JRU Ranchi PhD Admission 2023 – Jharkhand Rai University (JRU), Ranchi invites applications for PhD Programme in various subjects for 2023.
Check full details on JRU Ranchi PhD Admission 2023 here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
Jharkhand Rai University PhD Programs
PhD Admission Categories
- Preferably individuals who would like to pursue full time Ph.D. Candidates with National level fellowships like UGC NET-JRF, CSIR NET-JRF, DBT-JRF, etc. are preferred and exempted from the written test.
- Financial Assistance: Full-time PhD students admitted into the PhD program are eligible to be considered for a University fellowship of Rs. 10,000/- per month in the first year based on their intake qualifications which may be extended further up to maximum three (3) years depending upon their performance. It will be obligatory on the part of every admitted Full time student to undertake 8 to 10 hours (per week) of work as assigned to him/her by the University.
- Preferably individuals working in organizations providing basic facilities and environment for research.
|Commerce & Management||Management, Commerce||1||3|
- A candidate who has obtained any Master’s Degree or equivalent from a UGC/AICTE recognized body with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/Cat-I and Differently-abled candidates) in aggregate or equivalent grade.
JRU Ranchi PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Last Date for Application||31 January 2023 (Tuesday)|
|Date of Ph.D. Entrance Test||19 February 2023 (Sunday).|
|Entrance Venue||Jharkhand Rai University, Kamre, Ratu Road, Ranchi, Jharkhand|
- Application Form is available for download from university website.
- Duly filled in applications shall be submitted along with Application Fees of Rs. 1000/- and required documents on or before 31-01-2023 Online or to Admission Department, Jharkhand Rai University, Kamre, Ratu Road, Ranchi, Jharkhand – 835222
- Selection of candidates for Ph.D programme will be based on Entrance Test and marks obtained in the qualifying Examinations
- Final cutoff marks will be decided by the University before publication of the results
Exemptions for Entrance Exam
- Those candidates who have qualified NET/ SLET/ M.Phil / People with exceptional achievements in related fields with 15 years of experience (Subject to the discretion of the Vice-Chancellor). However they have to qualify in the interview conducted by the University for Admission into Ph.D programme.
There will be Two Papers: Paper – I and II. Both Objective Type.
- Objective Paper: 50 Marks Time allotted for this will be 60 mins (10:00 am-11:00am). This paper will consist of 50 objective type questions of 1 mark each related to General Aptitude, Language, Information and Communication.
- Research: Meaning – Purpose- Types of research-significance of research in social and business sciences.
- Steps in Research: Identification, selection and formulation of research problem Research questions-Research design- Formulation of hypothesis- Review of literature.
- Sampling Technique: Sampling theory-Types of sampling-Steps in sampling, sampling and Non-sampling error-Sample size –Advantages and limitations of sampling.
- Data for Research: Primary data-Meaning-Collection methods-Observation – Interview-Questionnaire-Schedule-Pretest-Pilot study –Experimental and case studies- Secondary data- Meaning – Relevance, limitations and cautions.
- Processing Data: Checking- Editing-Coding- transcriptions and Tabulation- Data analysis- Meaning and methods- Quantitative and Qualitative analysis.
- Structuring the Report: Chapter format- Pagination- Identification- Using quotations- Presenting footnotes – abbreviations- Presentation of tables and figures- Referencing- Documentation-Use and format of appendices- Indexing.
- Research Report: Types of reports-Contents-Styles of reporting- Steps in drafting reports-Editing the final draft-Evaluating the final draft.
- Objective Paper: 50 Marks Time allotted for this paper will be 60 Minutes (11.00A.M. to 12.00 P.M.). This paper will consist of 50 objective basic questions from the specialization at master`s level of the candidate and specialization opted for Ph.D. Each question will carry 1 mark.
Zero Vigyan Alert
This is Private University. Please do proper research before taking admission.