IIIT Raichur PhD Admission 2023 – Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Raichur, Karnataka invites applications for PhD admission for the academic session 2023-24.
Check full details on IIIT Raichur PhD Admission 2023 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
IIIT Raichur PhD Programs
PhD Admissions Category
The students admitted to the Ph.D. program shall be classified under any one of the following categories:
- Regular full-time with institute fellowshipIn this category, a candidate works full-time for his or her Ph.D. degree. The candidates admitted in this category are eligible for institute fellowship.
- Regular full-time with Fellowship from a recognized funding agencyIn this category, a candidate works full-time for his or her Ph.D. degree. Candidates who have qualified for JRF from various funding agencies such as UGC/CSIR/INSPIRE/NBHM/DBT/ICMR/MeitY/NBHM / or any other recognized funding agency. The candidate would not receive any fellowships from the institute.
- Regular full-time with Sponsorship from Govt./Semi-Govt./IndustryIn this category, a candidate works full-time for his or her Ph.D. degree. Candidates must be regular employees of the sponsoring body. During submission of the application form, the candidate must attach a sponsorship letter, endorsement letter, and NOC. The candidate would not receive any fellowships from the institute.
- Regular full-time with Financial Support from Sponsored Projects:In this category, the candidates are eligible for financial assistance from the sponsored research project under sponsored research office regulations. On the completion of project funding, the institute fellowship may be considered with the recommendation from the DC members.
- Direct: In this category, the candidate works full-time for his or her Ph.D. degree. The candidates admitted in this category are eligible for institute fellowship.
- Part-time/Working Professional: In this category, the scholar works part-time for his or her Ph.D. degree. The candidate must be an employee of academic institutes, industries, R&D labs, etc. During submission of the application form, the candidate must attach the NOC. The candidate would not receive any fellowships from the institute.
Institute-funded candidates are eligible for hostel accommodation, other categories of candidates’ hostel accommodation is depending upon the availability of rooms.
The programme will be offered in
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Mathematics (only a regular PhD)
- Computer Science and Engg.:
- Applied Computer Science (AI, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, IoT, Data Science, etc.).
- Theoretical Computer Science (Algorithms)
- Next-Generation Communication, Autonomous Vehicles, Computer Vision, Drone Communication, Internet of Things, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Edge/Fog Computing
- Mathematics and Computing:
- Geometry of Banach Spaces, Linear Operators, Number Theory, Fractional Differential Equations, Controllability, Stability Theory
- Complex Network Dynamics with AI, Spectral Graph Theory, Complex Systems, and Network Analysis
Note that the research topics are not limited to the above-mentioned thrust areas and can be decided based on the mutual interest of the guide and the Ph.D. scholar.
Eligibility Criteria for IIIT Raichur PhD Admission 2023
For admission to the Ph.D. Programme, a candidate must satisfy one of the following criteria:
- A candidate having a Master’s degree in Computer science and Engineering / Information Technology / Mathematics/ Statistics / Computer Science/Computer Applications / Electronics and Communication Engineering / EEE or any other equivalent area can apply if they meet the following eligibility criteria:
|General/OBC (Creamy Layer)||* BTech/BE/BS/MSc/MCA: 7.0 CGPA or above and* MTech/ME/MS in CSE/IT/ECE/EE/Relevant areas: 7.0 CGPA or above on a 10 point scale or 70% of marks|
|OBC non-creamy layer Category||* BTech/BE/BS/MSc/MCA: 6.5 CGPA or above and* MTech/ME/MS in CSE/IT/ECE/EE/Relevant areas: 6.5 CGPA or above|
|SC, ST Category||* BTech/BE/BS/MSc/MCA: 6.0 CGPA or above and* MTech/ME/MS in CSE/IT/ECE/EE/Relevant areas: 6.0 CGPA or above|
Students qualified NET/NBH/GATE or any other equivalent National examination with CGPA=6 and above are eligible to apply.
