IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2022 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee invites applications for admission to the M.Tech Programs for the academic session 2022-23.
Check full details on IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2022 here.
IIT Roorkee M.Tech Programs
IIT Roorkee offers M.Tech Programs in following Department/
Centre/ School –
- Hydro and Renewable Energy (HRE)
- Chemical Engineering (CHD)
- Civil Engineering (CED)
- Earthquake Engineering (EQD)
- Electrical Engineering (EED)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECD)
- Computer Science and Engg (CSD)
- Hydrology (HYD)
- Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (MED)
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (MTD)
- Paper Technology Saharanpur Campus(PPD)
- Water Resources Development & Management (WRD)
- Physics (PHD)
- Nanotechnology (NTC)
- Disaster Mitigation and Management (DMC)
- Transportation Systems (TSC)
- Biosciences and Bioengineering (BBD)
- Polymer and Process Engg (PPE)
- Mehta Family School of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (MFS)
IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
For Admission to M.Tech Degree programs
- Candidates who possess the minimum educational qualifications as given in the information brochure are eligible to seek admission to these Postgraduate programmes.
- In addition, candidates of General and OBC category must have secured at least 60% marks or CGPA of 6.00 on a 10 point scale at the qualifying degree level; but for SC/ST/PD category candidates, this percentage is 55% or 5.50 CGPA on a 10 point scale. The marks awarded for the qualifying degree will be considered for eligibility.
- In case of CGPA awarded on a different point scale, as approved by the Senate of the Institute will be considered for deciding eligibility.
- These essential eligibility requirements are applicable to all the categories of candidates, viz: regular, full-time sponsored and part-time sponsored candidates.
Regular Candidates including GATE qualified Foreign candidates
- The normalized GATE marks of different papers will be used to prepare the merit list for programmes of a department. These Normalized GATE marks will be calculated by IIT Roorkee.
- Final year students who will be completing all the requirements of their qualifying examination including backpaper(s) / supplementary(ies) before the date of registration may also apply. A candidate appearing in any part of the qualifying examination including supplementary examination etc. after the date of registration shall not be considered to have qualified for admission in the year 2022-23 and if such a candidate is registered provisionally his/her admission shall be terminated.
- Direct admission without GATE will be offered to IIT graduates with a minimum CGPA of 8.00 on a 10 point scale.
- Candidates having AMIE/ AMIS/ AMIIChE/ AMIIM/ Grad IETE, who possess B.Sc. or Diploma in engineering and have at least three years research, teaching or other professional experience at the submission of last date of application acquired in relevant field, are also eligible to apply for admission to M.Tech. courses.
Full-Time Sponsored Candidates
- These candidates must have a minimum of two years of full-time work experience till the last date of submission of application form (subject to point 2 as for regular candidates) in responsible capacity in a Registered Firm/ Company/ Industry/ Educational and Research Institution/Govt./Quasi Govt./Autonomous Organization in the relevant field in which admission is being sought. The Firm/Company/Industry shall either be a public sector undertaking or a public limited undertaking registered in a stock exchange or a private concern whose annual turnover during the past 2 years exceeds Rs. 5.0 crores. For a candidate employed in an educational Institution, it should be recognized by AICTE.
- Full time sponsored candidates with GATE and without GATE can apply for admission to different academic programmes but their admission will be based on performance in an Interview/Written Test to be held at IIT Roorkee. The candidates will be called for Interview/written test on the basis of their results of the qualifying degree.
- Candidates should submit the sponsorship certificate along with the application, duly signed by the Head of the Institution/Organization on proforma.
- A few candidates are also admitted under QIP, Early Faculty Induction Programme of AICTE and Defence Research & Development Organization Schemes, for which the admission procedure is separate. For further details, please contact AAO, Admission, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, ROORKEE247667. The sponsored candidates who meet the above mentioned eligibility conditions, along with the minimum educational qualifications may apply. Preference in admission will be given to those candidates who are GATE qualified.
Part-Time Sponsored Candidates (Three years duration)
- These candidates must satisfy condition specified as for full-time sponsored candidates, with the additional requirement that such organizations must be located either at Roorkee or within a radius of 20 km from Roorkee.
- Part time sponsored candidates with GATE and without GATE can apply for admission to different academic programmes but their admission will be based on performance in an Interview/Written Test to be held at IIT Roorkee. The candidates will be called for Interview/Written Test on the basis of their results of the qualifying degree. However, no self-sponsored candidate will be admitted for part time study.
- There will not be any age restriction. However, preference will be given to those who are below 45 years of age.
- For admission to a postgraduate programme as a part-time student, No Objection Certificate from the Head of the Institution/Organization as per Annexure-2 must be submitted along with the application.
