IIM Kozhikode PhD Admission 2023 – Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Kozhikode invites applications for PhD Programme in Management for the academic year 2023.
Check full details on IIM Kozhikode PhD Admission 2023 below here.
IIM Kozhikode PhD Programs
- Finance, Accounting & Control
- Information Systems
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Behaviour & Human Resources
- Quantitative Methods & Operations Management
- Strategic Management
IIM Kozhikode PhD Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- One of the following qualifications is required as basic eligibility:
- Master’s Degree or Post Graduate Diploma (2-year) with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Professional qualifications of CA, ICWA and CS with Bachelor’s Degree with at least 60% marks or equivalent in Bachelor’s Degree. (additional minimum 3 years relevant experience is required for applying to Marketing Management Area)
- B Tech/4 year Degree with 6.5 CGPA or equivalent
- Those appearing for the final exams can also apply; however, their final selection will be subject to successful completion of the requirement by June 30, 2023. Their admission will be provisional till they produce the required certificates of qualification before December 2023.
Except for those opting for IIMB Test, a candidate applying for Doctoral Programme of IIMK should have a valid test score not older than three years as on the closing date of submission in any of the following tests depending on the area of specialization:
|Area of Specialization||Tests|
|Economics||CAT*, GMAT, GRE, UGC-NET (Economics)**, IIMB Test|
|Finance, Accounting and Control||CAT*, GMAT, GRE, UGC JRF (in Management, Economics and Commerce only), GATE and IIMB Test|
|Humanities and Liberal Arts in Management||CAT*, GMAT, GRE, IIMB Test, GATE and UGC-NET (preferably in but not restricted to English/ Linguistics/Law/Political Science/Psychology/ Public Administration/Social Work/Sociology/ Comparative Literature)|
|Information Systems||CAT*, GATE, GMAT, GRE and IIMB Test|
|Marketing Management||CAT*, UGC JRF, GMAT, GRE|
|Organizational Behaviour & Human Resources||CAT*, GMAT, GRE, UGC JRF and IIMB Test|
|Quantitative Methods & Operations Management***||CAT*, GMAT, GRE, UGC / CSIR JRF, GATE and IIMB Test|
|Strategic Management||CAT*, GMAT, GRE, UGC JRF, GATE and IIMB Test|
* CAT score is valid for one year and only valid CAT score will be accepted.
** The candidates with UGC-NET and applying for the Economics area need to go through a written test by IIMK which will be conducted along with the interview.
*** Candidates applying for the QMOM area must have Mathematics/Statistics/Operations Research as a course in the undergraduate/post graduate or the qualifying degree.
- IIMB Test is one of the valid test being considered for admission to PhD programme at IIMK. IIMB Test 2022 shall be conducted (ONLINE) twice this year (2022).
- The first round of test will be conducted on Sunday, October 16, 2022 and the second round of test will be conducted on Sunday, December 18, 2022.
- The test will be conducted in one session each on both the days.
Information on appearing for IIMB test:
- A. Applicants can indicate the test round in the PhD online application before submission. Please refer to the notified admission process on our website.
- B. Applicants can choose to appear on any one of these two dates. If any applicant appears for the IIMB Test twice [refer point (d) below], the latest test score will be considered for further processing.
- C. If the applicant opts for First round test scheduled on October 16, 2022 and if for any reason was unable to attend the test, shall seek approval of IIMB to appear for the next round with a valid reason, for consideration by IIMB. The decision of IIMB shall be final. If permitted by IIMB, the applicant can appear for the Second Round test scheduled on December 18, 2022 by paying the test fee of Rs.1000/- using the link on our website.
- D. If any applicant has already appeared for the First round test on October 16, 2022 but would like to reappear for the next round of test again, can appear for the Second Round test scheduled on December 18, 2022 by paying the test fee of Rs.1000/- using the link on our website. [refer point (b) above]
- E. Please note that Application Fee & Test Fees paid is Non-Refundable.
- F. The test score evaluated will be used for internal processing of the application and as a practice no score card shall be issued for the IIMB Test.
Applicants opting to take IIMB Test should choose this option in the application. IIMB Test (ONLINE) will be conducted by IIM Bangalore twice this year for 2023.
The minimum cut-off for the admission year 2023 for CAT, GMAT, GRE, GATE and IIMB Test is overall 60th percentile or equivalent. Reservation policy will be applicable to this cut-off for the aforementioned examinations as per the following except for UGC-NET and UGC-JRF (UGC already has cut-off based on reservation category).
Candidates holding PGDM (full-time 2-year program)/ MBA Degree from any of the IIMs or holding an Executive PGDM/MBA Degree from IIM Kozhikode, with an overall CGPA of 2.67/4.33 or equivalent to ‘B-’ grade, are exempted from taking qualifying tests as mentioned above.
IIM Kozhikode PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Online application opens||September 10, 2022|
|Last date for submission of Online Application||January 15, 2023|
For IIMB Test
|Last date for Applying to IIMB Test||October 10, 2022 (for IIMB Test on October 16, 2022)|
December 12, 2022 (for IIMB Test on Dec 18, 2022)
|IIMB Test [Online]||Slot -1: October 16, 2022|
Slot -2: December 18, 2022
IIM Kozhikode PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online only through the official website https://www.iimk.ac.in/
- They can apply to a maximum of two areas of specialization.
- An application fee of Rs.1000/- is required (Rs. 2000/- in case you are opting for IIMB Test), which has to be remitted online through the link provided with the application form.
- Scanned copies of all academic mark-sheets, qualifying examination score card and category certificates are to be uploaded along with the online application form.
- Candidates will be short listed on the recommendation of respective areas based on their academic performance, Qualifying examination scores and Research Proposal. Such candidates will be invited for a Personal Interview in online platform.
The candidate should submit a research proposal not exceeding 2000 words and must include a title, keywords, motivation of the research, description of the research problem and the questions, a preliminary review of relevant literature, possible research approaches, and references
|Application Form||Click Here|
|IIM Kozhikode Website||Click Here|
|Latest PhD Admissions||PhD Admissions|
IIM Kozhikode PhD Admission 2022
IIM Kozhikode PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Online application opens||06 December 2021|
|Last date for submission of Online Application||25 January 2022|