IIT Roorkee DBT Supported MSc Biotechnology Admission 2022 – IIT Roorkee invites application for admission into DBT Supported M.Sc in Biotechnology program for GAT-B qualified candidates.
Check full details on IIT Roorkee DBT Supported MSc Biotechnology Admission 2022 below here.
IIT Roorkee DBT Supported MSc Biotechnology Program
|Admission process||Through GAT-B 2022 Score|
The students will gain multifaced exposure in the rea area of Biotechnology, such as Computational biology, bioinformatics, structural biology, plant, animal and, microbial biotechnology, nanotechnology, bioprocess engineering, omics technologies, separation technologies.
The program structure contains significant weightage on both theoretical and practical aspects of biotechnology.
Career opportunities for the graduating students are either in higher education (Ph.D.) or working in industry or setting up independent start-ups/companies.
IIT Roorkee DBT Supported MSc Biotechnology Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree (3/4/5 years) in any relevant area of Biology/Biotechnology /Agriculture, Allied discipline with any biology subject.
- GEN/OBC/EWS: Minimum of 60% marks OR a CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale in the last qualifying examination.
- SC/ST/PwD: Minimum 55% marks OR a CGPA of 5.5 on a 10 point scale in the last qualifying examination.
- Marks / CGPA will be admissible as per the degree awarding institute and will not be interchangeable. If both are awarded by the degree awarding institute, the higher one will be considered.
- Admission to reserved category candidates will be as per the Government of India rules.
- Non-submission of eligibility proof latest by the time of admission will disqualify the candidate from getting the admission.
- Final year students who will be completing all the requirements of their qualifying examination including backpaper(s) / supplementary(ies) before the date of registration may also apply. Such candidates may be admitted provisionally but they will be required to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying degree with the required percentage of marks or CGPA within the stipulated period to be decided by the institute, failing which their admission shall be cancelled.
- A candidate appearing in any part of the qualifying examination including supplementary examination etc. after the date of admission registration shall not be considered to have qualified for admission in the year 2022-23 and if such a candidate is registered provisionally his/her admission shall be terminated.
- The merit list for admission into M.Sc. Biotechnology programme shall be done through GAT-B 2022 score only.
IIT Roorkee DBT Supported MSc Biotechnology Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Admission process begins||11 June, 2022|
|Last date for Receipt of Applications for admission||28 June 2022|
|Display of 1st admission list||08 July, 2022|
|Display of 2nd Round Admission List, if required||14 July, 2022|
|Admission Registration at IIT Roorkee||22 July, 2022|
IIT Roorkee DBT Supported MSc Biotechnology Admission 2022 Application Process
- Candidates are requested to apply online only. Hard copy of the application need not be submitted. Physical application will not be considered.
- Before applying, candidates are advised to read the “Information Brochure for M.Sc. ( Biotechnology) Admission 2022-23” carefully
- The candidates must follow the following steps while applying online:
- Access the URL: https://iitr.ac.in/Academics/Admission%20To%20Postgraduate%20Programmes.html
- M.Sc. Biotechnology Admission through GAT-B
- Apply online -Register New Account
- Complete Application Form.
- Download Application Form (Take a print out of the entire file. This printout is NOT to be sent to IIT Roorkee. It is only for candidate’s own record purpose).
- Application sequence number generated on downloaded application form will be used in all correspondence in future.
List of Documents Required for Online Application
- Recent Photograph.
- Candidate’s Signature.
- Valid GAT-B Score card.
- 10th Certificate.
- 12th /Diploma Certificate.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Provisional Degree Certificate along with consolidated mark sheet till final semester (Appearing candidates may upload the marksheets upto pre-final year/semester).
- SC/ST/OBC/GEN-EWS/PwD Certificate, if applicable.