Institute of Life Sciences PhD Admissions 2021 – Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar invites applications for PhD Programs 2021.
About Institute of Life Sciences Bhubaneswar
Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar, an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India engaged in advanced research.
Institute of Life Sciences has a broad vision of carrying out high-quality multidisciplinary research in the area of life sciences.
Available PhD Vacancy
The name of the faculties who are interested in taking students through regular Ph.D. program of ILS are listed below with their research interest
|Name of the Faculty||Area of Interest|
|Dr. Amol Suryawanshi||Clinical proteomics for understanding biology and diseases|
|Dr. Anshuman Dixit||Machine learning models for deciphering disease biomarkers|
|Dr. Arun Nagaraj||Plasmodium Biology – Parasite Virulence and Disease Pathogenesis|
|Dr. Gulam Hussain Syed||Virus Host Interactions and disease pathogenesis|
|Dr. Mamoni Dash||Design, synthesis and application of polymeric biomaterials|
|Dr. N Dey||Deciphering the functional role of transcription factor families in pearl millet|
|Dr. P.V. Ramchander||Identification and characterization of genes/mutations in human genetic disorders|
|Dr. Punit Prasad||Chromatin remodeling complexes in myeloid differentiation and leukemia|
|Dr. Rajeeb Swain||Understanding genetic architecture of kidney diseases using zebrafish as a model|
|Dr. Sandip K. Mishra||The role of Estrogen Related Receptor β in the crosstalk between extrinsic and intrinsic cell death pathways in breast cancer|
|Dr. Sanjeeb K. Sahoo||Nanotechnology based Drug Delivery for Cancer|
|Dr. Sunil K. Raghav||Developing immune-perturbed T cells for personalised therapy|
|Dr. Tushar Kant Beuria||Bacterial cell division and Antimicrobial resistance|
Institute of Life Sciences PhD Admissions 2021 Important Dates
|Last date of receiving applications||02 July 2021|
|Date of display of shortlisted candidates||09 July 2021|
|Tentative date of interview||2nd week of August, 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for Institute of Life Sciences PhD Admissions 2021
- M.Sc./ M.Tech./ M.Pharm./ M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification in life sciences and allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology, etc.) with at least 60% marks (or equivalent grade point).
- Candidates awaiting final results may also apply, however, if shortlisted, they have to produce their final mark sheet on the date of the interview, failing which they will not be interviewed.
- Candidates should have also qualified in CSIR/UGC-JRF or DBT-JRF or DBT-BINC-JRF or UGC-RGNF or ICMRJRF or DST-INSPIRE or GATE or GPAT. If the original certificate is not available, the candidate has to provide a photocopy of the original admit card and the particular result page highlighting their roll number, along with the application. Candidates with mark sheet can also apply, however, they have to submit their results at the time of interview.
- The candidate should be below 28 years in age, as on 2 nd July, 2021. An age relaxation of five years in the case of SC/ST/women/PH candidates and three years in the case of OBC candidates will be given (as per Govt. of India rules).
The fellowship and other emoluments will be as per the guidelines of the funding agencies – SERB/DST/DBT/CSIR/ICMR and as revised from time to time.
Institute of Life Sciences PhD Admissions 2021 Application Process
- Candidates may fill-up the prescribed application form through the link https://forms.gle/v7fiHnrJtufMndYH8 as available in ILS website (www.ils.res.in).
- Duly filled-up application form along with self-attested copies of all relevant certificates and copy of proof of payment should be sent to the [email protected] on or before 2nd July, 2021 (05.00 PM).
- Hard copy of the application must be posted. The application should be sent with the subject “Application for Ph.D. Program.
- Applications received after the last date will not be accepted.
|SC/ST/ physically handicapped||Nil|
- Candidates will be shortlisted for interview.
Notification – Download
For more details and to apply – visit