IIT JAM 2023: Dates, Application Form, Answer Key, Cutoff, Results
JAM – Joint Admission Test for Masters
IIT JAM is an exam for the aspirants who are interested in pursuing M.Sc. (Two Years), Masters in Economics (Two Years), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other Post-Bachelor Degree Programmes & Integrated Ph.D. Programmes from renowned Indian colleges like IISc, IITs, NITs DIAT, IIEST, IISER, IIPE, JNCASR, SLIET for over 2300 seats..
IIT JAM 2023 Exam conducted on 12th February 2023.
Highlights of IIT JAM 2023
- IIT Guwahati is the Organizing Institute for JAM 2023.
- JAM 2023 Examination will be in online mode as Computer Based Test (CBT) for all Test Papers.
- JAM 2023 will have seven Test Papers, namely, (i) Biotechnology (BT), (ii) Chemistry (CY), (iii) Economics (EN), (iv) Geology (GG), (v) Mathematics (MA), (vi) Mathematical Sciences (MS) and (vii) Physics (PH) and Economics (EN).
- All the seven Test Papers of JAM 2023 will be of entirely objective type, with three different patterns of questions, namely Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- Applications will be accepted ONLINE only through JAM 2023 website.
- No hardcopy of the JAM 2023 scorecard will be sent to the JAM 2023 qualified candidates by the Organizing Institute. It can only be downloaded from JAM 2023 website within a specified period.
- JAM 2023 scores likely to be used by around 30 CFTIs including NITs, IISc, DIAT, IIEST, IISER, IIPE, JNCASR, SLIET for over 2300 seats.
|Exam Name||JAM 2023 (Joint Admission Test for Masters 2023)|
|Exam Organiser||IIT Guwahati|
|Exam for Course Level||PG level|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test (Online Mode)|
|Medium of Paper||English only|
|Test Duration||180 minutes (3 hours)|
|Courses Offered||M.Sc. (Two-year), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other Post-Bachelors Degree Programmes|
Important Dates for JAM 2023
|JAM 2023 Event||Date (Day)|
|IIT JAM 2023 Notification Release||July 2022|
|JAM Online Application Processing System Website Opens||07 September 2022|
|Last Date for Online Registration/Application Submission and Uploading of Documents on the Website (Extended)||14 October 2022|
|Correction or Change in application form||Nov 10 – Nov 30, 2022|
|Availability of JAM Admit Cards on the Online Application Portal (for Download and Printing)||11 January 2023|
|Date of JAM 2023 Examination||12 February 2023|
|Announcement of the Results||22 March 2023|
|Online Application for Admission Counselling||11-25 April 2023|
JAM 2023 Exam Schedule
JAM 2023 will be held in two sessions on 12 Feb 2023 as a Computer Based Test (CBT).
|Examination Date||Session||Test Papers (Paper Code)|
|February 12, 2023|
|February 12, 2023|
Mathematical Statistics (MS)
A candidate can appear in either ONE or TWO Test Paper(s). However, a candidate can appear in two Test Papers only if these are not scheduled in the same session.
IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who qualify in JAM 2023 shall have to fulfill the following Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for admissions to IITs.
- Candidates should have passed an undergraduate degree or should be currently studying in their final year of undergraduate programme. Proof of having passed the undergraduate degree should be submitted by September 30, 2023.
- Candidates promoted without a marksheet should produce a certificate stating the subjects studied in that semester/year duly signed by the Head of the Institute.
- Foreign nationals with Indian degree are eligible to apply, subject to policy of the Admitting Institute.
Complete details for IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria
IIT JAM 2023 Application Form
Every year JAM Exam is generally conducted on second Sunday of February. This year IIT Guwahati is organizing the JAM 2023 exam.
Notification for JAM 2023 released. Check complete details about How to Fill the Online Application Form & make correction – IIT JAM Application Form 2023
IIT JAM 2023 Syllabus for All Subjects
Before starting preparation for any exam knowing syllabus is very important. With syllabus of IIT JAM exam, you can prioritize your preparation for important topics. Then choose the study material according to the syllabus.
Check the complete syllabus for your opted subject here – IIT JAM Syllabus 2023.
IIT JAM 2023 Exam Pattern
Before starting your preparation, it is important to know the IIT JAM Exam Pattern. So that you can easily understand the marks weightage of the topics.
The IIT JAM Exam contains three sections with three different types of questions as follows:
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
These questions have four choices out of which only one choice is correct.
Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)
These questions have four choices and there may be one or more than one choice(s) can be correct out of the four given choices.
Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions
These types of questions do not have any choices. The answer can be numerical value, decimal, or an integer value.
Check the complete IIT JAM Exam Pattern like section-wise marks, negative marking, and other important details here – IIT JAM 2023 Exam Pattern.
IIT JAM Previous Years Question Papers & Answer Key
You must practice solving JAM Previous Years’ Question Papers. It will help you to understand the difficulty level of exam, topic wise marking weightage, boost up your confidence, etc.
IIT JAM 2023 Admit Card
IIT JAM Admit Card is compulsory for each aspirant to appear in exam.
IIT JAM Admit Card released from January, 2023.
IIT JAM 2023 Preparation Tips
Here we will discuss some tips, tricks and quick notes for preparing for the IIT JAM 2023 Exam – IIT JAM Tips. These will help you in your preparations.
IIT JAM 2023 Results
IIT JAM 2023 result declared.
Check – IIT JAM 2023 result
IIT JAM Cutoffs
Check here IIT JAM Cutoffs
List of Admitting Institutes for IIT JAM 2023
|6.||IIT (ISM) Dhanbad|
|21.||IIT (BHU) Varanasi|
Result Sharing Institutes
For programmes listed below, admissions will not be directly based on the JAM 2023 score. However, to get admitted into these programmes, candidates qualified in JAM 2023 can apply separately to the Institutes concerned.
Result Sharing Institutes and Programmes
|Institutes||Programme||JAM Test Papers|
|IISc Bangalore||Integrated Ph.D. in Biological Sciences||BT|
|IISc Bangalore||Integrated Ph.D. in Chemical Sciences||CY, PH|
|IISc Bangalore||Integrated Ph.D. in Mathematical Sciences||MA, MS|
|IISc Bangalore||Integrated Ph.D. in Physical Sciences||PH|
CCMN (Counselling Body for Admission to NITs and CFTIs) will admit candidates through qualified JAM 2023 scores. Refer to web page of CCMN for further information about these Institutes.
JAM score will also be used by other centrally funded technical institutions such as IIEST Shibpur, SLIET Punjab, and IISERs for admission to their postgraduate programmes.
JAM 2023 Seat Matrix & Courses
M.Sc. (Two Years), Masters in Economics (Two Years), MSc-PhD Dual Degree, Joint MSc-PhD, and other Post-Bachelor’s Degree Programmes at different IITs and Integrated Ph.D. Programmes at the IISc to which admissions shall be made on the basis of JAM 2023. Check out the IIT JAM list of courses and Seat Matrix offered by each IIT and the IISc.
Also, visit – List of NIT MSc Courses