ICMR-NIP PhD Admission 2022-23: ICMR-National Institute for Pathology, New Delhi invites application for PhD Admission 2022-23.
Check full details on ICMR-NIP PhD Admission 2022-23 here.
National Institute for Pathology, New Delhi, is a premier Institute of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
The thrust areas of research include:
- cancer biology
- infectious disease biology
Available PhD Programs
The Institute is affiliated to the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Manipal, Karnataka for the award of Ph.D. degree in Life Sciences.
ICMR-NIP PhD Admission 2022-23 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who are Indian citizen and having Post graduate degree in any branch of Life Sciences (Biochemistry/Biotechnology/ Microbiology/Zoology/ Bioinformatics/Biophysics etc.) or MBBS or MD degree from India having at least 55% or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA). Students belonging to reserved category will be eligible for relaxation as per rules.
- The candidates who have a valid Junior Research Fellowship from CSIR/ UGC/ ICMR/ DBT/ BINC/ DST-INSPIRE fellowship will have the added advantage and will draw the fellowship thorough the respective agencies. Candidates who have qualified GATE, or are selected in the categories of Lectureship in CSIR-UGC (NET), DBT- Category II and JRF under research schemes of ICMR may apply. Candidates working at ICMR-NIP in various projects may apply for this program.
- AGE LIMIT:
- Upper age limit is 28 years as on 30th November 2022, for General Category.
- Age relaxation of up to 5 years (33 years) for SC/ST/Differently Abled/Women candidates and up to 3 years (31 years) for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates will be granted.
- Will be as per the rules followed by UGC and Government of India.
- The selected candidates, who have passed JRF examination conducted by CSIR/UGC/ICMR/DBT can avail fellowship as per the rules of respective funding agency.
- ICMR-NIP does not provide fellowship for pursuing PhD.
- HOSTEL: Institute do not provide any Hostel facility. No traveling allowance shall be provided by the Institute at any stage of the admission process.
ICMR-NIP PhD Admission 2022-23 Important Dates
|Start of online application||14 November, 2022|
|Last date for submission of online application||30th November 2022|
|Dates for the interviews of the short listed candidates||Will be communicated in due time|
|Declaration of results||Will be communicated in due time|
ICMR-NIP PhD Admission 2022-23 Application Process
- The desired applicants are required to fill the online Google form on or before 30th November 2022 up to 05.00 p.m. The link for the same is given in notification.
- Applicants should upload their biodata and scanned copies of the birth certificate/proof of birth; fellowship award letter, final mark statements of B.Sc. and M.Sc. in a single PDF file.
- Only duly filled online applications will be considered. Incomplete applications and applications received after the closing date will not be entertained.
- Candidates must ensure that the information details furnished in the online application are true and correct. If any discrepancy is observed at any stage, institute reserves the right to cancel the admission.
- The names of the candidates to be interviewed along with date and time for the interview will be displayed on the NIP and ICMR website.
- Final selection would be based on the performance in the online/offline interview.
- The list of shortlisted candidates (in order of merit, category wise) will be displayed on the NIP and ICMR website.
- The decision of the Director and Selection Committee will be final for selection and allotment of the laboratory, and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Mere fulfilling of the minimum requirements stipulated in the advertisement would not automatically entitle a candidate for selection. The decision of the Institute shall be final and binding in this regard.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification.