IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admissions 2021 – Indian Institute of Science Education Research (IISER) Kolkata invites applications for Integrated PhD admission for the academic session 2021-22 (Autumn Semester).
Check more details on IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admissions 2021 like application form, eligibility criteria, application procedure etc. below here.
Latest – List of selected candidates declared for various departments (Check Below)
Integrated PhD Program Offered
- Physical Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
This programme comprises of two years of Masters-level coursework followed by four years of dedicated research towards PhD. There is no provision of exiting the program with a Masters degree.
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admissions 2021 Important Dates
|Application portal opens||01 April 2021|
|Application portal closes||14 May 2021|
|Application portal closes (Physical Sciences)||15 June 2021|
|Publication of Shortlist for Interview / Written Screening||17 May 2021|
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Physical Sciences Admissions 2021
Important Note to Integrated PhD Physical Sciences applicants
- In view of the delay with the JEST and the final exams of Bachelor’s degree programs at various places, a short online aptitude test will be conducted on 18 June 2021, Friday for all eligible candidates.
- Also note that the IPhD portal will be closing on June 15th and the interested eligible candidates should apply well within the deadline.
Tentative Dates for Physical Sciences
|Online aptitude test||18 June 2021|
|Physical Sciences Interview (Online)||21-22 June 2021|
|Physical Sciences Publication of interview results||will be announced later|
|Physical Sciences Preregistration portal opens||will be announced later|
|Physical Sciences IPhD Registration||will be announced later|
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Biological Sciences Admissions 2021
Tentative Dates for Biological Sciences
|Biological Sciences Online written screening test||24 May 2021|
|Biological Sciences Publication of screening test result||26 May 2021|
|Biological Sciences Interview (online)||27 and 28 May 2021|
|Biological Sciences Publication of interview results||07 June 2021|
|Biological Sciences Preregistration portal opens||08 June 2021|
|Biological Sciences IPhD Registration||28 July 2021|
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Chemical Sciences Admissions 2021
Tentative Dates for Chemical Sciences
|Chemical Sciences Interview (Online)||20 and 21 May 2021|
|Chemical Sciences Publication of interview results||7 June 2021|
|Chemical Sciences Preregistration portal opens||8 June 2021|
|Chemical Sciences IPhD Registration||28 July 2021|
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Earth Sciences Admissions 2021
Tentative Dates for Earth Sciences
|Earth Sciences Interview (Online)||24 and 25 May 2021|
|Earth Sciences Publication of interview results||07 June 2021|
|Earth Sciences Preregistration portal opens||08 June 2021|
|Earth Sciences IPhD Registration||28 July 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admissions 2021
- Students with a B.Sc./ B.Tech./ B.E./M.B.B.S. or an equivalent degree from any recognized University/Institute/College can apply for the Integrated PhD Programme in Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences and Physical Sciences.
- Final year students can also apply on the condition that they will satisfy the eligibility criteria.
Minimum Qualifying marks
- Candidates need to secure at least 60% marks/equivalent grades in Honours/Major (if applicable), or 60% marks/equivalent grades in Aggregate (if Honours/Major is not applicable).
- Those who are appearing in the final examination of their degree course can also apply; for them, the eligibility marks are 60% based on the marks obtained in the undergraduate examinations held till the date of submission of the application form.
Subject combination at Undergraduate level
Students applying for the Integrated PhD Programme are required to have the following subject(s) in the undergraduate courses
|Integrated-PhD Programme||Major Subjects||Supporting Subjects|
|Biological Sciences||Any branch of Biological Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Medical Sciences||Chemistry at undergraduate level, and Mathematics in plus II or a course in mathematics AND/OR statistics at undergraduate level|
|Chemical Sciences||Chemistry||Physics and Mathematics|
|Earth Sciences||a. Any branch of Earth Sciences/Environmental Science/Environmental Engineering|
b. Students with major in Chemistry may apply if they are interested in research in Environmental Science
c. Students with major in Physics may apply if interested in research in Computational Mineralogy
|Physics/Chemistry and Mathematics|
Who can apply
Applicants who have qualified in the following nationwide aptitude tests in the year 2021 only can apply –
|For Physical Sciences||JAM (Physics)/JEST (Physics)|
|For Biological Sciences||JAM (Biotechnology) / JGEEBILS|
|For Chemical Sciences||JAM (Chemistry)|
|For Earth Sciences||(a) JAM (Geology) OR (b) JAM Chemistry for research in Environmental Science OR (c) JAM Physics for research in Computational Mineralogy|
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admissions 2021 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online on the IISER Kolkata website.
- Take a print as the hard copy of the application.
- Separate applications need to be filled for each department In case a candidate is applying to multiple departments.
- Candidates will be shortlisted after scrutinize all the applications
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
- Email addresses of two teachers will be sought from shortlisted candidates. These must be teachers who have taught courses and would be able to evaluate the student as a potential research worker.
- For students applying to the Department of Biological Sciences, an online written screening test will be conducted and only shortlisted students will be called for the interviews.
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admissions 2021 Results
|Biological Sciences||Click Here||Click Here|
|Chemical Sciences||Click Here||–|
|Earth Sciences||Click Here||Click Here|
|Physical Sciences||To be declared||To be declared|
|Biological Sciences||Click Here|
|Chemical Sciences||Click Here|
|Earth Sciences||Click Here|
|Physical Sciences||Click Here|
For more details and to apply online – visit