IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission 2022 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bhilai invites applications for admission into M.Tech Program for the academic session 2022-23 starting from July 2022.
Check full details for IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission 2022 here.
IIT Bhilai M.Tech Programs
IIT Bhilai offers M.Tech Programs offered in following disciplines –
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electric Vehicle Technology
Thrust Research Area (Not limited to)
|Discipline||Broad Areas of Research|
|Computer Science & Engineering||Systems and Networks: Architecture, Parallel computing, Embedded computing, VLSI, Computer/Wireless networks, Edge computing, Compilers, Distributed systems.|
Theoretical computer science: Algorithms, Formal Verification Methods.
Security: Hardware, Software, Cryptography, Blockchains, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
|Data Science and Artificial Intelligence||AI & Machine Learning: Pattern Recognition, Deep Learning.|
Data analytics: Computer vision, Analysis of multimedia data such as audio, image and video. Analysis of remote sensing data, Multimedia forensics
Social & complex network analysis: Information diffusion, fake news detection, community detection.
|Electrical Engineering||Communications & Systems: Computer/Wireless networks, Intelligent transportation, Embedded systems & ML applications in IoT & Healthcare.|
Devices: Solar cells, PV module, Nanoelectronics.
Circuit Design: VLSI and Microelectronics, Analog/Digital/Mixed signal IC Design, CMOS Image sensors, Photo-sensors, Application Specific ICs (ASICs), System-on-a-chip (SoC), Product level Electronic System Design.
Power: Application of Power electronics to power system, Renewable Energy,Electric Vehicle.
Control & Instrumentation: Remote sensing, Bio-sensors, Digital Control.
Signal Processing: Digital Speech Processing, Image Processing, Video Processing, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), Analysis of remote sensing images/data, Multimedia forensics, Pattern Recognition, Deep Learning.
|Electric Vehicle Technology||Data-driven Control, Battery Modeling, Electric Drives, Motors, Power Electronics based Control for Electric Vehicles (EV) Application, Welding for Battery Packs, Additive Manufacturing for Automotive Components, Numerical Simulation, Battery Thermal Management System (BTMS), EV Management Systems including Battery Management, Hybrid and Electric Vehicles, Battery Protection against Mechanical Abuse, Energy Storage Technologies, Battery Chemistry, Energy and Electrochemistry, Development of Electrode Materials for Battery, Battery Pack Construction.|
|Mechanical Engineering||Solid Mechanics and Design: Computational mechanics, Experimental Mechanics, Damage and Fracture Mechanics.|
Fluid and Thermal Sciences: Microfluidics, Multiphase flow and heat transfer, Droplet and Interfacial Science, Thermal hydraulics of Nuclear reactor, Internal combustion (IC) Engines Alternative fuels and exhaust aftertreatment, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Boiling and Condensation, Thermal Comfort, Building Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy.
Manufacturing and Material Science: Bioinspired microtextured surfaces, Metal cutting, non-conventional machining, metal forming, Advanced PVD coating for cutting tools, Modelling and simulation of manufacturing processes, Additive manufacturing, Micromachining, Surface treatment, Surface texturing, Aluminium, Magnesium and Titanium alloys, Metal matrix composites, High entropy alloys, High-temperature materials, Severe Plastic deformation, Casting, Powder metallurgy, Structure-Property Correlations, Thin-film tribology, Friction stir welding and processing, Surface Engineering.
|Mechatronics||Online condition monitoring in advanced manufacturing processes, Microfabrication, Building mechatronics, and Intelligent buildings, AI-assisted laser-based manufacturing/metal forming, Feedback controlled material testing, Application of machine vision in mechanical testing, Portable devices for manufacturing, Pneumatic actuator systems control using thermally responsive fluids, Digital microfluidics, Maglev microrobotics, Neuromechanics and Assistive Robotics, Consensus control of UAV, Cognitive automation and Machine/Artificial Intelligence, Cooperative and adaptive mechatronics system, Computer vision, Data-driven modeling and control|
IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have ONE of the following in appropriate subject areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST)
- Master’s degree in science or equivalent degree, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST).
- Applicants must also fulfill ONE of the following additional requirements.
- Valid GATE Score.
- CPI/CGPA of 8.0 in BTech, if done from an IIT.
- An on-going degree may also be considered as a qualifying degree provided the applicant completes all graduation requirements before the M.Tech program starts.
Discipline Specific Criteria For M.Tech Admissions
|Computer Science and Engineering||GATE score in CS/ EC/ EE/ MA/ PH.|
|Data Science and Artificial Intelligence||GATE score in any engineering discipline/MA/ST.|
|Electrical Engineering||GATE score in EE/ EC/ IN/ CS/ MA/ PH.|
|Electric Vehicle Technology||GATE score in ME/ EE/ EC/ IN/ AE/ CY/CH/XE/XE-F/XE-C/PI.|
|Mechanical Engineering||GATE score in AE/ CE/ ME/ PI/ PH/ XE.|
|Mechatronics||GATE Score in ME/EE/EC/PI/IN/AE.|
IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Start date for application (online only)||March 18, 2022 (1000 Hrs IST)|
|Last date for submitting online application form including payment of application fee||April 17, 2022 (1700 Hrs IST)|
Online interview Schedule
|Computer Science and Engineering||May 06, 2022|
|Data Science and Artificial Intelligence||May 09, 2022|
|Electrical Engineering||May 06, 2022|
|Electric Vehicle Technology||May 09, 2022|
|Mechanical Engineering||May 06, 2022|
|Mechatronics||May 10, 2022|
IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission 2022 Application Process
- Applicants must have registered in the COAP portal (coap.iitm.ac.in) before filling up the application form in the online admission portal of IIT Bhilai. COAP registration number is mandatory for filling up the application form.
- Candidates can apply online through the IIT Bhilai website https://www.iitbhilai.ac.in/
- After filling the details, an Application Number will be generated. Candidates should note down the Application Number.
|For SC/ST/PwD/female candidates||Rs. 100/-|
|For other candidates||Rs. 200/-|
|Mode of Payment||Online through State Bank Collect only|
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of performance in the GATE examination, academic performance.
- Shortlisted applicants will be called for an ONLINE interview. At the time of interview, the candidates shall have the following documents readily available with them in hardcopy and softcopy, as applicable.
- Photo ID Card,
- Printed copy of the application submitted online,
- Thesis / dissertation / report / publications,
- All Original certificates and mark-sheets.