IIT JAM 2023 Application Form – The upcoming Joint Admission Test for Masters will be conducted on 12th February 2023 and the online form registration started from 07 September 2022. Students who want to appear for the examination have to apply online through JAM website.
Check the step by step procedure to fill the IIT JAM Application Form 2023.
Latest – Correction window for Application Data is open now
Important Dates for IIT JAM 2023 Exam
Dates for JAM 2023 are as follows –
|JAM 2023 Event||Date (Day)|
|IIT JAM 2023 Notification Release||July 2022|
|JAM Online Application Processing System Website Opens||07 September 2022|
|Last Date for Online Registration/Application Submission and Uploading of Documents on the Website (Extended)||14 October 2022|
|Correction or Change in application form||Nov 10 – Nov 30, 2022|
|Availability of JAM Admit Cards on the Online Application Portal (for Download and Printing)||January 2023|
|Date of JAM 2023 Examination||12 February 2023|
|Announcement of the Results||22 March 2023|
|Online Application for Admission Counselling||11-25 April 2023|
IIT JAM 2023 Application Procedure
Candidates can apply for JAM 2023 only through the JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) link available at the JAM website .
A candidate has to first register on the JOAPS website by providing his/her name, a valid E-mail address, a working mobile number and a password.
After successful registration an e-mail containing the candidate’s Enrolment ID will be sent to the e-mail address and mobile number provided by the candidate.
The candidate needs to use this enrolment ID along with the password for all JAM 2023 related communications or website operations.
Keep the ID and password information safe and confidential.
Application fee has to be paid online. The candidate will be able to make the payment using his/her net-banking account, debit or credit card. Additional bank charges apply.
The details of the application fee specific to Gender/Category are given bellow
|Group/Category||One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ST/PwD||₹ 900/-||₹ 1250/-|
|All Others||₹ 1800/-||₹ 2500/-|
Requirements to Fill the IIT JAM Application Form
Before applying for IIT JAM Exam aspirants are advised to keep all the documents and information ready.
Data Requirement for Filling the IIT JAM 2023 Application Form
Personal information (name, parents’ name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ mobile number, etc.). Name of the candidate in the application form must be exactly same as per the qualifying degree certificate.
JAM 2023 Score Card will be issued as per the name entered in the application form. Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt, etc. should NOT be used before name.
- Address for communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- JAM paper(s)
- Choice of JAM examination cities
- valid Identity Document (ID) details (This ID proof in original, should be carried by the candidate to the examination hall)
- High-quality image of the candidate’s photograph as specified
- High-quality image of the candidate’s signature as specified
- Category Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment
You must fulfill the IIT JAM Eligibility criteria for applying JAM application. You must check it before filling the registration form.
IIT JAM 2023 Application Form – Photograph/Signature Requirements
- Please pay attention to upload only a good quality photograph. The JAM Score Card will be printed with the photograph you submit.
- Your appearance on the day of the examination must match with the photograph.
- A passport size (3.5 cm Width × 4.5 cm Height) photograph of the face of the candidate in JPEG format is required for the application form.
- Maximum size of the JPEG image can be 480×640 in pixels (0.3 Mega pixel). The minimum pixel size of the JPEG image should be 240×320 in pixels. The file size of the image should be in the range of 50 kB to 200 kB.
- The photograph must in COLOR and recent.
- Background of the photograph must be white or a light colour.
- The face should occupy minimum 50% of the area of the photograph with looking into the camera directly, with a full-face view.
- The main features of the face forehead, eyes, nose and chin should be clearly visible and not be covered by any cloth, hair of the head, or any shadow..
- If you normally wear spectacles, a photograph with glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. While you may wear spectacles for the photo shoot, if glare cannot be avoided, then remove the spectacles. You must not wear spectacles with dark or tinted glasses, only clear glasses are permitted.
- Poor quality of the photograph will lead to rejection of your application, without any refund of the application fee.
- Draw a rectangular box of 2 cm × 7 cm (Height × Width) on a white paper. Sign with dark blue or black ink pen completely within this box horizontally.
- A signature with all CAPITAL LETTERS, Initials or in any other color shall NOT be accepted.
- Scan it using a professional scanner. Crop it to the border of the box.
- Only JPEG image format will be accepted.
- The maximum image size of the signature should be 160×560 in pixels.
- The minimum image size of the signature should be 80×280 in pixels.
- The file size of the image should be in the range of 50 kB to 150 kB.
IIT JAM Application Form 2023 – Document Specifications
|Particulars||File Size||Dimensions||Maximum Size||Format|
|Photograph||5 KB – 200 KB||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm||480 x 640 pixels||JPEG|
|Signature||5 KB – 150 KB||2 cm x 7 cm||160 x 560 pixels||JPEG|
Candidates who belong to SC or ST category have to upload a valid documentary proof for concession in application fees. Certificate issued ONLY by authorized officials shall be valid. Necessary action shall be initiated for any wrongdoing and misinformation. The same document shall be required to be submitted to the Admitting Institute at the time of admission. The onus of verifying SC/ST certificate lies with the Admitting Institute. The JAM Committee will not be responsible for any incorrect declaration of the SC/ST status of candidates.
NOTE to OBC-NCL/EWS Candidates:
OBC-NCL/EWS candidates are NOT required to submit/upload any category certificate along with the filled online application form. However, they are required to submit this certificate in the prescribed format (OBC-NCL and EWS), issued ONLY by authorized officials, at a later date.
IIT JAM 2023 Application Form – Registration Process!
Check the complete step by step procedure to fill the IIT JAM 2023 Application form below.
Step 1 – Register through JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS)
Go to the JOAPS Website.
Click on Register Here if you are new user and fill all the details asked such as name, email and password, mobile number, etc.
Click on the “Submit” button.
You will get a confirmation message and a unique Enrolment ID through e-mail or SMS after submitting the required details.
Keep your ID and password safe.
Step 2 – Fill the Complete Details Asked in Application Form
Log in to the JOAPS portal using your Enrolment ID and password to complete the form filling process.
A welcome screen will open showing application status. Click on “Edit Application Form” button.
After clicking on it, you will be redirected to on the following page. Fill all the required details and upload your scanned photograph and signature.
Choose exam centers choices.
Check all the details you have filled. Then Mark the checkbox to accept the declaration and click on Proceed to Payment.
Step 3 – Submit Online Application Fee Payment
Choose any mode of payment to submit the fee from available options such as Card Payment, Net Banking, or Other Payment Modes.
Fill the captcha and Proceed to Payment.
Fill all the required details asked for online payment and Make Payment.
After that you will get a confirmation message “Online Payment made successfully”. You must save the form PDF for further use.
In case of weak internet connection or power failure or any other reason, if you are not sure about your fee payment status kindly login again and look for your payment status.
Check IIT JAM Pattern and start preparing for the exam.
Correction in IIT JAM Application Form 2023
JAM 2023 Portal will be open during Nov 10 – Nov 30, 2022 for add/change Test Paper(s), change of data related to Exam City, Gender, Category or Addition or Change of Test Paper.
Fee for Change in Examination City
The fee for changing preference of the examination cities is Rs. 300/-. Note that payment of the fee does not necessarily guarantee the change of city. The decision of the Organizing Institute, JAM 2023, in this regard will be final.
Additional Fee for Changing Category or Gender
Additional Fee for Addition or Change of Test Paper(s)