Karnavati University PhD Admissions 2021 – Karnavati University Gandhinagar, Gujarat invites applications for PhD admission for the academic year 2021-22.
Available PhD Programs
- PhD in Design
- PhD in Management
- PhD in Dentistry
- PhD in Law
- The stretch of the Doctoral programme will be for three years followed by submission of the thesis. The programme is available on full-time/part time basis.
- Research scholars registered with Karnavati University need to complete one semester of coursework (included in the duration of three years), and then periodically appear before the Research and Development Committee, who monitors the scholars’ progress.
|Last date to Submit Online Applications||05 July 2021|
|Entrance Exam Date||10 July 2021|
|list of qualified candidates||15 July 2021|
- Master’s Degree with minimum 55% marks (50% marks in the case of SC, ST, OBC Non-creamy Layer and Differently-Abled and other categories as per rules of UGC or for those who had obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September, 1991.)
- M.Phil. Degree or equivalents are also eligible to apply.
Karnavati University PhD Admissions 2021 Application Process
- Candidates can apply through the official website of Karnavati University
- Read instructions and eligibility criteria available on website before filling application forms.
|Application Form Fee||2000/-|
|Candidates Working In Karnavati University||exempted|
- Eligible candidates interested for Ph.D. admission in Karnavati University as full time, part time or independent research have to appear in common Entrance Test.
- Candidates have to appear for Personal Interviews (PI)/Viva Voce at the concerned subject Department/School.
Exemption from Entrance Test
The candidates having one of the following qualifications shall be exempted from the entrance test –
- Qualified in SET/UGC-NET, JRF/TRF, Entrance Test of CSIR/ ICAR/ICMR/DBT/DST/ etc.
- M.Phil. from another UGC recognized University and whose admission has been done through the Entrance Test.
- Candidates who are granted fellowship/scholarship from state/central government agencies.
- Candidates with GATE/CAT and more than 75 percentile or 75 percent score (Management & Technology).
Candidates eligible for direct admission to the Ph.D. programme without entrance test, group discussion and personal interview –
- The candidates who are awarded Junior Research Fellowships (JRF/TRF) or any other prestigious fellowship from UGC, CSIR, DBT, ICMR, ICAR, etc., shall be eligible for direct admission to the Ph.D. programme any time of the year. Such candidates should, however, discuss their topic, research content etc., with the RDC for final approval
- Following candidates shall also be admitted direct to the Ph.D. programme on the recommendation of the Admission Committee with the approval of the RDC, provided they fulfill other requirements regarding eligibility, qualification, etc. However, such candidates shall have to present a seminar and discuss the broad area of research before the RDC. Such admissions shall be done on a case to case basis by RDC and RRC.
- Candidates sponsored under MoU/agreement between the Karnavati University and University/Institution/research station/laboratory etc. in India or abroad where specific clause(s) exist for registration of candidates for Ph.D. degree by the university and/or those selected under international cultural/educational/research/investigation exchange schemes of Government of Gujarat/India/UN bodies etc.
- Non-resident Indians and foreigners residing/working abroad, who have the required qualifications and working in academics/ research/industry/professional bodies for at least 05 years.
- Teachers working in government/aided/unaided institutions having at least 03 years of continuous teaching experience at degree and/or postgraduate level in the subject concerned and granted leave for pursuing Ph.D. programme and are awarded fellowship under Quality Improvement Programme or equivalent programme to pursue full-time Ph.D.
- Project fellows/Teachers working for minor/major research project approved/accepted by Karnavati University, as per the guidelines of the funding agency will also be exempted from Entrance Test. However, such candidates are required to fulfill other applicable rules and regulations for admission and discuss their research content before the RDC.
- Total marks for the Entrance Test will be 100 for 100 MCQs each of one mark
- Duration of the test will be 120 minutes.
- An Entrance Test shall be conducted with minimum qualifying marks as 50%.
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
For more details and to apply – visit