IIIT Bhagalpur PhD Admissions 2022 – Indian Institute of information technology Bhagalpur, Bihar invites application for PhD admission Autumn Semester 2022-23.
Check more details on IIIT Bhagalpur PhD Admissions 2022 below here.
Available Research Areas
Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Computer Architecture
- Data Science and AI
- Computer Networks and Wireless communications
- Fault tolerance systems
- IoT and Sensors
Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Communication Systems
- Signal Processing, Biomedical Engineering
- VLSI & Microelectronics, Devices, Circuits
- RF & Microwave Engineering
- IoT & Sensors
Mechatronics Engineering (MEA)
- Machine Design
- Electric Vehicle Technology
- Word Combinatorics, String Algorithms, Graph algorithms
- Mathematical Modelling in ecology, epidemiology & biology
PhD Admissions Categories
- Full Time Research Scholars
- External Funding
- Project Staff
- Project Staff
IIIT Bhagalpur PhD Admissions 2022 Important Dates
|Advertisement on the Institute website||13 June 2022|
|Last date for receipt of application forms (extended)||11 July 2022|
|Intimation regarding interview call (extended)||13 July 2022|
|Date of written test/interview||16 & 17 July 2022|
|Date of announcement of results||25 July 2022|
|Last date of fee submission||10 August 2022|
|Registration||16 August 2022|
|Beginning of course work||17 August 2022|
Eligibility Criteria for IIIT Bhagalpur PhD Admissions 2022
For PhD in Engineering
Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology in a relevant area with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.0 or 60% of marks or first class.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Medical Sciences in a relevant area with a minimum CGPA of 7.5 and/or 75% of marks with qualified GATE score.
Bachelor’s degree from an IITs/NITs/IIITs or any Institute of repute in a relevant area with a minimum CGPA of 7.0 and/or 70% of marks.
A student of IIIT Bhagalpur who is continuing his/her B.Tech. studies and having a minimum CGPA of 8.0 at the end of sixth semester may be enrolled in the PhD programme of the Department in the beginning of his/her seventh semester of study. However, he/she has to complete the seventh and eighth semester of the B.Tech programme. Such students can receive dual B.Tech and PhD Degree.
A regular student of IIIT Bhagalpur who is continuing his/her M.Tech studies and having a minimum CGPA of 8.0 at the end of second semester may be enrolled into the PhD programme of the Department in the beginning of his/her third semester of study. Such students can receive dual M.Tech and PhD Degree.
An M.Tech. degree holder of IIIT Bhagalpur, with a minimum CGPA of 8.0, up to a period of 02 (two) years from his/her completing the programme, may be considered for direct admission into the PhD programme of the Institute, in the same Department.
In exceptional cases an NRI applicant with B.Tech degree or equivalent in respective discipline with excellent academic record (with a minimum CGPA of 7.0 and/or 70% marks) may be considered eligible for admission.
For PhD in Mathematics
- Master’s degree in Mathematics or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 and/or 60% of marks or first class or equivalent. There will be no Institute stipend, however candidates with valid CSIR-JRF, UGC-JRF, NBHM, INSPIRE or any other equivalent Funding recognized by MHRD are eligible for award of fellowship from the concerned organization in relevant field.
IIIT Bhagalpur PhD Admissions 2022 Application Process
- Application for admission is to be done through online portal which will remain available on the IIIT Bhagalpur website www.iiitbh.ac.in
- Take a print of your application, fee receipt and other supporting documents and keep the same to produce at the time of written test and/or interview.
- The submitted online application form along with supporting documents in a single PDF should be sent to the Email id – [email protected]
|Application fee||Rs. 1,000/-|
|Mode of Payment||Through SBI Collect portal|
- The selection procedure for admission to PhD Programme is based on a consistently good academic record, written test and interview conducted by the Institute.
- 50% tuition fee waiver will be offered to full time Self-financed Indian Research Scholars only having qualified GATE score.
IIIT Bhagalpur PhD Admissions 2021
|Advertisement on the Institute website||02 June 2021|
|Last date for receipt of application forms||05 July 2021|
|Intimation regarding interview call||09 July 2021|
|Date of written test/interview||15 & 16 July 2021|
|Date of announcement of results||20 July 2021|
|Last date of fee submission||02 August 2021|
|Registration||02 August 2021|
|Beginning of course work||03 August 2021|