IIIT Pune PhD Admissions July 2022 – Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Pune invites applications for PhD admission for July 2022 session.
Check more details on IIIT Pune PhD Admissions July 2022 below here.
Latest – The last date for receiving applications is extended till 23.05.2022
The Institute encourages research in interdisciplinary areas through a system of joint supervision and interdepartmental group activities. Research activities in IIIT Pune are available in following academic departments –
- Centre of Robotics and Security in IoT Space
- Centre of Indian Languages and Computational Intelligence
- Centre of VLSI and Nanotechnology
- Centre for Biomedical Engineering & Bio-informatics
Important Dates for IIIT Pune PhD Admissions July 2022
|Application Starts||29 April 2022|
|Last date for application (Extended)||23 May 2022|
Eligibility Criteria for IIIT Pune PhD Admissions July 2022
Computer Science and Engineering
- B. Tech. / B.E. in CSE/ IT or relevant area/ MCA (with valid GATE score) with a CGPA of at least 6.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent) or 65 %. OR M.Tech. /M.E. in CSE/ IT or relevant area with a CGPA of at least 6 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent) or 60 %.
Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B. Tech./ B.E. (with valid GATE score) in ECE/ EE or relevant area with a CGPA of at least 6.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent) or 60 %. OR M.Tech. / M.E. in ECE/ EE or relevant area with a CGPA of at least 6 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent) or 60 %.
Humanities, Social Sciences & Management
- M.A. English/ M.Phil in English Literature, Linguistics and allied areas of Social Sciences with a CGPA of at least 6.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent) or 60 %.
Applied Mathematics & Data Science
- A master’s degree in the Mathematics/Statistics OR bachelors in engineering OR Mathematics (4-year programme) with a minimum of 55 percent marks/ CPI of 5.5/10
A relaxation of 5% or 0.5 GPA on a scale of 10 shall be given to SC/ST/PwD applicants.
- Applicants who have qualified UGC/CSIR NET- JRF exam or have obtained INSPIRE PhD fellowship can apply for the programme. The institute does not provide any assistantship or fellowship to such a student; however, they receive their fellowship from their supporting organizations (UGC/ CSIR/ DRDO/ AICTE) etc.
- Self-sponsored candidates are also eligible to apply for the programme. Candidates who are employed in institute or working on various Projects undertaken by the institute can also apply to Ph.D. Programme.
- Additionally, the candidate’s sponsor from Industry/ Academic Institute/ Research organization etc. satisfy any one of the following criteria –
- M.E./ M.Tech in CSE, ECE or allied areas with minimum 1 year of documented working experience
- B.E./ B.Tech in CSE, ECE or allied areas, or MCA with minimum 3 years of documented working experience
- Selection for PhD Admissions will be on the basis of written and/or interview
- The academic units may put additional academic performance-based shortlisting criterion depending on the number of applications received and considering the constraints of time and other resources for conducting written test and/or interview.
- For attending the written test and/or interview No TA/DA will be paid.
Syllabus for the Written Test
The question paper for written test shall be based on GATE/ NTA NET Syllabus for respective categories as follows (including but not limited to) –
For Electronics and Communication Engineering Branch
- Engineering Mathematics
- Signals and Systems
- Electronic Devices
- Analog Circuits
- Digital Circuits
- Control Systems
For Computer Science and Engineering and IT Branch
- Engineering Mathematics
- Digital Logic
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Programming and Data Structures
- Algorithms Theory of Computation
- Compiler Design
- Operating System
- Computer Networks
- Software Engineering
For Humanities and Social Sciences
- British Literature
- American Literature
- European Literature
- Postcolonial Literature
- Indian Writing in English
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Theory
- Literary Terms and Devices
- Literary Movements
- Language and Pedagogy
- Cultural Studies and Research Methodology
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Verbal Ability
For Applied Mathematics & Data Science
- Linear algebra
- Real analysis & Complex analysis
- Differential equations :ODE & PDE
- Discrete mathematics
- Probability theory
IIIT Pune PhD Admission July 2022 Application Process
- Application Form & Information Brochure are available on IIIT Pune website.
- Read the Information brochure carefully before filling the application form.
- Submit the scanned copy of completely filled application form along with latest passport size photograph, self- attested copies of the certificates of date of birth, educational qualifications, experience, caste certificate, applicable fee etc. in a single pdf file to [email protected]
IIIT Pune PhD Admissions Jan 2022
|Application Starts||Oct 28, 2021|
|Last date for application (Extended)||Jan 20, 2022|
IIIT Pune PhD Admission 2021
|Application Starts||May 05, 2021|
|Last date for application||June 06, 2021|