IIIT Sri City PhD Admission 2022 – Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Sri City Chittoor invites applications for PhD admission for Spring 2022.
Check full details on IIIT Sri City PhD Admission 2022 below here.
PhD Areas of Research
Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
Agent based modeling & simulations, Algorithms, Authentication and Access Control, Cognitive modelling – relational patterns, Computational Geometry, Computer Architecture, Computer networks, Cryptography and Network Security, Cyber Physical Systems, Data Analytics, Design Automation of Electronic Systems, Distributed Algorithms, EEG Data Analysis, Embedded Systems, System architecture, Healthcare informatics, High performance computing, Human Computer Interaction, Image Processing and Computer Vision, Intelligent Control, Machine/Deep Learning, , Multi-objective optimization, Natural Language Processing, Security and Blockchain, Self Organizing and Self-Assembly Systems, Soft Computing, Spatial/Spatio Temporal/Multivariate Statistical modeling, Statistical and machine learning models for Environmental Applications, Text Data Mining / Information Retrieval, VR/AR, Web/Information/Cloud/IoT/SDN Security.
Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
Adaptive Driver Assistance System, Applications of Pattern Recognition, Biomedical Signal Processing, Cyber Physical Systems, Deep learning, Electromagnetic scattering, Energy harvesting, MEMS and VLSI Technology, Microfabrication, Microfluidics and micropumps, Passive components, Propagation modeling, Protocols for IoT, Sensor Technology, Speaker recognition, Speech/voice activity detection, Statistical Signal Processing, Vehicular Communication, Wireless Networks.
IIIT Sri City PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Last Date of On Application||31 Jan 2022|
|Last Date for Submission of Hard Copy||04 Feb 2022|
Eligibility Criteria for IIIT Sri City PhD Admission 2022
For PhD in CSE
- Master’s degree (M.E./M.Tech) in CSE related specializations with Bachelor’s degree (B.E./B.Tech) in CSE or related branches with a minimum of 60% (or above) aggregate marks (CGPA ≥ 6.5/10) in UG and PG for admission under OC/OC-EWS/OBC-NCL category and 55% (or above) aggregate marks (CGPA of ≥ 6.0/10) for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Direct PhD admission: Exceptional Candidates having B.E / B.Tech in CSE or related branches from Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTI) with CGPA of 9.0 or above and demonstrated research potential by means of research papers, IPs and similar research outcomes may also be considered.
For PhD in ECE
- Master’s degree (M.E./M.Tech) in ECE related specializations and Bachelor’s (B.E./B.Tech) degree in ECE or related branches with a minimum of 60% (or above) aggregate marks (CGPA ≥ 6.5/10) in UG and PG for admission under OC/OC-EWS/OBC-NCL category and 55% (or above) aggregate marks (CGPA of ≥ 6.0/10) for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Direct PhD admission: Exceptional Candidates having B.E / B.Tech in ECE or related branches from CFTI with CGPA of 9.0 or above and demonstrated research potential by means of research papers, IPs and similar research outcomes may also be considered.
IIIT Sri City PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
- Candidates may submit the detailed application using the Google Form: https://forms.gle/bz2HzP3fuCjTwSzs6
|Payment Mode||Payment through State Bank Collect portal only|
- Candidates recommended by the Ph.D. Admissions Committee will be called to appear for a written test.
- The candidates shortlisted based on the written test performance need to appear for a personal interview before the Ph.D. Admissions Interview panel.
Syllabus for Written Test
Computer Science and Engineering
Discrete Mathematics: Propositional and First-order Logic. Sets, Relations, Functions, Partial Orders, and Lattices, Groups, Graphs: Connectivity, Matching, Coloring Combinatorics: Counting, Recurrence Relations, Generating Functions.
Probability: Random Variables. Uniform, Normal, Exponential, Poisson, and Binomial Distributions. Mean, Median, Mode, and Standard Deviation. Conditional Probability and Bayes Theorem.
Computer Programming: Programming in C, Scope of Variables, Loops, Functions, Structures, Pointers, Dynamic Memory Allocation, File Management.
Data Structures: Stacks, Queues, Linked Lists, Trees, Binary Search Trees, Binary Heaps, Graphs.
Algorithms: Searching, Sorting, Hashing. Asymptotic Worst-case Time and Space Complexity, Algorithm Design Techniques: Greedy, Dynamic Programming, and Divide‐and‐Conquer. Graph Search, Minimum Spanning Trees, Shortest Paths.
Operating System: Processes, Threads, Interprocess Communication, Concurrency, and Synchronization, Deadlock, CPU Scheduling, Memory Management, and Virtual Memory, File Systems.
Computer Networks: Concept of Layering, LAN Technologies (Ethernet), Switching, TCP/UDP and Sockets, Congestion Control, Application Layer, Network Security: Authentication, Basics of Public Key and Private Key Cryptography, Digital Signatures and Certificates
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Basic electronics: Circuit laws, theorems (superposition, thevenin and norton, max power), passive elements, transients (RL and RC circuits) and op-amps and applications, filters active and passive). Diode characteristics, half-wave and full-wave rectifier. Transistors, and amplifiers.
Electromagnetics: Maxwell’s equation, boundary conditions, time-varying fields, wave propagation in different media, transmission line basics, terminated transmission line and the special cases, antenna characteristics, FRIIS transmission equation and radar range equation.
Digital logic design: Combinational logic: Logic circuits of Code Converters such as Binary to Gray Code Converter, BCD converter etc., K-maps, multiplexers, decoders, PROMs and PLAs Sequential circuits: Latches and flip-flops, counters and shift-registers Data converters: sample and hold circuits, ADCs and DACs; Memories.
Signal Processing: Classification of signals and systems, basic deterministic signals, Linear systems and convolution, frequency domain representation of continuous and discrete signals, sampling theory, z-transform, circular convolution, discrete Fourier transform, Fast Fourier Transform, Digital filter design and implementation.
Analog and Digital Communication: Basics of Analog and Digital modulation, Basics of Cellular, Interference, Noise, Channel, Wireless channel fading, Shannon Capacity.
Embedded Systems: Basic Definitions, Embedded – C concepts, Python Programing, Real-Time Operating systems, microcontroller and its submodules. Additional topics: Knowledge on hardware boards like Arduino and Raspberry Pi, sensors and actuators.
For more details and to apply online – visit
IIIT Sri City PhD Admission 2021
|Last Date of Submission of Application Form||12 July 2021|
|Last Date for Submission of Hard Copy of the Application Form||17 July 2021|