IGDTUW Delhi PhD Admission 2022-23 – Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW) Delhi invites application for admission to PhD Program for the academic year 2022-23.
Check full details on IGDTUW Delhi PhD Admission 2022-23 below here.
IGDTUW Delhi PhD Admission 2022-23 Special Drive
Fresh applications are invited for SPECIAL ADMISSION DRIVE for few seats that are vacant in the Ph.D. Program. IGDTUW is only for female students.
Admission shall be on the basis of Research Aptitude Test (RAT) followed by interview. Applicants who have qualified GATE/NET will be exempted from RAT Exam and will be called directly to appear in interview.
IGDTUW Junior Research Fellowship may be offered to few of the selected PhD scholars.
Available PhD Programs 2022-23 Special Drive
|Program||Tentative Seats for FT/PT|
|PhD Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)||10|
|PhD Information Technology/ Computer Applications||18|
|PhD Electronics and Communication Engineering & Electrical Engineering (under ECE Department)||03|
|PhD Mechanical and Automation Engineering||12|
|PhD Architecture & Planning||04|
Important Dates Special Drive
|Starting of online application||01.08.2022|
|Last date for submission of duly filled application form||22.08.2022|
|Conduction of RAT (Research Aptitude Test for PhD Special Drive (Offline)||27.08.2022|
|Result Declaration of RAT Special Drive||31.08.2022|
|Display of Shortlisted candidates for Interviews||01.09.2022|
|Conduction of PhD Interviews||02.09.2022 to 05.09.2022|
|Display of Selected Candidates||08.09.2022|
IGDTUW Delhi PhD Admission 2022-23
Available PhD Programs 2022-23
|Program||Tentative Seats for FT/PT|
|PhD Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)||14|
|PhD Information Technology/ Computer Applications||34|
|PhD Electronics and Communication Engineering & Electrical Engineering (under ECE Department)||06|
|PhD Mechanical and Automation Engineering||12|
|PhD (Architecture & Planning)||04|
IGDTUW Delhi PhD Admission 2022-23 Important Dates
|Starting of online application||12 May 2022|
|Last date for submission of duly filled application form||13 June 2022|
|Conduction of RAT (Research Aptitude Test for PhD (Offline)||18 June 2022|
|Result Declaration of RAT||21 June 2022|
|Display of Shortlisted candidates for Interviews||22 June 2022|
|Conduction of PhD Interviews||27 June – 01 July 2022|
|Display of Selected Candidates||07 July 2022|
Eligibility Criteria for IGDTUW Delhi PhD Admission 2022-23
The minimum eligibility criteria for Full-Time/Part-Time Research Scholars
M.E./M.Tech. or Equivalent Degree in the relevant discipline with at least 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA and B.E./B. Tech. or equivalent with at least 60 % marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
For Computer Applications
MCA with at least 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA and Graduation Degree (with Sciences and Mathematics) with at least 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
Master’s Degree with at least 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA and an undergraduate degree in the relevant discipline with 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CGPA and an undergraduate degree in the relevant discipline with 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
For Architecture and Planning
Masters degree of a recognized institution or university in various
specialization of Architecture or Planning or allied subject with 55% marks (50% for reserved categories) or equivalent grade. OR Bachelors degree of a recognized institution or university in Architecture or Planning with 75% marks (70% for reserved categories) or equivalent grade, along
with the professional/research experience for a minimum period of five years after obtaining the Bachelors degree.
- 5% relaxation in minimum entry qualification marks for applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non Creamy Layer) and Differently -abled Categories will be given.
For Part-Time Research Scholar (Sponsored)/ Full-Time Research Scholar (Sponsored)
- The Applicant possesses the minimum entry qualifications for the degree as mentioned in Eligibility Criteria.
- The applicant is presently employed under any of the following categories :
- Applicant is working in organizations which have MOU with IGDTUW.
- Applicant is working on Full-Time basis (regular/adhoc/contract) in a National Level R&D Lab/ a reputed organization/ recognized educational institution/ University/ PSU/ Corporate/ Industry registered under Companies Act.
- The Applicant possesses at least two years of relevant work experience in the categories, as at (ii) b.
- The applicant gets a NOC from her employer, at the time of provisional registration
IGDTUW-Junior Research Fellow (IGDTUW-JRF)
An applicant shall be eligible for Junior Research Fellowship instituted by IGDTUW provided she fulfils the following conditions:
- She possesses the minimum eligibility qualifications.
- She has qualified UGC-CSIR-JRF/NET examination or has qualified GATE with a score above the minimum cut off or has qualified Research Aptitude Test (RAT) examination. A person who has appeared in the above examinations but is awaiting results may also apply. However, she shall be required to produce a valid documentary evidence of having qualified the examination at the time of interview.
- She is not receiving any financial assistance from any other sources.
IGDTUW Delhi PhD Admission 2022-23 Application Process
Candidates has to apply online on the official website
The candidates are advised to read instruction given in the Admission Brochure very carefully before applying Online.
|Application Fee||Rs. 1000/- (One Thousand only).|
|Mode of Payment||Through online Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking.|
Admission to the Ph.D. Courses will be common to the two categories (Full time and Part Time) of applicants.
Admission will be on the basis of a written Test (RAT) followed by an interview.
Research Aptitude Test for PhD (RAT)
The RAT Examination shall be qualifying only with qualifying marks as 50%. A relaxation of 5% marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled (PD) category to qualify the RAT Exam.
The RAT shall be conducted in the following disciplines:
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Computer Science / Information Technology/ Computer Applications
- Mechanical & Automation Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (under the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering)
- Architecture and Planning
Syllabus of the RAT examination
- 50% – Research Methodology
- 50% – subject specific
Exemption From RAT
The RAT examination shall be waived off for the following applicants and such applicants shall be allowed to appear in the interview directly subject to the fulfilment of eligibility qualifications
- Full-Time female teaching staff (Faculty) of IGDTUW.