- For part-time students, the concerned academic department will draw up the detailed academic programme on an individual department basis.
- The part-time students will be required to attend all lectures, tutorials and practical classes for the courses prescribed for them and must satisfy the attendance requirements.
- The part-time students will not be eligible for any scholarship, prize etc.
- The status of a part-time student will not be changed from part-time to a regular full-time student.
- Members of the Staff of the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee seeking admission as part-time sponsored candidates should submit the sponsorship certificate from the Registrar. Preference in admission will be given to those candidates who are GATE qualified.
- GATE qualified candidates be considered for admission in a PG programme, as per his/her eligibility, as part time PG student and also simultaneously be appointed as Project fellow/JRF in Externally funded Research Project, provided the remaining duration of the project must be at least one and a half year at the time of registration. The Staff working in externally funded research projects (Under SRIC Office) in the Institute should submit the sponsorship certificate from the appointing authority (SRIC).
- The candidates working in Institute / University awarding PG degree itself are not eligible for admission as part-time or full-time candidate, except QIP candidates.
- Admission to full time/part time sponsored candidates will only be offered over and above the sanctioned intake provided departments concerned agree.
- All foreign candidates are requested to visit the website of International Relations, IIT Roorkee https://ir.iitr.ac.in/ for relevant information towards application submission, registration, fee structure, accommodation, etc.
IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Start of Online Application Process||March 27, 2022 (Sunday)|
|Last Date for Online Application Submission and Deposit of fee||April 09, 2022 (Saturday) till 5:00 P.M.|
IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2022 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online through the official website https://www.iitr.ac.in/
- Before applying, candidates are advised to read the PG Information Brochure 2022 carefully and keep ready the scanned copies of required testimonials for uploading.
Steps to Apply
- Step 1 – Registration (Separate applications (with payment) are required for each Admission category)
- Step 2 – Complete Application Form
- Step 3 – Proceed to Payment
Download the completed Application Form (Take a print out of the entire file. This printout is NOT to be sent to IIT Roorkee. It is only for candidate’s own record purpose)
|For General/GEN-EWS/OBC Category||Rs. 300/-|
|For PwD/SC/ST Category||Rs. 150/-|
|For Foreign candidates||Nil|
- Admission to various Postgraduate (PG) academic programs of the Institute is open to all Indian candidates irrespective of caste, creed and sex.
- Admission to Postgraduate programmes for the academic session 2022-23 in different academic programmes leading to M.Tech./M.Arch./M.U.R.P. degrees including M.Tech. degree after M.Sc., for full time regular students with Ministry of Education (MOE) assistantship will be made on the basis of valid Normalized GATE marks only. Sponsored candidates may be admitted through an Interview/Written Test.
- There are approved numbers of seats in different programmes for which assistantships are given by the MOE to GATE qualified candidates selected for admission within the sanctioned intake. However, the Institute may admit additional eligible (GATE qualified) candidates with assistantship from Govt. agencies like MNRE, provided the fellowship are approved for concerned department(s), and deptt agree to admit more than the sanctioned intake.
Basis of Selection for Admission
Admission will be made strictly in order of merit and the preferences for the programmes given by a candidate in his/her Application. The basis for determining candidate’s merit position is given in Table –
|Candidate’s Status||Basis for Selection|
|GATE qualified regular candidates||Valid Normalized GATE marks only|
|Regular B.Tech. degree holders from the IITs without GATE score||CGPA > 8|
|Sponsored candidates(Full Time and Part Time)||Interview/Written Test & Relevant Experience|
- Scholarship/Assistantship, as applicable shall be provided to the candidates as per rule.
- B.Tech. degree holders from any IIT with minimum CGPA of 8.00 on a 10 point scale without GATE are also eligible for MOE assistantship.
- Scholarship/Assistantship will not be awarded to those who are in receipt of salary from any source. However, teacher candidates may be granted scholarship/assistantship in addition to the study leave benefits provided that they are not in receipt of any deputation allowance from their employer, in addition to the study leave salary as per norms.
- The continuance of the assistantship/scholarship to a student shall depend upon his/her satisfactory progress report of work, attendance, conduct and the academic performance (SGPA/CGPA), as per Regulations in vogue.
- Under MoU with the Department of Atomic Energy, the candidates qualifying under Department of Atomic Energy Graduate Fellowship Scheme may be admitted to M.Tech. programmes.
- Some foreign scholarships may be available to selected M.Tech. students for doing their dissertation under exchange programmes. More details are available at https://ir.iitr.ac.in/
IIT Roorkee M.Tech Admission 2021
|Start of Online Application Process||10 April 2021|
|Last Date for Online Application Submission and Deposit of fee||25 April 2021 till 5 P.M.|