category candidates (with more than 40% disability) / EWS are eligible for admission with a minimum CGPA of 5.25 in all cases (i) to (iv) above and of 7.25 for case (v). Certificate of disability issued by District Medical Board is to be produced in the case of differently-abled candidates.
- The marks awarded by Higher Education Institutions / Universities in percentage and if no conversion criteria is mentioned by the respective institutions, percentage will be converted to CGPA, using the equation – CGPA = Percentage marks ÷ 10 + 0.25 for the purpose of assessing eligibility
External Part-time Candidates (Candidates working in firms/institutions not affiliated to the University and approved by the University)
- Only organisations/industries assessed and approved by the A P J Abdul Kalam Technological University of having good research facilities and research ambience are eligible to register their candidates for external registration of the University. Candidates in the same category who are working in institutions outside India, are permitted to apply only if the University has an MOU with the said organization
KTU Kerala PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Start of Submission of application form||09 June 2023|
|Last date for Submission of application form (Extended)||07 July 2023|
|Date of Entrance Test & Interview||To be Notified|
|Date of Interview||To be Notified|
KTU Kerala PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- The candidate has to apply online as specified in website app.ktu.edu.in.
- Read all the regulations and notifications related to admission towards PhD and confirm you have all the necessary eligibility criteria before making the fee payment.
|SC/ST applicants||Rs. 550/-|
|All applicants except SC/ST||Rs. 1100/-|
The selection will comprise of an entrance test evaluated out of 70 marks and an interview evaluated out of 30 marks.
- Candidates who are selected under the QIP (The Quality Improvement Program for teachers) and candidates with UGC-JRF fellowship are exempted from the Research Aptitude test and interview. They will be admitted directly for the research program. AICTE Doctoral Fellowship candidates will be admitted separately with separate notification.
- Those candidates with GATE score/NET/CAT/KSCSTE fellowship holders or other recognized National level examinations / M Phil holders with minimum CGPA of 5.75 (General Category) and CGPA of 5.25 (for SC/ST/OBC (Non Creamy layers) / Differently-abled category candidates (with more than 40% disability – as per the certificate issued by District Medical Board)) will have to appear for only Part A of the entrance test. The marks obtained out of 35 will be scaled to 70. They will have to attend the interview out of 30 marks. However, they can choose to appear for both Part A and Part B, in which case the marks will not be scaled up.
- Teachers of affiliated colleges under A P J Abdul Kalam Technological University with 5 years teaching experience will have to appear for Part A and only the section of questions pertaining to their area of interest or nearest from Part B. The marks out of 14 will be scaled to 35. They will have to attend the interview out of 30 marks. However they can choose to appear for Part A and the required 4 sections of Part B, in which case the marks will not be scaled up. UGC-JRF qualified candidates and sponsored candidates under AICTE QIP scheme need not attend the aptitude test and interview. However uploading all related documents is mandatory.
KTU Kerala PhD Entrance 2023 Details
The entrance test comprises of 2 parts – Part A (35 marks) and Part B (35 marks)
Format of Questions
- Each correct answer carries 1 mark. (2 marks for questions from area of interest in Part B).
- Each wrong answer reduces 1/4 mark (1/2 mark for questions from area of interest in Part B).
Part A – Research Aptitude (35 marks)
- Reasoning (18 marks)
- Basic English (5 marks)
- Research Methodology (12 marks)
Part B – Subject (35 marks)
- There will be at least 5 specialization sections (which includes compulsory section also) depending on the branch, with each section carrying 7 marks.
- All candidates will have to attempt 4 sections.
- Engineering, MCA and Physics candidates will have to attempt one section on Mathematics mandatorily. They will have to attempt another 3 sections which include their area of interest or nearest available area. The section on their area of interest will carry double weightage (14 marks) while the other three sections will carry 7 marks each.
- Candidates from Chemistry, Management and Architecture need not attempt Mathematics mandatorily. Separate Mathematics question papers will be put for the three categories,
- (i) Computer Science and MCA,
- (ii) Mathematics, and
- (iii) other Engineering streams (including Biotechnology and allied branches) and Physics.
- The branches are broadly identified as
- Computer Science & Engineering and allied branches
- Electronics Engineering and allied branches
- Mechanical Engineering and allied branches
- Electrical Engineering and allied branches
- Civil Engineering and allied branches
- Chemical Engineering and allied branches
- Biotechnology and allied branches
- Architecture and Planning
- Computer Applications
- Candidates should score an overall 50% marks (35/70) in the entrance test to appear for the interview.
- Candidates should score a minimum of 40% in the interview (12/30) and an overall 50% for selection (50/100).
- A relaxation of 5% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (belonging to Non Creamy Layer) / Differently-abled category (with more than 40% disability-as per the certificate issued by District Medical Board) will be granted as per the UGC norms. A relaxation of 5% more will be given to SC/ST candidates if sufficient number of candidates does not qualify, otherwise.
- University fellowships to eligible full time scholars for 3 years– As per University Norms. (Candidates shall submit valid certificate to prove their reservation category.)
- Higher education scholarships for full time study in government engineering colleges will be selected by the Directorate of Technical education after registration.
|Research Regulations||Click Here|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|KTU Kerala Website||Click Here|
|Latest PhD Admission Notifications||Latest PhD Admission Notifications|
|Admissions in Kerala||Admissions in Kerala|
Join Our Telegram Channel
KTU Kerala PhD Admission 2022
|Last date for Submission of application form||10 May 2022|
|Date of Entrance Test & Interview||Notified Later|
|Date of Interview||Notified Later|