IMSc Chennai Integrated PhD Physics Admission 2022 – The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc) Chennaiinvites application for Integrated PhD Physics admission for the academic session 2022-23.
Check full details on IMSc Chennai Integrated PhD Physics Admission 2022 below here.
Theoretical physics group at IMSc is the largest group in the institute with the research interests of the faculty members spanning a wide range of energy scales – from string theory to complex systems. Broadly, the research areas pursued and the associated faculty are –
|Astrophysics and Cosmology||Manjari Bagchi, Dhiraj Kumar Hazra|
|Fluid Mechanics||Ronojoy Adhikari|
|Machine Learning||Ronojoy Adhikari|
|Optics and Quantum information||C. M. Chandrashekar, Sibasish Ghosh|
|Particle physics phenomenology and non-perturbative QFT||Sanatan Digal, Shrihari Gopalakrishna, D. Indumathi, V. Ravindran, Sayantan Sharma, Nita Sinha, Rahul Sinha|
|Quantum condensed matter||Ajit Coimbatore Balram, Syed R Hassan, Mukul Laad|
|Statistical physics, Soft Matter, Nonlinear Dynamics, Complex Systems||Pinaki Chaudhuri, Gautam Menon, Arnab Pal, R. Rajesh, Sitabhra Sinha, Satyavani Vemparala|
|String Theory||Sujay Ashok, Partha Mukhopadhyay, Roji Pius, Nemani V. Suryanarayana|
Eligibility Criteria for IMSc Chennai Integrated PhD Physics Admission 2022
- Applicants for the Integrated Ph.D. program should have completed a bachelor’s degree in physics or a BE/BTech degree by the time they join the program.
An applicant should have qualified one of the following examinations securing a rank as indicated below.
Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST)
- At the time of the interview, you are required to produce a valid JEST scorecard.
- JEST rank should be 100 or below.
UGC-CSIR NET Examination
- Only those who have qualified for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) are eligible to apply.
- Those who have qualified for only Lecturership are NOT ELIGIBLE.
- CSIR rank should be 100 or below.
- At the time of your interview, you are required to produce a valid letter from CSIR-UGC in which you are informed of your qualification as JRF.
GATE qualified candidates
- At the time of the interview, you are required to produce a valid GATE scorecard.
- GATE Rank should be 100 or below.
IMSc Chennai Integrated PhD Physics Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Last date for Applications||04 May 2022|
|List of shortlisted candidates||07 May 2022|
IMSc Chennai Integrated PhD Physics Admission 2022 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through official website https://www.imsc.res.in/
The steps for submission of ON-LINE application form are:
- To create an account, click on the “Register” link on this page. You will receive an email with your account information after registering with a valid email-id. Follow the instructions given in the email for resetting your password and further login.
- Login to the Admission Portal with your username (your email-id) and password. Fill the form and save it, or, modify an already saved form. Press the “Submit” button ONLY when you have inserted and checked all the mandatory fields.
- You need to upload the following PDF files while submitting your application. Each file should not exceed 1000KB
- Your curriculum vitae (Max file size 1000KB).
- Score Card of Qualifying Examination (Max file size 1000KB).
- After submission, a unique submission number and application details will be sent to your email-id.
- Please save all the emails sent to you and quote the unique submission number in any future communication.
- Your referees will get an automated email with a link to upload their reference letters after completion of your application.
- You may view your application and referee letter status after submitting your application.
- Based on the applications received, they will shortlist a few candidates for the interview.
- Interviews for admission to the Physics Integrated Ph.D. programs at IMSc are scheduled to take place in May (not before May 8th).
- Details will be sent only to shortlisted applicants by May 7th, 2022.
IMSc Chennai Integrated PhD Physics Admission 2022 Results
Based on the performance in the JEST/GATE/UGC-CSIR examination, followed by personal interviews, the following applicants have been selected for admission into the Integrated PhD Physics for the year 2022-23 at the Institute of Mathematical Sciences. The offer letters will soon be sent out to the selected candidates.
|5||142||Atharva S Naik|
IMSc Chennai Integrated PhD Physics Admission 2021
|Last date for Applications is||May 2021|
|Interviews will be held in||21-25 June 2021|