IIM Bangalore PhD Admission 2023 – Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore invites applications for PhD admission offered in various specializations for session 2023.
Check full details on IIM Bangalore PhD Admission 2023 below here.
IIM Bangalore PhD Program
- The doctoral programme of the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) leading to a PhD is recognized as a rigorous research programme in various areas of business management and public policy.
- The doctoral programme is committed to training individuals to excel in their chosen areas of research and produce publication-quality work of international standards.
Areas of Specializations
- Decision Sciences
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Systems
- Organizational Behaviour & Human Resource Management
- Production & Operations Management
- Public Policy
Duration of the Programme
- Students are expected to complete the doctoral programme within 5 years of registering for the programme.
IIM Bangalore PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Application Window (with GMAT/GRE/GATE/JRF(NET)/CAT2022)||August 31, 2022 to December 12, 2022 (5:00 p.m. IST)|
|Application window(with IIMB Test)||August 31, 2022 to October 10, 2022 (for IIMB Test on Oct 16, 2022)|
August 31, 2022 to December 12, 2022 (for IIMB Test on Dec 18, 2022)
|IIMB Test [Online]||Slot -1: October 16, 2022|
Slot -2: December 18, 2022
|Area Tests (as decided by Areas)||January 30, 31, 2023|
|Interviews||February 1, 2, 3 & 4, 2023|
|Offers||February 3rd week|
|Offer acceptance – Last date||March 1st week|
|Programme Registration||June 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for IIM Bangalore PhD Admission 2023
- A Master’s Degree (obtained after completing bachelor’s degree) or a 5 year Integrated Master’s Degree (obtained after completing higher secondary schooling in 10+2 pattern) in any discipline (OR) Post Graduate Diploma (2 years) with at least 55 percent marks in the bachelor’s as well in the master’s degrees/PG Diploma (50 percent marks for SC, ST and PwD categories). OR
- Professional qualification – CA, ICWA, CS (with at least 50 percent marks) with B.com / Degree (45 percent marks for SC, ST and PwD categories). OR
- A 4 year / 8 semesters Bachelor’s degree with at least 6.5 CGPA or equivalent marks (6.0 CGPA for SC, ST and PwD categories).
IIM Bangalore PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- The application form for admission to Doctoral Programme 2023, will be available at online at IIM Bangalore Website.
- Candidates can apply to a maximum of two areas of specialization.
|GMAT / GRE / CAT / GATE / JRF (NET)||Rs.1000||Rs.1500|
|Application fee plus IIMB Test Fee||Rs.2000||Rs.2500|
Acceptable Test Scores
Candidates require a valid test score, from any one of the acceptable tests to the area(s) of specialization they are applying to, as shown in the following:
|Area of Specialization:||Acceptable Test Scores|
|Decision Sciences||GMAT/GRE/CAT 2022/GATE/ JRF (NET)/ IIMB Test|
|Entrepreneurship||GMAT/ GRE/ CAT 2022/ GATE/ IIMB Test|
|Finance & Accounting||GMAT/ GRE/ CAT 2022/ GATE|
|Information Systems||GMAT / GRE / CAT 2022/ GATE/ IIMB Test / JRF(NET)|
|Marketing||GMAT/ GRE/ CAT 2022/ GATE/ IIMB Test|
|Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management||GMAT/ GRE/ CAT 2022/ GATE/ JRF (NET)/ IIMB Test|
|Production & Operations Management||GMAT/ GRE/ CAT 2022/ GATE/ IIMB Test|
|Public Policy||GMAT/ GRE/ CAT 2022/ GATE/ JRF (NET)/ IIMB Test|
|Strategy||GMAT/ GRE/ CAT 2022/ IIMB Test|
Except for those opting for IIMB Test, all other candidates should mandatorily provide the test score, which should be valid as on December 12, 2022, while submitting the application.
- Applicants opting for GMAT or GRE should upload a copy of their official GMAT scores along with the application. Applicants who have not received the official score card, should upload the TEST TAKER COPY along with the application, but submit the OFFICIAL SCORE CARD before the interviews.
- Applicants opting for Common Admission Test (CAT 2022) should provide their CAT 2022 registration number in the online application. The CAT 2022 scores made available to IIMB will be used in the assessment of the application.
- Applicants opting for GATE or JRF (NET) score should upload their valid SCORE CARD along with the application.
- Applicants opting to take the IIMB Test should choose this option in the application. IIMB Test will be conducted ONLINE by IIMB twice, i.e on October 16, 2022 and December 18, If any applicant is appearing twice, the best of the two scores (IIMB Test) will be considered for further processing. Please refer to website for more information on IIMB Test.
- Based on the information provided by the applicants, candidates will be shortlisted (on the recommendation of the respective areas) and invited for an area specific written test and / or interview.
- The mode of conducting the Area specific written test and Interview i.e either Online / In-person will be notified/intimated well ahead of the process.
- Interviews are expected to be held during the first week of February 2023 (tentatively).
- Candidates will be admitted to the programme based on a combination of multiple parameters, as also specified by the respective areas. Parameters may include applicant’s performance in GMAT, GRE, CAT, GATE, JRF (NET) score, or IIMB Test (as applicable), past academic performance, work experience, area specific test and / or interview performance etc.
- Candidates selected for admission are required to attend a Preparatory Course which is expected to be scheduled from late May through mid-June 2023 (tentative).
- Financial support comprises mainly a tuition fee waiver and stipend (fellowship) of Rs 35,000 per month.
- As part of the fellowship support, the student is expected to provide service as a Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant during various stages of their programme.
- In addition, students are also provided hostel accommodation or subsidy payments (Rs 15,000 to 20,000 per month) to support accommodation outside campus.
- Doctoral students are also eligible for start-up (Rs 75,000 in year 1) and contingency grants (Rs 25,000 per year in Years 2 to 5) that could be used for books, stationery, computers, and other resources to support their doctoral programme work.
- The institute supports students with travel grants to encourage good/high-quality research in the Doctoral Programme and enable doctoral students to gain exposure and the opportunity to present their work in reputed national and international research conferences in their respective areas.
- Currently, students can avail of funding to the extent of INR 2,85,000 towards such travel during their course of study in the programme. Doctoral students also receive incentives for successfully achieving various programme milestones.
- Several students also receive additional external scholarships specially made available for doctoral students.
- All financial support is available for a period of five years from the date of registration in the doctoral programme and ceases in the month of June at the end of the fifth year of the programme.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|IIM Bangalore Website||Click Here|
|Latest PhD Admissions||PhD Admissions|
|Admissions in Karnataka||Admissions in Karnataka|
IIM Bangalore PhD Admission 2022
|Application Window Opens||October 21, 2021|
|Application Window Closes||January 19, 2022 (5:00 p.m. IST)|
|IIMB Test||February 06, 2022 (Sunday)|
(Test centres – Bangalore, Kozhikode & Kashipur)
|Area Tests (as decided by Areas)||April 04 & 05, 2022|
|Interviews||April 11 – 16, 2022|
|Offers||April 3rd week|
|Offer acceptance – Last date||May 1st week|
|Programme Registration||June 2ndweek|
IIM Bangalore PhD Admission 2021
|Last Date for Reference Submission||18th January 2021|