IIIT Sri City PhD Admission 2023 Spring – Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Sri City Chittoor invites applications for PhD admission for Spring session 2023.
Check full details on IIIT Sri City PhD Admission 2023 Spring below here.
IIIT Sri City PhD Programs
Available Research Areas
Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
Agent based modeling & simulations, Algorithms, Authentication and Access Control, Cognitive modelling – relational patterns, Computational Geometry, Computer Architecture, Computer networks, Cryptography and Network Security, Cyber Physical Systems, Data Analytics, Design Automation of Electronic Systems, Distributed Algorithms, EEG Data Analysis, Embedded Systems, System architecture, Healthcare informatics, High performance computing, Human Computer Interaction, Image Processing and Computer Vision, Intelligent Control, Machine/Deep Learning, , Multi-objective optimization, Natural Language Processing, Security and Blockchain, Self Organizing and Self-Assembly Systems, Soft Computing, Spatial/Spatio Temporal/Multivariate Statistical modeling, Statistical and machine learning models for Environmental Applications, Text Data Mining / Information Retrieval, VR/AR, Web/Information/Cloud/IoT/SDN Security, Wireless Sensor Systems, Human Robot Interaction, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, Advanced
Cryptography, AI driven intrusion Detection System, Bioinformatics and
Computational Biology with Deep Learning, Bio-Medical Image/Data Analysis using Artificial Intelligence.
Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
Adaptive Driver Assistance System, Applications of Pattern Recognition, Biomedical Signal Processing, Cyber Physical Systems, Deep learning, Electromagnetic scattering, Energy harvesting, MEMS and VLSI Technology, Microfabrication, Microfluidics and micropumps, Passive components, Propagation modeling, Protocols for IoT, Sensor Technology, Speaker recognition, Speech/voice activity detection, Statistical Signal Processing, Vehicular Communication, Wireless Networks, Quadrotor Control, Renewable Energy, Performance analysis of nano scale molecular communication system with different channel conditions, Interfacing of Tera hertz communication with in body communications for health care applications, 5G-OFDM Communication Systems, MIMO Communication system.
Mathematics and Data Science
Number Theory, Graph theory, Statistics
IIIT Sri City PhD Admission 2023 Spring Important Dates
|Last Date for online Application||09 Jan 2023|
|Last Date for Submission of Hard Copy||16 Jan 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for IIIT Sri City PhD Admission 2023 Spring
For PhD in CSE
- Master’s degree (M.E./M.Tech) in CSE related specializations with Bachelor’s degree (B.E./B.Tech) in CSE or related branches with a minimum of 60% (or above) aggregate marks (CGPA ≥ 6.5/10) in UG and PG for admission under OC/OC-EWS/OBC-NCL category and 55% (or above) aggregate marks (CGPA of ≥ 6.0/10) for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Direct PhD admission: Exceptional Candidates having B.E / B.Tech in CSE or related branches from Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTI) with CGPA of 9.0 or above and demonstrated research potential by means of research papers, IPs and similar research outcomes may also be considered.
For PhD in ECE
- Master’s degree (M.E./M.Tech) in ECE related specializations and Bachelor’s (B.E./B.Tech) degree in ECE or related branches with a minimum of 60% (or above) aggregate marks (CGPA ≥ 6.5/10) in UG and PG for admission under OC/OC-EWS/OBC-NCL category and 55% (or above) aggregate marks (CGPA of ≥ 6.0/10) for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Direct PhD admission: Exceptional Candidates having B.E / B.Tech in ECE or related branches from CFTI with CGPA of 9.0 or above and demonstrated research potential by means of research papers, IPs and similar research outcomes may also be considered.
For PhD in Mathematics and Data Science
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Mathematics/Statistics or equivalent discipline with a minimum of 60% (or above) aggregate marks (CGPA ≥ 6.5/10) in UG and PG for admission under GEN/GEN-EWS/OBC-NCL category and 55% (or above) aggregate marks (CGPA of ≥ 6.0/10) for SC/ST/PwD candidates with a valid score in GATE or CSIR/UGC NET(JRF)/NBHM/INSPIRE
IIIT Sri City PhD Admission 2023 Spring Application Process
- Candidates may submit the detailed application using the Google Form: https://forms.gle/pveyNNYMeQMHPZHj6
|Payment Mode||Payment through State Bank Collect portal only|
IIIT Sri City PhD Admission Selection Process
- Candidates recommended by the Ph.D. Admissions Committee will be called to appear for a written test.
- The candidates shortlisted based on the written test performance need to appear for a personal interview before the Ph.D. Admissions Interview panel.
Syllabus for Written Test
Computer Science and Engineering
- Discrete Mathematics: Propositional and First-order Logic. Sets, Relations, Functions, Partial Orders, and Lattices, Groups, Graphs: Connectivity, Matching, Coloring Combinatorics: Counting, Recurrence Relations, Generating Functions.
- Probability: Random Variables. Uniform, Normal, Exponential, Poisson, and Binomial Distributions. Mean, Median, Mode, and Standard Deviation. Conditional Probability and Bayes Theorem.