- Sponsored applicants from organizations having MOU with the University.
- Applicants who have qualified UGC-CSIR-JRF/NET Or have qualified GATE with a score above the minimum cut-off and successfully completed requisite Master’s degree.
- Foreign students who apply through MHRD or under a Cultural Exchange Scholarship Course of Government of India.
- A stipend of Rs 10,000/ Scholars for a maximum period of five years or till completion of their Ph.D. whichever is less. The Research Scholars would also assist in Academic/Administrative works in their Research Work.
- The University may provide financial assistance to few Full good teaching skills and appoint them as Junior Research Fellow (JRF) / Senior Research Fellow (SRF) as per UGC norms.
- These fellowships shall be distributed on the basis of need across all departments by Dean (R&C) in consultation with the
- The Terms and Conditions of the fellowship may be amended from time to time.
- All provisions of the prevailing Ph.D. Ordinance of the University shall be applicable on the JRF/SRF and allocated Supervisor(s)
|IGDTUW Fellowship||Amount Per Month|
|*IGDTUW-Junior Research (JRF) Fellow||Rs. 31,000/- + HRA|
|Full time PhD Scholars||Rs. 10,000/-|
IGDTUW Delhi PhD Admission 2022-23 Results
- List of Applicants Selected For Provisional Admission To June-July Session Of PhD Program (Academic Year: 2022-23) – View/Download
- List of Applicants Shortlisted For PhD Interviews June-July 2022 – View/Download
|Notification Special Drive||Click Here|
|Information Brochure||Click Here|
|Application Link Special Drive||Click Here|
|Application Link||Click Here|
|IGDTUW Delhi Website||Click Here|
IGDTUW Delhi PhD Admission 2021-22 Winter
|Starting of online application||07 Dec 2021|
|Last date for submission of duly filled application form||27 Dec 2021|
|Conduction of RAT (Research Aptitude Test for PhD (Offline)||02 Jan 2022|
|Result Declaration of RAT||03 Jan 2022|
|Display of Shortlisted candidates for Interviews||04 Jan 2022|
|Conduction of PhD Interviews (Offline)||06 Jan 2022|
|Display of Selected Candidates||10 Jan 2022|
Available PhD Programs
|Program||Tentative Seats for FT/PT|
|PhD Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)||08|
|PhD Information Technology/ Computer Applications||09|
|PhD Electronics and Communication Engineering & Electrical Engineering (under ECE Department)||04|
|PhD Mechanical and Automation Engineering||17|
IGDTUW Delhi PhD Admission 2021-22 Results
|List of Ph.D. applicants selected for provisional admission in winter session intake||View/Download|
|LIST OF APPLICANTS SHORTLISTED FOR ONLINE WINTER SESSION PH.D. INTERVIEWS||View/Download|
|PH.D INTERVIEW SCHEDULE FOR CANDIDATES FOR WINTER SESSION ADMISSIONS||View/Download|
|GUIDELINES FOR SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES FOR APPEARING IN ONLINE INTERVIEWS||View/Download|
|Important Notice for Candidates Appearing in RAT 2021 (Winter Session) to be held on 2nd Jan 2021||View/Download|
IGDTUW Delhi PhD Admission 2021-22 Summer Session
|Starting of online application||01 June 2021|
|Last date for submission of duly filled application form||30 June 2021|
|Conduction of RAT (Research Aptitude Test for Ph.D.) (Online/Offline)||10 & 11 July 2021|
|Result Declaration of RAT||15 July 2021|
|Display of Shortlisted candidates for Interviews||16 or 17 July 2021|
|Conduction of Ph.D. Interviews (for all departments) (Online)||19 to 22 July 2021|
|Display of Selected Candidates||28 July 2021|
IGDTUW Delhi PhD Admission 2020
|Starting of online application||05th June 2020|
|Last date for submission of duly filled application form||10th July 2020|
|Conduction of RAT (Research Aptitude Test for Ph.D.) (Online/Offline)||18th July 2020|
|Result Declaration of RAT||20th July 2020|
|Display of Shortlisted candidates for Interviews||21st July 2020|
|Conduction of Ph.D. Interviews (for all departments) (Online/Offline)||22th to 28th July 2020|
|Display of Selected Candidates||29th July 2020|
Areas of Research and No. of Seats in Department of Applied Science & Humanities
The Ph.D. Course is being offered in the following disciplines subject to the availability of vacancy in the relevant research field:
|Department||Research Areas||Tentative Seats* (including IGDTUWJRF)|
|Applied Science & Humanities (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English)||Atmospheric Sciences (carbonaceous aerosols, organic compounds and trace gases), Nanocomposites for waste water treatment, Green Corrosion Inhibitors, Nanotechnology, Nano materials, Thin Film Technologies, Applied Optics, Digital Image Processing, Optical Information Processing, Panoramic and 3-D Imaging, Materials Science, Nano-science and Nanotechnology, English Literature, Communication Studies||Physics: 03(including 01 IGDTUWJRF) Chemistry: 02(including 01 IGDTUWJRF) English: 01 IGDTUWJRF Mathematics : 01 IGDTUW-JRF|
Financial Assistance- (IGDTUW-JRF)
1) The University may provide financial assistance to few Full-Time Research Scholars with good teaching skills and appoint them as Junior Research fellow (JRF) called IGDTUW-JRF.
2) All provisions of prevailing Ph.D. Ordinance/Regulations of the University shall be applicable on the IGDTUW-JRF and allocated supervisor(s).
3) Fellowship Amount – IGDTUW Fellowship for Ph.D. Course – Revised Fellowship (Per Month) Rs. 25000/- *