IGNOU B.Ed. Admission 2023 – The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) invites application for Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) program through entrance exam.
Check full details on IGNOU B.Ed. Admission 2023 here.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University was established by an Act of Parliament in 1985 (Accredited with A++ by NAAC) to achieve the following objectives:
- democratizing higher education by taking it to the doorsteps of the learners,
- providing access to high quality education to all those who seek it irrespective of age, region, religion, and gender,
- offering need-based academic programmes by giving professional and vocational orientation to the courses, and
- Promoting and developing open distance learning in India.
About IGNOU B.Ed. Program
The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) programme of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has been designed with the aim to develop an understanding of teaching-learning process at upper primary/ secondary and senior-secondary level among student teachers.
It focuses on enabling student- teachers to reflect critically on perspectives of education and integrate holistically the theory and practices to facilitate active engagement of learners for knowledge creation.
- The minimum duration of the programme is two years. However, the maximum period allowed for completing the programme is five years.
- There is no provision of re-admission or extension in maximum duration in BEd. programme.
Medium of Instruction
- The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) programme is offered in English and Hindi medium only
- Programme Fee is Rs. 55,000/- for the entire programme.
- Candidates seeking admission to the B.Ed. programme are advised not to pay the programme fee alongwith the online entrance form. They will get a separate communication about their admission and payment of fee.
IGNOU B.Ed. Admission Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates with at least fifty percent marks either in the bachelor’s degree and/or in the master’s degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanities. Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, and
- The following categories are eligible to be students of B.Ed. (ODL):
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
- Candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode.
- The reservation and relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility will be provided to SC/ST/OBC (Non creamy layer)/PWD candidates as per the rules of the Central Government. EWS reservation as per the rules of Central Government.
- Reservation to Kashmiri Migrants and war widow candidates will be provided as per the University Rules.
- Masters’ Degree awarded without a first degree is not accepted for purpose of Academic Studies in IGNOU.
- Only those candidates whose results are declared and qualified at the time of submitting the entrance form are eligible. The applications would not be considered even though they appeared qualify in the entrance test if they are not fulfilling minimum eligibility at the time of submitting the application form for entrance test.
- The candidates are also advised to carefully read the instructions given under prospectus in particular about the Educational Qualifications awarded by the Private and other Universities on the matters related territorial jurisdiction, duration of degree etc. and other rules before submitting the application form.
- Trained Teacher: As per NCTE, (Recognized Norms & Procedure) Regulations, 2014. Frequently Asked Questions on ODL Programmes (available at www.ncte-india.org/ncte_new/pdf/faq_odl.pdf ), ‘The trained teacher means a person who has completed NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to- face mode’.
- In-service Teacher: As per NCTE, (Recognized Norms & Procedure) Regulations, 2014. Frequently Asked Questions on ODL Programmes (available at www.ncte-india.org/ncte_new/pdf/faq_odl.pdf ), ‘An in-service teacher means who is employed as a teacher in elementary school or elementary stage of education’.
- Diploma in Elementary Education (DEIEd) Programme, Diploma in Education (DPE) through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) or any other teacher education programme completed through ODL will not be considered as a teacher education programme for admission to B.Ed. (ODL). NCTE has mandated completion of a teacher education programme through face-to-face mode only for admission to B.Ed. (ODL) Programme.
- Along with other requisite certificates, a candidate should also submit Mark sheet and Certificate of completion of a teacher education programme through face-to-face mode duly recognized by NCTE.
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Central List will be considered.
- At the time of counseling, the candidate needs to submit a certificate to provide facilities for Practical Work including the Internship as per the format given in prospectus.
IGNOU B.Ed. Admission Process 2023
- Admission shall be done on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance test conducted by IGNOU all over India.
- The candidate will be required to submit online entrance form.
- The candidates, who will qualify the entrance, are required to submit dully filled application form available in prospectus at the Regional Centre at the time of admission counselling along with all necessary documents.
- The original documents are to be verified later after receiving offer letter for admission at the concerned regional centres.
- No change of category code shall be entertained from the candidate after the submission of Entrance form.
IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Test 2023
IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Examination 2023 will be conducted by IGNOU University. Candidates have to fill online application for B.Ed. entrance form.
|Name of Entrance Exam||IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Test 2023|
|Mode of Application||Online|
IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance 2023 Important Dates
|Start of Application Form||21 November 2022|
|Last Date for Application Form||20 December 2022|
|Entrance Hall Ticket Release Date||1st Week of January 2023|
|Entrance Exam Date 2023 (Expected Date)||8th January 2023 (Sunday)|
|Result Declaration Date 2023||February 2023 (Expected)|
IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Test 2023 Application Process
Candidates have to fill the online application form for the IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance exam 2023. Visit https://eportal.ignou.ac.in/ for B.Ed. entrance application form.
Steps for filling Online form
- Click on “LOGIN” button from the homepage of Online Entrance Test and then login with your Username and password by clicking the “LOGIN” button given on the login screen.
- Fill personal details, programme details, qualification details and correspondence details.
- Upload Scanned Photograph and Signature with specifications given below –
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 50 KB)
- Pay your Application Fee through debit/credit card (Master/Visa/Rupay) or Net banking:
- Payment by Debit/Credit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay): You have to select Debit/Credit Card option to pay the application fee and follow the online instructions to complete the payment of fee. After successful payment, you will be able to print/save the payment confirmation slip.
- Payment by Net banking: If you have net banking account select this option. You will be redirected to your bank website.
Once you have uploaded your photograph and signature, and clicked the “NEXT” button, you will get the Form Preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference.
IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam Fees 2023
- Registration fee for the Entrance Test is Rs. 1000/-.
IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam Structure or Pattern
- The entrance paper is divided into two parts: Part-A and Part B.
- Question Paper of the B.Ed. program is of 100 marks.
- All questions are multiple-choice questions.
- Duration of B.Ed. Entrance Exam: 2 Hours
IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam Paper Structure
|Part-A||Type of Questions||No of Questions||Marks|
|Section-I||General English comprehension||10||10|
|Section-II||Logical and Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Section-III||Educational and General Awareness||25||25|
|Section-IV||Teaching Learning and the School||25||25|
|Part-B||Type of Questions||No of Questions||Marks|
|Section-V||(Choose any one subject) Science,|
IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Hall Ticket 2023
Hall ticket will be made available at the official website IGNOU. You have to download it and take a printout with you when reaching the examination centre.
The university is expected to release the hall ticket for the upcoming IGNOU B.Ed. entrance examination by 1st Week of January 2023.
Download IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Hall Ticket 2023 (Available after application process)
IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Result 2023
You can download your Bed entrance exam score card from the IGNOU Result section few days after examination. If you didn’t get your entrance results then please visit your concerned regional centre to get your scorecard.
IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Result 2023 (Not Released)
IGNOU B.Ed. Merit List 2023
Merit List will be updated after the declaration of result. Here, we will update the merit list after the university made any announcement for the same.