- Computer Programming: Programming in C, Scope of Variables, Loops, Functions, Structures, Pointers, Dynamic Memory Allocation, File Management.
- Data Structures: Stacks, Queues, Linked Lists, Trees, Binary Search Trees, Binary Heaps, Graphs.
- Algorithms: Searching, Sorting, Hashing. Asymptotic Worst-case Time and Space Complexity, Algorithm Design Techniques: Greedy, Dynamic Programming, and Divide‐and‐Conquer. Graph Search, Minimum Spanning Trees, Shortest Paths.
- Operating System: Processes, Threads, Interprocess Communication, Concurrency, and Synchronization, Deadlock, CPU Scheduling, Memory Management, and Virtual Memory, File Systems.
- Computer Networks: Concept of Layering, LAN Technologies (Ethernet), Switching, TCP/UDP and Sockets, Congestion Control, Application Layer, Network Security: Authentication, Basics of Public Key and Private Key Cryptography, Digital Signatures and Certificates
Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Basic electronics: Circuit laws, theorems (superposition, thevenin and norton, max power), passive elements, transients (RL and RC circuits) and op-amps and applications, filters active and passive). Diode characteristics, half-wave and full-wave rectifier. Transistors, and amplifiers.
- Electromagnetics: Maxwell’s equation, boundary conditions, time-varying fields, wave propagation in different media, transmission line basics, terminated transmission line and the special cases, antenna characteristics, FRIIS transmission equation and radar range equation.
- Digital logic design: Combinational logic: Logic circuits of Code Converters such as Binary to Gray Code Converter, BCD converter etc., K-maps, multiplexers, decoders, PROMs and PLAs Sequential circuits: Latches and flip-flops, counters and shift-registers Data converters: sample and hold circuits, ADCs and DACs; Memories.
- Signal Processing: Classification of signals and systems, basic deterministic signals, Linear systems and convolution, frequency domain representation of continuous and discrete signals, sampling theory, z-transform, circular convolution, discrete Fourier transform, Fast Fourier Transform, Digital filter design and implementation.
- Analog and Digital Communication: Basics of Analog and Digital modulation, Basics of Cellular, Interference, Noise, Channel, Wireless channel fading, Shannon Capacity.
- Embedded Systems: Basic Definitions, Embedded – C concepts, Python Programing, Real-Time Operating systems, microcontroller and its submodules. Additional topics: Knowledge on hardware boards like Arduino and Raspberry Pi, sensors and actuators.
Mathematics and Data Science
- Groups, subgroups, normal subgroups, quotient groups, homomorphisms, cyclic groups, permutation groups, Cayley’s theorem, class equations, Sylow theorems. Rings, ideals, prime and maximal ideals, quotient rings, unique factorization domain, principal ideal domain, Euclidean domain. Polynomial rings and irreducibility criteria. Fields, finite fields, field extensions.
- Linear Algebra
- Vector spaces, subspaces, linear dependence, basis, dimension, algebra of linear transformations. Algebra of matrices, rank and determinant of matrices, linear equations. Eigenvalues and eigenvectors, Cayley-Hamilton theorem. Matrix representation of linear transformations. Change of basis, canonical forms, diagonal forms, triangular forms, Jordan forms. Inner product spaces, orthonormal basis. Quadratic forms, reduction and classification of quadratic forms.
- Real Analysis
- Elementary set theory, countable and uncountable sets, Real number system as a complete ordered field, Archimedean property, supremum, infimum. Sequences and series, convergence, limsup, liminf. Bolzano Weierstrass theorem, Heine Borel theorem. Continuity, uniform continuity, differentiability, mean value theorem. Sequences and series of functions, uniform convergence. Riemann sums and Riemann integral.
- Complex Analysis
- Analytic functions, Cauchy-Riemann equations. Contour integral, Cauchy’s theorem, Cauchy’s integral formula, Liouville’s theorem, Maximum modulus principle, Schwarz lemma, Open mapping theorem. Taylor series, Laurent series, calculus of residues.
- Ordinary differential equations
- Existence and uniqueness of solutions of initial value problems for first order ordinary differential equations, singular solutions of first order ODEs, system of first order ODEs. Systems of first order differential equations, equations with regular singular points, stability of linear systems.
- Random Variables. Uniform, Normal, Exponential, Poisson, and Binomial Distributions. Mean, Median, Mode, and Standard Deviation. Conditional Probability and Bayes Theorem.
|Information Sheet||Click Here|
|Link to apply online||Click Here|
|Ph.D. Application Form||Click Here|
|Ph.D. Admissions (Part-Time) – Spring 2023||Click Here|
|IIIT Sri City Website||Click Here|
IIIT Sri City PhD Admission 2022 Monsoon
|Last Date for online Application||18 July 2022|
|Last Date for Submission of Hard Copy||25 July 2022|
IIIT Sri City PhD Admission 2022 Spring
|Last Date of On Application||31 Jan 2022|
|Last Date for Submission of Hard Copy||04 Feb 2022|
IIIT Sri City PhD Admission 2021 Monsoon
|Last Date of Submission of Application Form||12 July 2021|
|Last Date for Submission of Hard Copy of the Application Form||17 July 2021|