IIST UG Admission 2021 – Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) invites application for Under Graduate Programmes for the academic year 2021-2022.
Check more details on IIST UG Admission 2021 below here.
Latest: Application for UG Admission 2021 will be available from 6 Oct 2021.
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) is an autonomous academic institution under Department of Space, Govt of India for providing quality human resources to the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and other National Research and Development Organizations and Industries
UG Programs Offered by IIST
- B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering
- B. Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (Avionics)
- Dual Degree (B.Tech in Engineering Physics + Master of Science/ M.Tech in one of the following:
- Master of Science in Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Master of Science in Solid State Physics
- M. Tech in Earth System Science
- M. Tech in Optical Engineering
|Programme||No. of Seats||Duration|
|B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering||70||4 years|
|B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering(Avionics)||70||4 years|
|Dual Degree (B.Tech and Master of Science/ M.Tech)||22||5 years|
Schedule for IIST UG Admission 2021
|Opening of Online Registration and Filling-in of Branch Preferences||October 6, 2021, 10:00 Hr|
|Closing of Online Registration||October 20, 2021, 15:00 Hr|
|Publication of IIST Admission Rank List||October 21, 2021, 17:00 Hr|
|Closing date for Modification of Branch Preferences||October 22, 2021, 17:00 Hr|
|Seat Allotment/ Acceptance rounds||October 23, 2021|
|Joining IIST||November 30 2021|
|Spot Admissions Notification, if required||November 30, 2021|
IIST UG Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Nationality – Applicant should be an Indian citizen.
Age limit – Candidates belonging to General, EWS and OBC-NCL categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1996. Candidates belonging to SC/ ST and PD categories must have born on or after October 1, 1991.
Minimum Marks Requirement in Qualifying Examination –
Keeping in mind the pandemic situation prevailing in the country, IIST UG Admission 2021 has relaxed the admission criterion. In line with the decision taken by the Central Seat Allocation Board and the IITs, candidates are now required to only qualify in one of the examinations listed below. This modification is done for the year 2021 only.
Minimum Qualifications –
Any one of the following will be accepted as the Qualifying Examination:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central/ State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/ Cambridge/ Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- In case the relevant Qualifying Examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.
Minimum Marks Requirement in JEE (Advanced) 2021 Examination
Candidates should have appeared for the Joint Entrance Examination (Main)-2021 conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA), to qualify themselves to appear for the Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced)- 2021 conducted by IITs and secure the minimum prescribed marks as given below:
|General||At least 16% marks in aggregate and at least 4% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)|
|EWS/ OBC-NCL||At least 14.4% marks in aggregate and at least 3.6% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)|
|SC/ ST/ PD||At least 8% marks in aggregate and at least 2% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)|
IIST UG Admission 2021 Application Form
- Candidate can fill online application on the IIST official website.
- Candidates are advised to carefully read the eligibility criteria.
|Male candidates in General/EWS/OBC-NCL||600|
|Female candidates in General/EWS/OBC-NCL||300|
|All SC/ST/PD candidates||300|
How to fill IIST UG Admission 2021 Application Form?
Steps to fill the application form for IIST UG programs –
Step-1 Registration: Visit the online application portal (http://admission.iist.ac.in) and choose the link to Undergraduate Admission 2021. Follow the instructions given and fill in all the details. The successfully registered candidates will be given a system generated IIST Registration Number. Candidates need to specify a password. Complete the form by filling required details.
Step-2- Registration Fee Payment: Registration Fee payment is through e-payment mode ONLY.
IIST Admission Rank List 2021
Category-wise IIST Admission Rank List will be generated ONLY for those eligible candidates who are successfully registered online and have paid the Registration Fee.
- IIST Admission Rank List will be prepared based on the aggregate marks scored in JEE (Advanced) 2021 Examination subject to satisfying the minimum marks.
- Tie between candidates securing the same aggregate marks will be resolved by applying the procedure indicated below one at a time in the descending order
- Higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who has secured higher marks in Mathematics.
- Higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who has secured higher marks in Physics.
- Higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who secured higher rank in JEE (Main)– 2021 Examination, in the respective category.
For more details and to apply online – visit