Four-year Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering / Information Technology / Electronics and communication engineering / Electronics and electrical Engg / Mathematics or equivalent in a relevant area can apply if they meet the following eligibility criteria:
|General/OBC (Creamy Layer)||* BTech/BE/BS: 7.5 CGPA or above with valid GATE score|
|OBC non-creamy layer Category||* BTech/BE/BS: 7.0 CGPA or above with valid GATE score|
|SC, ST Category||* BTech/BE/BS: 6.5 CGPA or above with valid GATE score|
Students having a degree from CFTIs with a CGPA of 8.0 and above are eligible without a valid GATE score.
Direct (IIITR) PhD
A student of IIIT Raichur who is continuing his/her B.Tech-MS studies and having a minimum CGPA of 8.0 at the end of the sixth semester may be enrolled in the Ph.D. program of the institute at the beginning of his/her seventh semester of study. Such students can receive B.Tech-MS and Ph.D. Degrees. The degrees will be awarded after completion of the Ph.D. degree.
|General/OBC (Creamy Layer)||* BTech/BE/BS/MSc/MCA: 7.0 CGPA or above and* MTech/ME/MS in CSE/IT/ECE/EE: 7.0 CGPA or above|
|OBC non-creamy layer Category||* BTech/BE/BS/MSc/MCA: 6.5 CGPA or above and* MTech/ME/MS in CSE/IT/ECE/EE: 6.5 CGPA or above|
|SC, ST Category||* BTech/BE/BS/MSc/MCA: 6.0 CGPA or above and* MTech/ME/MS in CSE/IT/ECE/EE: 6.0 CGPA or above|
AND at least one of the following- They must have at least 2 years of work experience in the field of CSE/IT/ECE/EE. Any experience before the completion of an undergraduate degree will not be considered.
Percentage/CGPA not on the scale of 10 to CGPA Conversion Rule
As for the percentage to CGPA conversion (or) Candidate’s University grading is not on the scale of 10, the following rule applies.
- If a candidate’s university has provided a CGPA corresponding to the percentage on the transcript, or if his/her university prescribes some formula for conversion, then that will apply. This formula should be mentioned clearly on the University website and/or candidate’s transcript. Otherwise, the following formula will apply CGPA = percentage/10.
- If the CGPA of the candidate is not on a scale of 10 but on a scale of K (e.g., 4 or 8), then: CGPA = CGPA on a Scale of K*10 / (K). Here, CGPA on a Scale of K is the candidate’s CGPA on the scale of K. For CGPA, rounding-off will not be done. For example, if a candidate’s CGPA is 7.98 and the eligibility CGPA criterion is 8.00, then, the candidate will not be considered eligible.
Regular Ph.D. students are eligible to receive financial assistance through various avenues.
- Institute Fellowships: As per the Institute norms, fellowships provide a monthly stipend of ₹31,000 for the first two years (at JRF level) and ₹35,000 for the three years (at SRF level).
- Sponsored Project Fellowship: In this category, the candidates are eligible for financial assistance from the sponsored research project as per the project regulations.
- PM Fellowships: PM fellowships are very prestigious fellowships that pay double the amount as compared to the above-mentioned fellowships. These fellowships are quite competitive and require an industry partner, where the student will be working on research problems that are of mutual interest to a faculty member and the industry partner.
- Industry fellowships: Companies such as Intel, Infosys, TCS, and Google often provide fellowships for regular Ph.D. students. Getting such fellowships also adds a plus point to your CV. These fellowship amounts vary but usually provide similar monthly stipends as other mentioned fellowships.
IIIT Raichur PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Availability of Application Form||May 2023|
|Last date of submission of application form (Extended)||15th June 2023 (5 PM)|
IIIT Raichur PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- Application form will be available on the IIIT Raichur website.
- Use the common application form (Google form) for both Computer Science and Engg and Mathematics and Computing.
|Mode of Payment||SBI Collect|
- The admission process typically consists of one or multiple rounds of Screening Tests and Interviews depending on the number of shortlisted candidates.
- The list of candidates who are selected after the final interview will be announced on the institute website approximately within two weeks of the interview date.
- Selected candidates will also be intimidated by email.