IGDTUW Delhi PhD Admissions 2021 – Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW) Delhi invites application for admission to PhD Program for the academic year 2021-22.
IGDTUW Delhi PhD Admissions 2021 Important Dates
|Starting of online application||01 June 2021|
|Last date for submission of duly filled application form||30 June 2021|
|Conduction of RAT (Research Aptitude Test for Ph.D.) (Online/Offline)||10 & 11 July 2021|
|Result Declaration of RAT||15 July 2021|
|Display of Shortlisted candidates for Interviews||16 or 17 July 2021|
|Conduction of Ph.D. Interviews (for all departments) (Online)||19 to 22 July 2021|
|Display of Selected Candidates||28 July 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for IGDTUW Delhi PhD Admissions 2021
The minimum eligibility criteria for Full-Time/Part-Time Research Scholars
M.E./M.Tech. or Equivalent Degree in the relevant discipline with at least 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA and B.E./B. Tech. or equivalent with at least 60 % marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
For Computer Applications
MCA with at least 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA and Graduation Degree (with Sciences and Mathematics) with at least 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
Master’s Degree with at least 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA and an undergraduate degree in the relevant discipline with 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CGPA and an undergraduate degree in the relevant discipline with 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
- 5% relaxation in minimum entry qualification marks for applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non Creamy Layer) and Differently -abled Categories will be given.
- Candidates appearing in the Final exam of their qualifying degree may also apply
An applicant is eligible for Part-Time Research Scholar (Sponsored)/ Full-Time Research Scholar (Sponsored), provided she fulfills the following conditions:
- The Applicant possesses the minimum entry qualifications for the degree as mentioned in Eligibility Criteria.
- The applicant is presently employed under any of the following categories :
- Applicant is working in organizations which have MOU with IGDTUW.
- Applicant is working on Full-Time basis (regular/adhoc/contract) in a National Level R&D Lab/ a reputed organization/ recognized educational institution/ University/ PSU/ Corporate/ Industry registered under Companies Act.
- The Applicant possesses at least two years of relevant work experience in the categories, as at (ii) b.
- The applicant gets a NOC from her employer, at the time of provisional registration
IGDTUW-Junior Research Fellow (IGDTUW-JRF)
An applicant shall be eligible for Junior Research Fellowship instituted by IGDTUW provided she fulfils the following conditions:
1) She possesses the minimum eligibility qualifications.
2) She has qualified UGC-CSIR-JRF/NET examination or has qualified GATE with a score above the minimum cut off or has qualified Research Aptitude Test (RAT) examination. A person who has appeared in the above examinations but is awaiting results may also apply. However, she shall be required to produce a valid documentary evidence of having qualified the examination at the time of interview.
3) She is not receiving any financial assistance from any other sources.
IGDTUW Delhi PhD Admissions 2021 Application Process
Candidates has to apply online on the official website
The candidates are advised to read instruction given in the Admission Brochure very carefully before applying Online.
The e-brochure may be downloaded from the website
|Application Fee||Rs. 1000/- (One Thousand only).|
|Mode of Payment||Through online Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking.|
Admission to the Ph.D. Courses will be common to the two categories (Full time and Part Time) of applicants.
Admission will be on the basis of a written Test (RAT) followed by an interview.
Syllabus of the RAT examination – 50% of Research Methodology and 50% subject specific.
The RAT examination shall be waived off for the following applicants and such applicants shall be allowed to appear in the interview directly subject to the fulfilment of eligibility qualifications
- Full-Time female teaching staff (Faculty) of IGDTUW.
- Sponsored applicants from organizations having MOU with the University.
- Applicants who have qualified UGC-CSIR-JRF/NET Or have qualified GATE with a score above the minimum cut-off and successfully completed requisite Master’s degree.
- Foreign students who apply through MHRD or under a Cultural Exchange Scholarship Course of Government of India.
IGDTUW Research Fellowship (IGDTUW JRF/SRF) will be offered to meritorious PhD candidates besides UGC JRF/SRF scholarships.
All other full time Ph.D. scholars will be eligible for
stipend/Financial Assistance of Rs. 10,000/- per month.
For more details and to apply online – visit
Previous Years Admissions
IGDTUW Delhi PhD Admissions 2020
|Starting of online application||05th June 2020|
|Last date for submission of duly filled application form||10th July 2020|
|Conduction of RAT (Research Aptitude Test for Ph.D.) (Online/Offline)||18th July 2020|
|Result Declaration of RAT||20th July 2020|
|Display of Shortlisted candidates for Interviews||21st July 2020|
|Conduction of Ph.D. Interviews (for all departments) (Online/Offline)||22th to 28th July 2020|
|Display of Selected Candidates||29th July 2020|
Areas of Research and No. of Seats in Department of Applied Science & Humanities
The Ph.D. Course is being offered in the following disciplines subject to the availability of vacancy in the relevant research field:
|Department||Research Areas||Tentative Seats* (including IGDTUWJRF)|
|Applied Science & Humanities (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English)||Atmospheric Sciences (carbonaceous aerosols, organic compounds and trace gases), Nanocomposites for waste water treatment, Green Corrosion Inhibitors, Nanotechnology, Nano materials, Thin Film Technologies, Applied Optics, Digital Image Processing, Optical Information Processing, Panoramic and 3-D Imaging, Materials Science, Nano-science and Nanotechnology, English Literature, Communication Studies||Physics: 03(including 01 IGDTUWJRF) Chemistry: 02(including 01 IGDTUWJRF) English: 01 IGDTUWJRF Mathematics : 01 IGDTUW-JRF|
Financial Assistance- (IGDTUW-JRF)
1) The University may provide financial assistance to few Full-Time Research Scholars with good teaching skills and appoint them as Junior Research fellow (JRF) called IGDTUW-JRF.
2) All provisions of prevailing Ph.D. Ordinance/Regulations of the University shall be applicable on the IGDTUW-JRF and allocated supervisor(s).
3) Fellowship Amount – IGDTUW Fellowship for Ph.D. Course – Revised Fellowship (Per Month) Rs. 25000/- *