IIIT Kottayam PhD Admission Jan 2023 – Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Kottayam invites application for PhD admission starting in Jan 2023.
Check full details on IIIT Kottayam PhD Admission Jan 2023 below here.
Categories for PhD Admission
- Scholarship Holders (Full-Time)
- A candidate who is having INSPIRE/CSIR/UGC can apply for full-time PhD programme.
- Such candidate receives assistantship or fellowship from concerned funding agencies.
- The Institute does not provide any financial assistantship/ fellowship to such candidates. Sponsorship letter must be attached with the application
- Sponsored (Full-Time)
- A candidate in this category is sponsored by a recognized R&D organization, academic institution, government organization or industry or QIP candidates for doing research in the Institute on a full-time basis.
- The candidate must be a regular employee of the sponsoring organization with at least one year of professional experience in the respective field.
- The Institute does not provide any financial assistantship/ fellowship to such a student. Sponsorship letter must be attached with the application.
- Self-financed (Full-Time)
- A candidate in this category works full-time towards the PhD Programme.
- The Institute does not provide any financial assistantship/ fellowship to such a student except teaching assistantship to a limited number, on a case to case/need basis.
- External Registrant
- A candidate of this category working in Industries/ Institutes/ research Organisations can register as an External registrant and can pursue a Ph.D. Programme at IIIT Kottayam while continuing the duties of his/her service at the parent organization.
- The Institute does not provide any financial assistantship/fellowship to such a candidate.
- No Objection Certificate in the prescribed format must be attached with the application.
- An external registrant scholar is required to spend a one-semester residential program preferably in the I year, during the course work.
- Other academic regulations are the same as those applicable to regular students.
Available PhD Program
The areas in which these programmes will be offered are:
|Computer Science and Engineering||Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Data Science, Multilayer Networks, Network & Information Security, Climate Networks, Software Defined networking, Internet of Things, Security in IoT, Edge Computing, Resource management in Cloud, Fog/Edge, AIOps, Scheduling in Smart grid, Electric vehicles, Computational Linguistics, Bioinformatics, Natural Language Intelligence, Data Semantics, Cloud Computing, Fog Computing, Quantum Computing and Technologies, Artificial Intelligence, Big data analytics, Energy-efficiency in large scale data processing environment, Fog Computing, Emerging Databases, Graph Algorithms, Data Analytics, Computational Science for Social Good, Interpretable Machine Learning, Social Network Analysis, Computer Vision and Image Processing, Swarm Intelligence, Nature inspired optimization algorithms, Information Security, Cyber Security and Blockchain, Hybrid Cryptography, Industry 4.0 and Cyber security, Software defined firewall security, Smart city security, Smart Home Security, Network & Information Security, Supply chain analysis/optimization and impact on Stock prices (Financial Modelling), Hardware security, cryptography, FPGA design, machine learning in cyber security, Computer vision and Image Processing, Natural Language Processing, Healthcare Analytics (Big data analytics),Data Privacy, Edge Intelligence, Information Management, Resource Management in moder and future computing paradigms, Community detection, Social Network, Graph Representation Learning, Parallel and distributed algorithms for graph data, Soft Computing and Machine learning, Data Security and Privacy, Wireless Networks, Applied Cryptography, Access Control Mechanism, Privacy preserving Techniques.|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering:||VLSI and FPGA based system design, Computer Vision and Image Processing, Natural Language Processing and Recommender Systems, Machine Learning, Image Processing.|
|Computational Mathematics||Statistical or Stochastic Learning and Optimization, Mathematics for Data Science, Financial Modelling, Swarm Intelligence, Nature inspired optimization algorithms.|
IIIT Kottayam PhD Admission Jan 2023 Important Dates
|Last Date for Applications (Extended)||30 Nov 2022|
|Date of Written Test/ Interview||04-07 Dec 2022|
|Classes Begin||04 Jan 2023|
IIIT Kottayam PhD Admission Jan 2023 Eligibility Criteria
For Computer Science and Engineering
Master’s degree in Computer Engineering/Information Technology/ Computer Applications/ ECE or equivalent area with minimum CGPA of either 6.5 in a 10-point scale or 60% of marks in appropriate branches.
Four-year Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Information Technology/ Electronics and Communication Engineering from any IIT’s, NIT’s, IIIT’s / Other Institutions of National Importance with a minimum CGPA of either 7.5 in a 10-point scale or 70% of marks. Such students will be awarded both MS and PhD degree on completion of PhD Programme without any exit option during the programme.
For Electronics and Communication Engineering
Master’s degree in ECE/ EEE or equivalent area with minimum CGPA of either 6.5 in a 10-point scale or 60% of marks in appropriate branches.
Four-year Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering/Electrical Engineering from any IIT’s, NIT’s, IIIT’s / Other Institutions of National Importance with a minimum CGPA of either 7.5 in a 10-point scale or 70% of marks. Such students will be awarded both MS and PhD degree on completion of PhD Programme without any exit option during the programme.
For Computational Mathematics
2 years M.Sc. / Integrated M.Sc. in Mathematics/ Mathematics and Computing/ Applied Mathematics/Statistics or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination
IIIT Kottayam PhD Admission Jan 2023 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online on the official website of IIIT Kottayam.
- Read instructions provided there carefully while filling application form.
|Mode of Payment||through State Bank Collect|
- Selection for PhD Admission will be on the basis of written test and/or Interview.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on the eligibility criteria and called for the section process (Written test and/or Interview)
IIIT Kottayam PhD Admission Jan 2023 Results
List of selected candidates will be available shortly.
Credentials as well as time slots for the Interview (Online) will be communicated individually to the registered email ids prior to the interview date.
|Detailed Advertisement||Click here|
|Fee payment Instructions||Click here|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|IIIT Kottayam Website||visit|
|Latest PhD Admissions||PhD Admissions|
|Admissions in Kerala||Admissions in Kerala|
IIIT Kottayam PhD Admission Aug 2022
|Last Date for Applications (Extended)||22th June 2022|
|Date of Written Test/ Interview||1st ,2nd,3rd and 4th July 2022|
|Classes Begin||1st August 2022|
IIIT Kottayam PhD Admission Jan 2022
|Last Date for Applications||01 December 2021|
|Date of Written Test/ Interview||15-17 December 2021|
|Classes Begin||02 January 2022|
Available PhD Program
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computational Mathematics
IIIT Kottayam PhD Admission Aug 2021
|Last Date for Applications||15 May 2021|
|Date of Written Test/ Interview||27 & 28 June 2021|
|Classes Begin||03 August 2021|
Available PhD Program
Computer Science & Engineering
- Cloud Computing
- Social Network Analysis
- Sentimental Analysis
- Graph Theory and Algorithms
- Image Processing
- Data Security
- Blockchain Technology,
- Lightweight Cryptography(IoT)
- Smart Home Security
- Bio-Inspired Optimization
- Network Science
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Data Science
- Data Mining
- Big Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Parallel Computing etc.
- Fractional Partial Differential Equation
- Analytical Methods