IGIDR Mumbai MSc Admission 2022 – Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai invites application for admission to 2-years M.Sc. (Economics) Program for the academic year 2022.
Check full details on IGIDR Mumbai MSc Admission 2022 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
About IGIDR Mumbai
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is an advanced research institute established and fully funded by the Reserve Bank of India for carrying out research on development issues from a multi-disciplinary point of view.
- The Institute is recognized as a Deemed University under Section 3 of the UGC Act.
- Starting as a purely research institution, it rapidly developed into a full-fledged teaching cum research organisation when it launched a Ph.D. program in the field of development studies in 1990. The objective of the Ph.D. programme is to produce researchers with diverse disciplinary backgrounds who can address issues of economics, energy and environment policies. In 1995, the institute initiated the M. Phil programme.The M.Sc. programme commenced in 2003 to introduce students to the world of research at an earlier stage.
Eligibility Criteria for IGIDR Mumbai MSc Admission 2022
Minimum qualification for admission to M.Sc. programme includes one of the following degrees or their equivalents:
- B.A./B.Sc. in Economics/B.Com./B.Stat./B.Sc. (Physics or Mathematics)/ B.Tech. B.E. with at least 55% aggregate marks for Economics discipline and 60% aggregate marks for other disciplines.
- The applicant must have studied Mathematics at the higher secondary or higher level.
- Reservation Policy as per Government of India Rules. Reserved Category applicants have to produce the necessary documentation as per GOI Rule.
IGIDR Mumbai MSc Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Commencement of Online Registration of Application||02 May 2022|
|Closure of Registration of Application||10 June 2022|
|Hall Ticket / Admit Card can be downloaded||18 June 2022|
|Date of IGIDR- Computer Based Test||26 June 2022|
- Candidates can fill the application form online through the official website www.igidr.ac.in
- Candidates need to apply online only. No other mode of application will be accepted.
- The Steps are as follows:
- A. Online Application Registration
- B. Online Payment of Fees
- C. Photograph and Signature Upload.
|For General Category||Rs. 500/-|
|For SC/ST/PD/Other BC (non-creamy layer)/EWS||Rs.100/-|
- All candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in an online test and an interview.
- The Online test for M.Sc. will emphasize on Comprehension and English, and Basic Mathematics. In addition, M.Sc. students will have to answer a section either on Economics or Mathematics at the undergraduate level.
Need-based scholarships are available for Masters Students as per Institute’s norms.