IISER Admission 2022 – Indian Institutes of Sciences Education and Research (IISER) has invited applications for admission to Dual BS-MS (Five Year Dual Degree) Program of academic year 2022 at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati and 4-year BS in Engineering and Economic Sciences at IISER Bhopal.
All those candidates who are eligible can take admission through channels like KVPY, JEE Advanced of IIT, SCB. Those who will seek admission through SCB channel will have to appear for IAT 2022. IISER Admission Test 2022 has been postponed to Sunday July 3, 2022.
- The application form for IISER Admission 2022 will be available from 25 April 2022.
- IISER Admission Test 2022 has been postponed to Sunday July 3, 2022.
Check full details on IISER Admission 2022 like dates, eligibility criteria, application process, fees, etc.
- To integrate and promote interdisciplinary science education and research the Govt. of India has established IISERs at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati Over the years, IISERs have been successfully attracting talented young minds
- In a short span of time IISERs have generated an incredible amount of intellectual property in the form of publications and patents.
List of IISERs
|1||IISER Kolkata||2006||Kalyani||West Bengal|
|4||IISER Bhopal||2008||Bhopal||Madhya Pradesh|
|6||IISER Tirupati||2015||Tirupati||Andhra Pradesh|
About the BS and BS-MS Dual Degree Programs
- Five year dual degree program for highly motivated science students
- Classroom learning integrated with research providing ample scope for interdisciplinary interactions.
- Curriculum with a focus on both breadth and depth in sciences; engineering sciences and economics
- Opportunity to pursue impactful research
- Fully residential program with well-equipped hostels
- Access to on-campus medical, sports and other recreational facilities
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth & Climate Sciences/Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Economic Sciences
- Engineering Sciences (Chemical Engineering, Data Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science)
- Geological Sciences
- Integrated & Interdisciplinary Sciences (Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Data Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences)
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Four-year BS program in Engineering Sciences and Economics is offered only by IISER Bhopal.
IISER Admission 2022 Important Dates
|IISER Admission 2022 Events||Dates|
|Application portal will open on||25 April 2022|
|Last date to apply||20 May 2022|
|Exam date of IAT 2022 (Postponed)||03 July 2022|
|Result of IAT 2022||to be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for IISER Admission 2022
- Candidate must be an Indian national or PIO or OCI.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent level exam with science stream in 2021 or 2022 from any board recognized by Council of Boards of School Education in India (COBSE) (list of recognised boards)
- Candidates belonging to GEN/OBC and OBC-NCL should have scored minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD should have scored minimum of 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates who are not Indian nationals can apply for admission only through the IIT-JEE (Advanced) channel.
Performance criteria in qualifying examination
- If the results of 10+2 (or equivalent) qualifying exams are not yet declared, such candidates can apply for admission to IISERs. However, their admission will be subject to fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria given above.
- For candidates who had appeared in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination for the first time in 2021 and reappeared in any subject (for whatsoever reason) in 2022, the better of two performances will be considered.
- If a Board gives aggregate marks considering both Class XI and Class XII examinations (in the 10+2 system), then only Class XII marks will be considered. If a Board gives aggregate marks considering the results of all three years of a 3-year diploma or courses of equivalent duration, then only the marks scored in the final year will be considered. Similarly, for boards which follow a semester system, the marks scored in the final two semesters will be considered.
- If a Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade-sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks and submit it before the deadline of the mark-sheet submission. In case such a certificate is not provided by the Board, meeting minimum eligibility criteria will be assessed as follows: If CGPA/CPI is reported on any scale other than 10 (for example, 4 points or 8 points scale), an equivalent CGPA/CPI will be calculated as per the following formula: CGPA/CPI in a 10 point scale = (CGPA/CPI Obtained×10)/PS. Finally, the marks will be linearly scaled out of 500. (Here PS stands for Point scale used by the Board).
- IISERs follow government of India rules regarding reservation for sea allocation in central institute of higher studies
IISER Admission Channels
Candidates who satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria can apply through the following channels for admission:
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
- Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2022-23 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions..
To be eligible for admission via the IIT-JEE (Advanced) channel, candidates (including foreign nationals) must have
- Secured a rank within 15000 in the common rank list (for candidates belonging to GEN/OBC categories) or in the respective category rank lists (for candidates belonging to GEN-EWS/OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PWD categories) of JEE(Advanced).
- Candidates seeking admission through this channel must appear for IISER Aptitude Test (IAT-2022).
- IAT-2022 will be conducted at various centres across the country.
- Students admitted through the KVPY channel will be eligible for scholarships as per KVPY norms.
- Students admitted through IIT-JEE Advanced and SCB channels will be eligible for a limited number of INSPIRE fellowships as per the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, norms.
IISER Admission 2022 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply at www.iiseradmission.in
- After checking the IISER 2022 Eligibility Criteri fill the IISER 2022 Application Form
- They need to fill the form, whether they are planning to go for any of the methods: KVPY Method, JEE Advanced Method or through SCB Method.
- The first step is the registration process for the exam. For this stage, it is required that the students have a valid and working E-Mail Id and phone number. At this stage, they will have to enter the details as asked in the form like name, phone number, E-Mail Id etc and other such details. After it, the students will get the login details so as to fill the rest of the IISER 2022 Application Form.
- In the next step, the candidate has to login to the portal to complete the IISER 2022 Application Form. Different details might be there for all the categories. Candidates have to fill the details correctly
- Also, they will need to upload some documents as well. It should be ensured that the all the details are filled and the documents uploaded and saved simultaneously as well.
- After doing so, they will be redirected to the payment window. Here the student needs to pay the mentioned application fee through the credit/debit/net banking methods
- It should be known that without paying the application fee, the student shall not be allowed to appear for the exam
- Also, they need to take a printout of the application form. It has to be submitted at the time of admission process.
As per the previous year data, the IISER 2022 Application fee can be as follows for different categories:
|General and OBC NC Categories||Rs 2000/-|
|Kashmiri Migrants, physically handicapped candidates, and candidates under SC/ST category||Rs. 1000/-|
|Payment Method||Credit and Debit Card, Net Banking and UPI|
IAT 2022 – IISER Admission Test 2022 Details
An IISER Admission Test is also held for admission into 5 year BS-MS programmes and 4 year BS in Engineering and Economics Sciences (at IISER Bhopal).
In the test, multiple-choice questions are present.
The questions in the test are asked from Biology, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
The test follows the below-given marking scheme:
- Each correct answer will be given 03 marks
- For each incorrect answer, -0.75 marks will be deducted
- Unanswered questions will be given 0 marks
IISER Admission Test Previous Year Question Papers
|Year||English Medium||Hindi Medium|
|2019||Question Paper||Question Paper|
|2017||Question Paper||Question Paper|
|IISER Admission Website||Click Here|
IISER Admission 2021
|Date of the IISER Aptitude test||17 September 2021|
|Date of opening of the application portal for the KVPY stream||01st July 2021|
|Date of closing of the application portal for the KVPY stream||31st August 2021|
|Date of opening of the application portal for the SCB stream||01st July 2021|
|Date of closing of the application portal for the SCB stream||31st August 2021|
|Date of opening of the application portal for the JEE stream||Announced Later|
|Date of closing of the application portal for the JEE stream||Announced Later|