IISER Kolkata MS in Space Physics Admission 2022 – Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata invites application for admission to MS by Research Programme in Space Physics in The Center of Excellence in Space Sciences India (CESSI) at IISER Kolkata for the academic session 2022 (Autumn Semester).
Check full details on IISER Kolkata MS in Space Physics Admission 2022 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
About CESSI IISER Kolkata
- CESSI is a multi-institutional Center established at IISER Kolkata by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Its research focus includes solar physics, space weather, gravitational wave astrophysics, computational astrophysics and space- and ground-based instrumentation support and development.
About CESSI IISER Kolkata MS in Space Physics Program
- The Center of Excellence in Space Sciences India (CESSI) at IISER Kolkata invites applications from students with background in Physics and Engineering who are highly motivated to pursue a research career in areas related to space science.
- The Master’s program offered by CESSI focuses on Space Sciences is a unique blend of thematic courses and a research project allowing integration of fundamental knowledge while developing proficiency in astrophysics and space science research.
Duration & Fellowship
|Duration of Master’s Program in Space Physics||2 years (4 semesters)|
|Fellowship||As per Institutional norms|
Eligibility Criteria for IISER Kolkata MS in Space Physics Admission 2022
- Recent Bachelor degree in Engineering or Physics with first class or equivalent grade point average and qualification in either GATE or any other national eligibility test such as JEST.
- Candidates from allied engineering sciences such as Instrumentation, Electronics/ Telecommunication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Science / Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Optical & Optoelectronics Engineering, and Engineering Physics with interest in instrumentation, Control, & Computational modelling related to astrophysical space sciences are strongly encouraged to apply.
- International students may apply as per relevant Govt. of India or Institutional guidelines that may be determined from time-to-time
IISER Kolkata MS in Space Physics Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Application portal opens||20th April 2022|
|Application portal closes||20th May 2022|
|Publication of shortlist for interview||25th May 2022|
|Tentative Interview dates||8th June 2022|
|Publication of interview results||15th June 2022|
|Preregistration portal opens||20th June 2022|
|Pre-Registration deadline||26th July 2022|
IISER Kolkata MS Program in Space Physics Admission 2022 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online https://apply.iiserkol.ac.in/mss/
- Read the instructions carefully before filling application form.
Selection Process for IISER Kolkata MS in Space Physics Admission 2022
- Based on the evaluation of the applications, some candidates will be shortlisted and called for interview
- Recommendation letters may be sought for short-listed candidates
- Final selection is based on the basis of performance in the interview, academic background of the candidate and any other criterion determined by the selection committee
- No candidate may be selected if suitable candidates of sufficient quality are not found.
IISER Kolkata MS in Space Physics Admission 2022 Results
List of Selected Applicants for the Offered Position
|Sl. No.||Application No||Name|
Candidates selected for Interview of MS by research in Space Sciences in CESSI for the year 2022 –
|Sl. No.||Application No||Name||Interview Reporting Date & Time|
|1||271399||Chetan Agrawal||June 8, 2022, 9:30 a.m.|
|2||271542||Sumit Kumar Nayak||June 8, 2022, 9:30 a.m.|
|3||271848||Gopalchetty Brahma||June 8, 2022, 9:30 a.m.|
|4||272040||Vishal Tyagi||June 8, 2022, 9:30 a.m.|
|5||272067||Mahima Agarwal||June 8, 2022, 9:30 a.m.|
|6||273029||Chandradipa Nag||June 8, 2022, 9:30 a.m.|
|7||273533||Priyanshi Mishra||June 8, 2022, 9:30 a.m.|
|8||273780||Chandel Shivam||June 8, 2022, 9:30 a.m.|
|9||273793||Aasiya Sameen||June 8, 2022, 9:30 a.m.|
|10||273804||Nishant||June 8, 2022, 9:30 a.m.|
|11||273869||Bibek Saha||June 8, 2022, 9:30 a.m.|
|12||273976||Anantshree Bhatt||June 8, 2022, 9:30 a.m.|
|13||274226||Tamali Basu||June 8, 2022, 9:30 a.m.|
|14||274252||Tofan Sitha||June 8, 2022, 9:30 a.m.|
|15||274266||Shaheerah Shahid||June 8, 2022, 9:30 a.m.|
|16||274272||Sayantan Patra||June 8, 2022, 9:30 a.m.|
|17||274275||Sourav Karmakar||June 8, 2022, 9:30 a.m.|
|18||274304||Saikat Saha||June 8, 2022, 9:30 a.m.|
IISER Kolkata MS in Space Physics Admission 2020
|Application portal opens||20th April 2020|
|Application portal closes||18th May 2020|
|Publication of shortlist for interview||25th May 2020|