IIPE PhD Visakhapatnam Admission 2021 – Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy (IIPE) Visakhapatnam (AP) invites applications for PhD admission for the academic session 2021-22.
Check more details such as application process, eligibility criteria, fees and more below here.
PhD Admission Category
- Regular with Institute Assistantship
- Individual Fellowship (CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICAR/INSPIRE etc.)
- PhD through Project
- Sponsored candidates (IAR) in Engineering and Sciences
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Earth Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
IIPE Visakhapatnam PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
|Start of application submission||12 April 2021|
|Last date for application submission||30 May 2021|
|Date of Test & Interviews for shortlisted candidates||01-07 July 2021|
|Declaration of list of selected candidates||15 July 2021|
|Date of Admission||26 July 2021|
IIPE Visakhapatnam PhD Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- M.Tech/ MS / ME /M.Sc.(Engg.,) or equivalent degree with a consistent first-class record OR
- B.Tech./ BE / B.Sc (Engg.) / M.Sc. (Master of Science) or equivalent degree with a consistent first-class record
- Candidates should have minimum 60% or first class (55% for SC/ST) in the qualifying examination in Engineering /Science/ and/or equivalent
Additional Requirements for different Admission category
Regular with Institute Assistantship
- A valid GATE score or NET qualification with Assistant Professorship for the award of Institute Research Assistantship.
- Candidates with a master’s degree in Engineering or Technology after qualifying GATE is also eligible for Institute Research Assistantship.
Individual Fellowship (CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICAR/INSPIRE etc.)
- All candidates applying for Individual Fellowship category must have valid award letter with fellowship issued by the respective funding agency (i.e. CSIR/UGC/ DST/DBT/ICMR etc.).
Ph.D. through Project
- Candidates working in a sponsored project in the Institute shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. program under project category.
- The minimum remaining period of the project as well as tenure of the project employee should be at least 2 years from the date of joining the Ph.D. program.
Sponsored candidates (IAR) in Engineering and Sciences
- Persons who are in service in any of the following establishments with minimum of two-year job experience shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. program as sponsored candidates (IAR).
- Public Sector Undertaking (PSU)
- Petroleum & Natural Gas, Coal, Earth Sciences, Chemical & Fertilizer, Defence or other ministries of the Government of India or any other government organizations
- Established industrial R&D organizations.
- Autonomous bodies and National Laboratories.
- Reputed industries as may be recognized by the Institute
- These candidates must have a Supervisor (internal) from the Institute (IIPE) and an external supervisor from their parent organization where they will be doing the research work.
QIP (Quality Improvement Program) category
Candidates fulfilling under the Quality Improvement Program (QIP) as per State/Central Govt., Human Resources Ministries/ Technical Education Boards are eligible in this category
Persons who are in service in any of the following establishments with Minimum of two-year job experience shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. program as sponsored candidates:
Degrees from IITs/IISc/IIPE/RGIPT
B. Tech degree, Dual Degree (B. Tech & M. Tech), 5 year Integrated MSc degree, 2 year MSc degree (admitted through JAM) holders having final CGPA >= 8.00 from any of the following institutes may be considered for direct admission in Ph.D programme with Institute Research Assistantship.
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc)
- Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE)
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum and Technology (RGIPT)
IIPE Visakhapatnam PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidate can download application form available on IIPE website.
- Candidates who wish to apply to multiple departments or research programmes should send separate application for each departments/ programmes.
- Filled application and self-attested copies of the following documents should be emailed as a single PDF to [email protected]
- Copy of the Mark sheets and Certificates of 10th, 12th, Bachelor degree, Master Degree.
- Copy of the GATE score or CSIR-UGC NET qualified certificate.
- Category certificate.
- EWS certificate issued by competent authority (if applicable).
- PwD certificate (if applicable).
- Sponsorship certificate/ NOC (if applicable).
After application through email, send the hardcopy of filled and signed application form, self-attested photocopies of all relevant certificates to the institute.
Selection and Admission
The Selection for PhD program will be on the basis of
- Overall Academic Performance
- Written/Computer Test or Interview or both
For more details and for application – Visit