IISc Bangalore has started admission process for IITs and IISc after the declaration of IIT JAM Result. Candidates who has qualified for the JAM 2021 exam have to appear for IIT JAM Counselling 2021 for admissions.
Check the complete details like important dates, procedures, instructions etc. of the IIT JAM 2021 Counselling Process below here.
IIT JAM 2021 Counselling Dates
|Submission of Application form for Admission||20 April 2021 to 20 May 2021|
|Declaration of IIT JAM First Admissions List 2021||16 June 2021|
|Declaration of IIT JAM Second Admissions List 2021||01 July 2021|
|Declaration of IIT JAM Third and Final Admissions List 2021||16 July 2021|
|Closure of Admissions through JAM 2021||20 July 2021|
IIT JAM 2021 Counselling
Only candidates who qualify in JAM 2021 (whose names appear in the Merit List) will be eligible to apply for admission to any of the Academic Programmes available at different participating IITs.
Before filing admission preference candidates should check the brief profiles of the Admitting Institutes and Departments at their respective websites.
Applicants should note that they have to apply by filling an online Application Form for Admission (henceforth called Admission Form) available only at JOAPS website.
Based on the test paper(s) qualified, an applicant can apply to one or more academic programmes covered under that test paper(s), subject to fulfillment of the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and the Eligibility Requirements (ERs) of the Admitting Institutes. For the academic session 2021-22.
How to Fill IIT JAM 2021 Counselling Form?
The admission in IITs will be given on the basis of all India merit list of the IIT JAM 2021 Exam.
Steps for IIT JAM Counselling 2021 is given below.
Step 1 – Visit the JOAPS website and log in through enrollment ID and password.
Step 2 – Enter the required details such as education qualification, aggregate CGPA, category, choice of programs, the order of preferences etc.
Step 3 – After filling all the details pay the application fee of INR 600.
List of Documents Required for IIT JAM 2021 Counselling
The following documents, in PDF form, are required for applying online.
Mandatory Documents for All
- Class X Certificate
- Class XII Marks sheet
- Marks sheets of all semesters/ years of the Qualifying Degree
Document for General Category
- Nationality Certificate: Birth Certificate or Voter ID or First page of Passport or School Transfer Certificate (TC) showing nationality or Nationality Certificate issued by the authorized government agency or Aadhar Card.
- Category Certificate for OBC-NCL, EWS, SC and ST applicants
- PwD Certificate for PwD applicants
Note that Nationality Certificate is NOT required for candidates submitting the category certificate. Category certificate serves as Nationality Certificate too.
The photograph and signature uploaded during the time of applying for JAM 2021 Examination will be used for the admission process.
IIT JAM 2021 Admission List
Admissions lists will be declared during IIT JAM counselling process. The admission list will be prepared according to the available seats, JAM merit list and preferences of candidates.
Schedule for releasing IIT JAM admission list
|First Admission List||16 June 2021|
|Second Admission List||01 July 2021|
|Third Admission List||16 July 2021|
IIT JAM 2021 Admission Procedure
The following admission procedure shall be followed for all the Programs at IITs covered under JAM 2021.
- The Applicant will be considered for admission only to the program(s) filled in the Application Form for admission.
- Considering the candidate’s rank in the All India Merit List, category of the candidate and the order of preference declared in the Application Form, the First Admission List for each program will be prepared by the Organizing Institute and will be announced on June 16, 2021 through
- Once an offer is received, Applicants can log into http://joaps.iisc.ac.in and choose one of the three options viz.
- (a) Accept and Freeze
- (b) Accept with Upgrade
- (c) Reject and Quit
Accept and Freeze
- By choosing “Accept and Freeze”, the Applicant accepts the offered seat and would not like to upgrade to higher preferences, if any, in the subsequent rounds (if applicable).
- The applicant also will not be considered for admission in the subsequent rounds (if any).
Accept with Upgrade
- By choosing “Accept with Upgrade”, the Applicant accepts the offered seat and would like to upgrade to higher preferences in the subsequent rounds (if any).
Reject and Quit
- By choosing “Reject and Quit”, the Applicant rejects the offered seat and would not like to continue in the admission process of JAM 2021. The seat offered to the Applicant would be cancelled and the candidate will not be considered further in the admission process.
For “Accept and Freeze” and “Accept with Upgrade” decisions, the Applicant will be directed to an ONLINE payment portal to pay the “Seat Booking Fee”
|Category||Seat Booking fee|
The Seat Booking Fee will be transferred to the Admitting Institute and will be adjusted against the Institute Fee at the time of Admission.
For “Reject and Quit” decision, the applicants will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on their registered mobile number. The OTP has to be entered to confirm the decision.
If seats remain vacant the Organizing Institute will prepare further Admission Lists.
JAM 2021 Results Sharing Institutes Admission Procedure
There are many institutes NITs and CFTIs that takes admissions through IIT JAM.
If you have qualified JAM 2021 then you can apply for these institutes through CCMN Counselling 2021.
For IIT JAM Counselling – Visit