IISc Bangalore BSc Research Admission 2021 – Applications are invited for admission to the four-year Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme by IISc Bangalore. Students will also have the option of getting a Master of Science degree by studying at the Institute for a fifth year when they complete the requirements for the award of the Bachelor of Science (Research) degree.
Check Eligibility, selection criteria and other details for IISc UG Admission here.
Related – IISc PG, PhD & Integrated PhD Admission
Eligibility Criteria for IISc Bangalore BSc Research Admission 2021
- Candidates with 10+2 (or equivalent) examination completed in 2020 and those who are expecting to complete in 2021 are eligible to apply.
- In their qualifying exam (10+2 or equivalent)the candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects.
- Candidates those who have studied Biology, Electronics, Computer Science, Statistics etc. in addition to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are also eligible to apply
- The candidates must have secured a first class or minimum 60% or equivalent in the qualifying examination 10+2 or equivalent grade (relaxed to pass class for SC/ST candidates).
IISc Bangalore BSc Research Admission 2021 Important Dates
|Website opens for on-line submission of applications||22 February 2021|
|Last date for online submission of application||30 April 2021|
|Beginning of classes||20-21 July 2021|
Selection Process for IISc Bangalore BSc Admission 2021
Selection will be based on the merit list of one of the following national examinations –
- KVPY-SA (appeared in 2019 and selected for the Fellowship)
- KVPY-SB (appeared in 2020 and selected for the Fellowship)
- KVPY-SX (appeared in 2020 and selected for the Fellowship)
- KVPY-SA(appeared in 2019)
- KVPY-SX(appeared in 2020)
Appearing in IIT-JEE-Main 2021 and securing a minimum of
Appearing in IIT-JEE-Advanced 2021 and securing a minimum of
Appearing in NEET-UG 2021 and securing a minimum of
Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST
- Fellows selected through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST candidates
Reservation for OBC-NCL/EWS/SC/ST/ Person with disability (PwD) and Kashmiri-Migrant (KM), Kashmiri Pandits/Kashmiri Hindu Families(Non Migrants) living in the Kashmir valley will be as per regulations of Government of India.
Applicant applying under EWS/OBC(as per central list of OBC available at www.ncbc.nic.in) category must ensure that they are in possession of valid EWS/OBC-NCL Certificates issued after 31 March 2021(i.e FY:2021-22) by 15 May 2021
Step 1 – Filling of Online Application Forms
Candidates has to fill online application by accessing the IISc website at www.iisc.ac.in → Admissions → click Apply Online
Step 2 – Payment of the Application Fee
|GN/EWS/OBC/KM candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/ST/PwD candidates||Rs. 250/-|
|Payment option||On-line Payment|
For more information and to apply online – Visit