IIST PG Admissions 2021 – Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) invites application for Post Graduate programmes for the academic year 2021-2022. Check more details on IIST PG Admissions 2021 below here.
Latest: Application for M.Tech and M.Sc Admission 2021 is available now
IIST is an autonomous academic institution under Department of Space, Govt of India for providing quality human resources to the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and other National Research and Development Organizations and Industries
PG Programs Offered by IIST
|MAE01||M.Tech in Thermal and Propulsion|
|MAE02||M.Tech in Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics|
|MAE03||M.Tech in Structures and Design|
|MAV01||M.Tech in RF and Microwave Engineering|
|MAV02||M.Tech in Digital Signal Processing|
|MAV03||M.Tech in VLSI and Microsystems|
|MAV04||M.Tech in Control Systems|
|MAV05||M.Tech in Power Electronics|
Earth and Space Sciences
|MES01||M.Tech in Earth System Science|
|MES02||M.Tech in Geoinformatics|
|MES03||Master of Science in Astronomy and Astrophysics|
|MPH01||M.Tech in Optical Engineering|
|MPH02||M.Tech in Solid State Technology|
|MCH01||M.Tech in Materials Science and Technology|
|MMA01||M.Tech in Machine Learning and Computing|
Schedule for IIST PG Admissions 2021
|Availability of Application Form||May 21, 2021|
|Last date to Submission of Form||June 16, 2021|
|Last date for payment of application fee||June 16, 2021|
|Display of shortlisted candidates for Test/Interview (Tentative)||June 23, 2021|
|Online Interview (Tentative)||June 28 – July 02, 2021|
|Display of Provisionally selected candidates (Tentative)||05 Apr 2021|
|Reporting date at the Institution (Tentative)||July 30, 2021|
|Classes begins for M. Tech/Master of Science (Tentative)||August 02, 2021|
IIST PG Admissions 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Nationality – Applicant should be an Indian citizen.
Age limit: 32 years as on 16.06.2021
Age relaxation is applicable to SC/ST/Persons with disability (PD) category as per Government of India Orders. No age relaxation for OBC and EWS candidates.
Minimum Qualifications –
- B.E./B.Tech./Master of Science or equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA 6.50 out of 10 for General/ EWS & OBC category and minimum of 55% marks or CGPA 6.00 out of 10 for SC/ST&PD category. A valid score in GATE in relevant area as the case may be, as specified above is essential.
- A valid score in GATE in the relevant area as the case may be, as specified in information brochure.
- When CGPA & equivalent percentage are both provided in the mark list/certificate, CGPA alone would be considered for eligibility.
- Applicants can choose a maximum of Five preferences within or across all the departments. The preference once exercised shall be final.
IIST PG Admissions 2021 Application Form
- Candidate can fill online application on the IIST official website.
- The applicants who wish to apply for more than one programme shall exercise their order of preference/option of Post Graduate Programmes, at the time of applying itself.
|Category||For 1 – 3 programmes Amount (INR)||For 4 – 5 programmes Amount (INR)|
|Male candidates in General/EWS/OBC-NCL||600||1200|
|Female candidates in General/EWS/OBC-NCL||300||600|
|All SC/ST/PD candidates||300||300|
How to fill IIST PG Admissions 2021 Application Form?
Steps to fill the application form for IIST M.Tech and M.Sc, programs –
Step-1-Assessing the IIST M.Tech/M.Sc Login: To access it, the candidates will have to access the ‘Profile Registration’.
Step-2-Register for IIST PG Admission: In the ‘Profile Registration’, the candidates will have to submit the following details:
- Personal Detail
- Academic Details
- Score Details (like GATE Score)
- Experience Details
- Photograph and Signature
- Any Other Relevant Information.
After this, check all the details and if required make the necessary changes.
Once the Admission form is submitted successfully, a Registration Number and Password will be allocated to the candidates.
IIST PG Admissions Selection Criteria
For the M.Tech. Programmes offered by Departments of Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics and M.Tech.in RF and Microwave Engineering and VLSI and Microsystems offered by Department of Avionics, candidates will be rank listed based only on the valid GATE score. An admission list would be prepared based on the rank list & available number of vacancies & preference given by the candidate.
The shortlist will be prepared based on GATE score for the other M. Tech./Master of Science programmes offered by Departments of Chemistry, Earth and Space Sciences, Physics and Avionics. The applicants who are shortlisted for M.Tech./Master of Science programmes for above mentioned programmes are required to appear for an Interview.
IIST M.Tech / M.Sc Admission 2021 Shortlisted List for Interview
- List of shortlisted candidates for interview for those programmes will be displayed in the IIST website.
- Shortlisted candidates may download their interview call letter from the website.
- Interview will be conducted through video conference mode.
For more information Download – Information Brochure
Official website : IIST Website