IIIT Una PhD Admission 2023 – Indian Institute of Information Technology Una (IIIT Una), Himachal Pradesh invites application for PhD Admission (full-time/part-time) starting from the even semester of A.Y. 2022-23, (January) under Non-Stipendiary category.
Check full details on IIIT Una PhD Admission 2023 here.
IIIT Una PhD Programs
|School of Computing||Full time-07 and Part time-07|
|School of Electronics||Full time-05 and Part time-05|
IIIT Una PhD Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Full Time PhD
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record or a Master’s degree by Research in Engineering/Technology in relevant discipline with good and consistent academic record. or
- B. Tech. / B.E. degree of any recognized University/Institute in India with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10.0 point scale or equivalent with valid GATE score in addition to exceptional academic record and within top three ranks of the University/Institute. GATE may be exempted for a candidate with bachelor’s degree from Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI)/ Government Funded Technical Institute (GFTI) with minimum CGPA of 8.0 and exceptional academic record.
Full Time-External Registration Program (FT-ERP)
- Candidates sponsored by and employed in Organisation/Institution (both public and private), national laboratories, reputed universities/colleges having Research and development (R&D) facilities and recognized by DST, UGC or IIIT, Una is eligible under this category.
- In addition to the eligibility criteria given under full-time PhD, the following is also applicable in this category:
- National level examinations such as GATE etc. is not mandatory for admission. However, the institute may conduct its own entrance test.
- The candidate should have completed full time employment of 2 years of service as on the last date for application (of the year of admission into the program) for session of admission.
Part Time PhD
In addition to the eligibility criteria given under full-time PhD, the following are applicable in this category:
- The candidate should have a minimum experience of two years’ after M.Tech. or equivalent as on the last date for application for the session of admission.
- The candidate is required to submit a NOC from the employer clearly stating the following:
- The candidate is permitted to pursue studies on a part-time basis
- The candidate’s official duties permit to devote sufficient time for research.
- Facilities for research in the candidate’s field of research in the area in which admission is sought are available at the candidate’s place of work.
- The candidate will be fully relieved from duty and permitted to reside at the institute for the minimum residential requirement of the program.
- The availability of a Co-guide in the same organization to supervise the candidate’s research work/progress.
- If the candidate after joining PhD program changes the organization, the candidate should get NOC from the new employer as well and fulfil all the conditions for admission to Part-time PhD program.
IIIT Una PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Release of advt. on website||30 November 2022|
|Last date for receipt of Applications through Google form||31 December 2022|
|Scrutiny of applications and shortlisting of candidates for interview||01 January 2023|
|Date of Written Test and Interview||07 January 2023|
|Result Declaration||08 January 2023|
|Fee payment window||09 to 16 January 2023|
|Registration for PhD||16 January 2023|
|Commencement of Classes||17 January 2023|
IIIT Una PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- The interested candidates may register their candidature by Submitting the online application with scanned copies of certificates, through the following Google link given in notification.
- Read notification carefully before filling application form.
- Selection will be based on written test and interview.
- Written exam will be of 50 marks (30 MCQ of 1 mark each and 10 problem solving questions of 2 mark each).
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.