IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admissions 2022 – Indian Institute of Science Education Research (IISER) Kolkata invites applications for Integrated PhD admission for the academic session 2022-23 (Autumn Semester).
Check more details on IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admissions 2022 like application form, eligibility criteria, application procedure etc. below here.
Latest – List of selected candidates is available for various departments (Check Below)
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Program
ISER Kolkata invites applications from motivated students for admission to the Integrated PhD Programme for the Autumn 2022.
This programme comprises of two years of Masters-level coursework followed by four years of dedicated research towards PhD. There may not be a provision of exiting the program with a Masters degree.
Integrated PhD Program Offered
- Physical Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
This programme comprises of two years of Masters-level coursework followed by four years of dedicated research towards PhD. There is no provision of exiting the program with a Masters degree.
Eligibility Criteria for IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admissions 2022
- Students with a B.Sc./ B.Tech./ B.E./M.B.B.S. or an equivalent degree from any recognized University/Institute/College can apply for the Integrated PhD Programme in Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences and Physical Sciences.
- Final year students can also apply on the condition that they will satisfy the eligibility criteria.
Minimum Qualifying marks
- Candidates need to secure at least 60% marks/equivalent grades in Honours/Major (if applicable), or 60% marks/equivalent grades in Aggregate (if Honours/Major is not applicable).
- Those who are appearing in the final examination of their degree course can also apply; for them, the eligibility marks are 60% based on the marks obtained in the undergraduate examinations held till the date of submission of the application form.
Subject combination at Undergraduate level
Students applying for the Integrated PhD Programme are required to have the following subject(s) in the undergraduate courses
|Integrated-Ph.D Programme||Major Subjects||Supporting Subjects|
|Biological Sciences||Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Biological Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Medical Sciences/ Physics/Mathematics/Chemistry OR Bachelor’s degree including B.Tech., B.E., B.V.Sc., B. Pharma.||MUST have Biology and Mathematics in 10+2 level. For students who do not have Mathematics in 10+2, they must have a course in mathematics and/or statistics at the undergraduate level.|
|Earth Sciences||Any branch of Earth Sciences||Physics/Chemistry and Mathematics|
Who can apply
Applicants who have qualified in the following nationwide aptitude tests in the year 2022 only can apply –
|For Physical Sciences||JAM (Physics)/JEST (Physics)|
|For Biological Sciences||JAM (Biotechnology) / JGEEBILS|
|For Chemical Sciences||JAM (Chemistry)|
|For Earth Sciences||(a) JAM (Geology) OR (b) JAM Chemistry for research in Environmental Science OR (c) JAM Physics for research in Computational Mineralogy|
- Fellowship of Rs. 10,000 per month will be given in the first two years if a student commits to be in the programme till the completion of PhD degree.
- On successful completion of the first two years’ academic programme and clearing the comprehensive examination for the PhD Programme, the students will be awarded a Junior Research Fellowship and HRA, if applicable.
Exit Policy after Masters degree
The Senate in its recent meeting has decided to abolish the exit option, because the Integrated PhD programme cannot be seen as an avenue of doing a paid master’s degree.
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admissions 2022 Important Dates
|Application portal opens||4th April 2022|
|Application portal closes||13th May 2022|
|Publication of Shortlisted candidates for Interview||17th May 2022|
|Interview||31st May and 3rd June 2022|
|Publication of interview results||9th June 2022|
|Preregistration portal opens||10th June 2022|
|IPhD Registration||28th July 2022|
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admissions 2022 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online on the IISER Kolkata website.
- Take a print as the hard copy of the application.
- Separate applications need to be filled for each department In case a candidate is applying to multiple departments.
Candidates selected for interview should bring a printout of application form along with the required documents listed below (and also the originals) at the time of interview.
The candidates selected for admission may need to upload the soft copies of the documents (to be verified against original at the time of the first physical appearance at the IISER Kolkata; the admission remains provisional until the physical verification).
- Self-attested copies of mark sheets and certificates of all examinations starting from secondary examination.
