IISER Tirupati Integrated PhD Admission 2022 – Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Tirupati will invites application for admission to Integrated PhD (I-PhD) program in in the disciplines of Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences for the August 2022 session.
Check full details such as eligibility criteria, important date, application process, etc for IISER Tirupati Integrated PhD Admission 2022 below here.
Latest – Application form will be available soon
Overview of the IISER Tirupati I-PhD program
- IISER Tirupati offers Integrated PhD (I-PhD) as a research program with a blend of course work and research.
- On successful completion of the doctoral research project, students are awarded a Master of Science degree and a PhD degree.
- The first three semesters of the program consists of core courses, elective courses and advanced courses specializing in one subject and is combined with project/research work.
- On successful completion of the course work, related project/research work and a comprehensive examination, the student continues with the research leading to a PhD.
Disciplines for Integrated PhD Program
IISER Tirupati Integrated PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Opening date of Online Application||Available Soon|
|Closing date of Online Application||Available Soon|
|Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates for the Interview (Tentative)||Available Soon|
|Interview of Shortlisted Candidates (Tentative)||Available Soon|
|Announcement of Interview Results (Tentative)||Available Soon|
|Registration of PhD Programme (Tentative)||Available Soon|
For more details – Visit
IISER Tirupati Integrated PhD Admission 2021
|Opening date of Online Application||April 23, 2021|
|Closing date of Online Application||May 23, 2021|
|Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates for the Interview||September 5, 2021|
|Interview of Shortlisted Candidates||September 10 – 12, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Announcement of Interview Results||September 13, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Joining in I-PhD Program||September 20, 2021 (Tentative)|
Eligibility Criteria for IISER Tirupati Integrated PhD Admission 2021
|Discipline||Minimum Criteria||Essential Criteria|
|Biology||Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage with all subjects) or CGPA 6.5 on 10-point scale in Bachelor’s in Biological Sciences (All areas) /Ecological Sciences/ Mathematics/ Chemistry /Physics / Medical Sciences / Engineering or any equivalent degree.||JGEEBILS (conducted in 2021) or JAM -2021 (BL – Biological Sciences or BT – Biotechnology)|
|Chemistry||Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage with all subjects) or CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale in B. Sc. (General / B.Sc. majoring in Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics & Biology), Engineering (BE/BTech) or any equivalent degree.||JAM (Chemistry) 2021|
|Mathematics||Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage with all subjects) or a CGPA 6.5 on a10-point scale in B.Sc. or any equivalent degree.||JAM 2021 (MA – Mathematics or MS-Mathematical Statistics) or Valid NBHM MA/MSc Scholarship|
|Physics||Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage with all subjects) or CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale in B.Sc./B. Tech./B.E. or any equivalent degree.||JAM (Physics) 2021 or JEST (Physics) 2021|
General Information to the Applicants
- The candidate MUST have qualified at least ONE of the above-mentioned essential criteria in the relevant discipline.
- The scores/ranks must be valid at least at the time of joining the program.
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST, PWD and KM category, the percentage of marks may be relaxed by 5% or 0.5 in the case of CGPA.
- Candidates in the final year of their qualifying degree are also eligible to apply. However, their final selection is subject to their successful completion of the qualifying degree with the above-mentioned eligibility requirements at the time of admission. A provisional degree certificate is mandatory at the time of admission.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered
Financial assistance will be provided by the institute to the selected candidates.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for an online interview and the final selection will be based on the interview performance.
- The respective departments may use additional criteria (based on academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) in order to shortlist candidates for interviews.
- Applicants can submit their forms online.
- The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form. The deadline for online application is May 23, 2021.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be intimated about the date of interview and the same will be notified in the Institute website. Candidates belonging to SC, ST, PWD, OBC and EWS category will have to submit relevant certificates, if selected.
IISER Tirupati Integrated PhD Admission 2021 Results
List of applicants Shortlisted for Interview for I-PhD Programme August 2021
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I am in my first year of the Master’s degree, am I eligible to apply for the i-PhD program?
Yes, you are eligible.
Can I apply for i-PhD in more than one discipline?
If you meet the eligibility criteria for more than one discipline, you can apply for both the disciplines by filing their respective application forms.
What is the fellowship structure?
Institute will provide fellowship to an I-PhD student during the first two years, after which they will be receive a higher fellowship at par with a regular PhD student, after fulfilling the prescribed criteria.
Will I be paid for my travel expenses for attending the i-PhD written test/interview?
Institute will NOT reimburse for your travel tickets.
Is it possible to leave the program after MS?
There is no exit option after MS.
Will I get an MS degree? If yes, how many years after joining the program?
The MS degree will be provided together with the PhD degree, however it will carry a date same as the date of passing the comprehensive examination, which is usually conducted before registering for a PhD.
How long does it take to complete the degree?
Usually, it takes around six years from the entry year (1st year) to get a PhD degree in this program.
If I am selected in one department, am I allowed to choose research supervisor/mentor from other departments? Is it possible to pursue research with multiple supervisor/mentor?
You may be allowed to pursue research with multiple faculty and faculty from other departments, provided your primary supervisor/mentor is affiliated to your parent department.