IIM Trichy PhD Admission 2023: Dates, Application Form
IIM Trichy PhD Admission 2023 – Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Tiruchirappalli invites application for Doctoral Program in Management (DPM) for the academic year 2023.
Check full details on IIM Trichy PhD Admission 2023 here.
IIM Trichy PhD Areas
|Economics & Public Policy|
|Finance and Accounting|
|Information Systems and Analytics|
|Operations Management and Decision Sciences|
|Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management|
IIM Trichy PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Online application will open on||December 1st, 2022|
|The Last date for submission of Online Application is||January 31st, 2023|
IIM Trichy PhD Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must possess one of the following qualifications after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent to apply for IIMT’s Doctoral Program in Management:
- A Master’s Degree in any discipline securing at least 60 percent marks (or equivalent) or a 2-year post-graduate diploma securing at least 60 percent marks (or equivalent), in addition to a Bachelors’ degree/equivalent with at least 50 percent marks obtained after a minimum of three years of education.
- Five-year / four-year Integrated Master’s Degree Programme in any discipline, with at least 60% marks (or equivalent).
- A professional qualification like CA / ICWA / CS (with atleast 50 percent aggregate marks) alongwith Bachelor’s degree (with atleast 60 percent marks).
- A 4-year / 8-semester Bachelor’s degree with at least 60 percent (or equivalent).
- In addition to the above academic eligibility, minimum 60 percent marks in Secondary (Class X) and Senior Secondary (Class XII) is required.
- Five percent Marks relaxation is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice followed by the respective University/Institution. In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the respective University/ institution. If a University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result by 100.
- The Master’s degree or equivalent qualification/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification should be: (a) from any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956; or (b) recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India or (c) possess an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE.
Test Score Requirements
Have a score of CAT or GMAT or GATE * or GRE or UGC-JRF or IIMB as applicable. Validity of score: Two years from the date of the test and valid as on date of submission of the DPM application. Note that the eligibility tests considered by the respective areas are given in the following table:
|Area||Acceptable Test Scores|
|Business Law||CAT / GMAT / GRE/IIMB Test/ UGC-JRF (Management & Allied Areas)/**CLAT|
|Economics & Public Policy||CAT / GMAT / GRE / IIMB Test / UGC-JRF (Management & Allied Areas)|
|Finance and Accounting||CAT / GMAT / GRE / IIMB Test / UGC-JRF (Management & Allied Areas)|
|Information Systems and Analytics||CAT / GMAT / GRE / IIMB Test / GATE (computer science, information technology & statistics / UGC-JRF (Management & Allied Areas)|
|Marketing||CAT / GMAT / GRE / IIMB Test / UGC-JRF (Management & Allied Areas)|
|Operations Management and Decision Sciences||CAT / GMAT / GRE/ IIMB Test / UGC-JRF (Management & Allied Areas) / GATE* (Mechanical/Production and Industrial/Computer Science)|
|Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management||CAT / GMAT / GRE / IIMB Test / UGC-JRF (Management & Allied Areas)|
|Strategy||CAT / GMAT / GRE / IIMB Test / UGC-JRF (Management & Allied Areas)|
IIM Trichy PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- Candidates are required to fill up the application form available at https://www.iimtrichy.ac.in/
- Submission of the application form Candidates interested in pursuing the Doctoral Programme in Management at IIM Tiruchirappalli (IIMT) begin their application process by submitting their application form and all associated submissions (academic record documents, certificates, qualifying examination scores, application fees etc.).If applying to more than one area, the application fee needs to be paid separately for each area.
- Application fee : Rs. 1000/-
- No fee for SC / ST / PwD candidates
- A separate fee of Rs. 1000/- is applicable for all candidates if they choose to report IIMB Test scores for the admission process.
- Mode of Payment: Online through NEFT/UPI
The selection process at IIM Trichy is multi-staged. All stages of this process are equally important for a potential candidate seeking admission into the program.
- Stage 1: Submission of the application form Candidates interested in pursuing the Doctoral Programme in Management at IIM Tiruchirappalli (IIMT), begin their application process by submitting their application form and all associated submissions (academic record documents, certificates, qualifying examination scores, application fees etc.).
- Stage 2 : Research Aptitude Examination and Area Interview This stage of the admission process requires the candidates to participate in one or both of the following processes, as:
- Research Aptitude Examination: This will be a written examination, that is conducted by some of the areas. This examination is conducted to test the candidates research aptitude in a particular area of specialization. Thus, the content of the examination is very specific to the area. It may range from an examination of the candidates’ quantitative aptitude to their ability to understand and analyze/ synthesize research papers.
- Area Interview: All candidates shortlisted in Stage 1, will be required to attend the personal interview with members of/ experts in their chosen area of specialization.
- Stage 3 : Interview with the Fellow Program Committee- This is the final stage of the admission process. It will be held on the day after Stage 2. All candidates shortlisted after stage 2 across all areas will have a personal interview with the Doctoral Program Committee.
Candidates who clear this stage of the process will be sent an offer of admission to the Doctoral Program at IIM Tiruchirappalli.
Students receive handsome financial support during the program in order to help them meet their personal expenses, regular research related expenses, their requirements of hardware and software to facilitate research work and expenses related to various forms of travel like field-work, conferences, trainings and workshops.
- A full tuition fee and hostel expenses waiver.
- Fellowship to meet regular expenses: monthly stipend of Rs.30,000 till passing their Comprehensive Qualifying Exams (CQE). After clearing the CQE, the monthly stipend will be revised to Rs.36,000 till the end of their fourth year in the programme. The monthly stipend support can be extended for six months for a maximum of two times thereafter with the concurrence of the DAC and the DPR Committee. If extended two times, stipend will be paid till May of the student’s fifth year.
- Start-up Grant: A start-up grant of Rs.50,000 (for purchase of computer hardware and software) is available when students join the programme.
- Conference Grant: The institute will support up to Rs.200,000/- per student during the stay as full-time students for attending national and international conferences.
- Contingency Grant: A contingency grant of Rs.30,000/- per year is allowed on a reimbursement basis for purchase of hardware, software, books, databases, data collection expenses, conference expenses and any other items directly related to the programme for a maximum of 4 years.
- Field-work Grant: Students undertaking field research will be eligible for the Field Research Grant up to a maximum limit of Rs.50,000/-.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|IIM Trichy Website||Click Here|
|Latest PhD Admissions||PhD Admissions|
|Admissions in Tamil Nadu||Admissions in Tamil Nadu|