- Self-attested copy of the qualifying examination certificate.
- Candidates are supposed to provide the details of the referee in the application form. Recommendation Letters for shortlisted candidates will be required to be submitted online in the prescribed format by the teachers. The Prescribed format for the recommendation letter is available (download here) .Teachers of shortlisted candidates will be sent a link using which they will be able to submit their reference letter to the portal.
- Proof of qualification in nationwide aptitude tests.
- Photo identity.
- Proof of age.
- Statement of Purpose mentioning research interest and potential supervisors (if any).
- Candidates will be shortlisted after scrutinize all the applications
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
- Email addresses of two teachers will be sought from shortlisted candidates. These must be teachers who have taught courses and would be able to evaluate the student as a potential research worker.
- For candidates whose final examination marks are not available at the time of interview, admission to the programme will be provisional. Such candidates would have to produce final marksheet to the Academic Office within 60 days of their admission and having secured a minimum of 60% of marks/equivalent grades in Honours/Major (if applicable), or 60% marks/equivalent grades in aggregate (if Honours/Major is not applicable).
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admissions 2022 Results
|Department||Selection List||Wait List|
|Earth Sciences||Click Here||Click Here|
|Biological Sciences||Click Here||Click Here|
|Physical Sciences||Click Here||Click Here|
Shortlisted Interview test Candidates for IPhD Autumn Semester 2022
- Biological Sciences :Click Here
This is NOT a merit list. The list is organized according to the Application Number. The in-person interviews (for DBS) will take place tentatively from June 12 to June 13, 2022. Exact dates for each selected candidate will be announced shortly.
- Earth Sciences :Click Here
- Physical Sciences :Click Here
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admissions 2021
|Application portal opens||01 April 2021|
|Application portal closes||14 May 2021|
|Application portal closes (Physical Sciences)||15 June 2021|
|Publication of Shortlist for Interview / Written Screening||17 May 2021|
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Physical Sciences Admissions 2022
Important Note to Integrated PhD Physical Sciences applicants
- In view of the delay with the JEST and the final exams of Bachelor’s degree programs at various places, a short online aptitude test will be conducted on 18 June 2021, Friday for all eligible candidates.
- Also note that the IPhD portal will be closing on June 15th and the interested eligible candidates should apply well within the deadline.
Tentative Dates for Physical Sciences
|Online aptitude test||18 June 2021|
|Physical Sciences Interview (Online)||21-22 June 2021|
|Physical Sciences Publication of interview results||will be announced later|
|Physical Sciences Preregistration portal opens||will be announced later|
|Physical Sciences IPhD Registration||will be announced later|
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Biological Sciences Admissions 2021
Tentative Dates for Biological Sciences
|Biological Sciences Online written screening test||24 May 2021|
|Biological Sciences Publication of screening test result||26 May 2021|
|Biological Sciences Interview (online)||27 and 28 May 2021|
|Biological Sciences Publication of interview results||07 June 2021|
|Biological Sciences Preregistration portal opens||08 June 2021|
|Biological Sciences IPhD Registration||28 July 2021|
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Chemical Sciences Admissions 2021
Tentative Dates for Chemical Sciences
|Chemical Sciences Interview (Online)||20 and 21 May 2021|
|Chemical Sciences Publication of interview results||7 June 2021|
|Chemical Sciences Preregistration portal opens||8 June 2021|
|Chemical Sciences IPhD Registration||28 July 2021|
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Earth Sciences Admissions 2021
Tentative Dates for Earth Sciences
|Earth Sciences Interview (Online)||24 and 25 May 2021|
|Earth Sciences Publication of interview results||07 June 2021|
|Earth Sciences Preregistration portal opens||08 June 2021|
|Earth Sciences IPhD Registration||28 July 2021|
IISER Kolkata Integrated PhD Admissions 2021 Results
|Biological Sciences||Click Here||Click Here|
|Chemical Sciences||Click Here||–|
|Earth Sciences||Click Here||Click Here|