ICAR AICE JRF/SRF (PhD) 2023 – National Testing Agency (NTA) invites application for ICAR All India Competitive Examination (AICE) JRF/SRF (PhD) 2023 on behalf of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
check full details on ICAR AICE JRF/SRF (PhD) 2023 here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
About ICAR AICE JRF/SRF (PhD)
ICAR AICE JRF/SRF (PhD) is conducted annually for Admission to Doctoral Degree Program and Award of JRF/SRF (PhD) in Agriculture & Allied Sciences courses.
About ICAR AICE JRF/SRF (PhD) 2023
- National Testing Agency (NTA) invites application for ICAR All India Competitive Examination (AICE) JRF/SRF (PhD) 2023 on behalf of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
- ICAR JRF/SRF (Ph.D.)-2023 Examination will be conducted in 72 Subjects at 89 Cities all over the country enabling participation of a large number of candidates seeking admission to Doctoral degree programmes in AUs in different disciplines of Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Veterinary, Animal Sciences, Agril. Engineering, Community Science (erstwhile Home Science), Fisheries, Dairy Science and other allied sciences.
- Admissions to 30% seats [100% seats of Dr. RPCAU Pusa & RLBCAU, Jhansi and ICAR Deemed to be University (DU), viz. ICAR-IVRI, IARI, CIFE and NDRI] will be granted under the ICAR-AU system.
- Further, not more than 40% candidates from any one state shall be admitted in any agricultural university/subject under a particular category.
- ICAR JRF/SRF (Ph.D.) shall be awarded to limited number of candidates based on merit in this examination as per their overall merit-rank and seat availability in different disciplines. The other candidates who are declared / notified as qualified for counseling will be eligible as per their merit rank and availability of seat for admission to Ph.D. degree programme, without fellowship, in the specific subject in the AUs. The above eligibility conditions will also apply to in-service candidates.
- Candidates declared eligible for registration and choice filling for counseling by ICAR will only be considered for allocation of subject and the Agricultural University. There is no provision of direct nomination for admission through ICAR in any Doctoral degree programme without qualifying in ICAR AICE-JRF/SRF (Ph.D.).
ICAR AICE JRF/SRF (PhD) 2023 Important Dates
|Online submission of Application Form||22.05.2023 to 16.06.2023|
|Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/Debit Card/Net-Banking/UPI||16.06.2023|
|Correction in particulars of Application Form on website only (No corrections shall be allowed after 20.06.2023)||18.06.2023 to 20.06.2023|
|Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website||Will be announced later on NTA website|
|Date of Examination||Will be announced later on NTA website|
|Display of Attempted Question Paper and Provisional Answer Keys||Will be announced later on NTA website|
Eligibility Criteria for ICAR AICE JRF/SRF (PhD) 2023
Candidates should make sure that they fulfill the eligibility norms set for AICE JRF/SRF (PhD), before submitting the online form.
- Indian nationals who have passed Master’s Degree programme with a minimum of Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) will be eligible. In other cases, where grade points are not awarded and only marks are awarded, the candidate must have secured a minimum percent score.
|Marks Secured||General, OBC (NCL) and UPS/EWS||SC/ST/PwBD/Third Gender|
|Percent (100 Point)||60||50|
Indian Nationals of at least 20 years of age as on 31.08.2023 are eligible to apply for the examination. No relaxation is permissible regarding the minimum age limit.
More eligibility criteria and other details please check information brochure.
NTA has released the application form for ICAR AICE SRF/JRF (PGS) 2023 at icar.nta.ac.in
Candidates can apply for the form online mode. Applicants must ensure their eligibility before filling the application form and read the important instruction
Candidate should keep all the documents ready before filling the application form, documents required are provided in the information brochure
Steps to Fill Application Form
- Step 1: Visit the official website i.e. icar.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Click on the relevant link for online application for SRF/JRF at the homepage.
- Step 3: Now click on the option for new user registration.
- Step 4: Enter details including correct email ID and mobile number on the registration form to complete the registration.
- Step 5: Now fill up the application form by entering the correct details.
- Step 6: An application number is generated upon submitting the application form online.
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)- (NCL) & UPS/ EWS||Rs.1850/-|
ICAR AICE JRF/SRF (PhD) 2023 Exam Pattern
Test would consist of three Sections
- Section A – First 20 MCQs will be common to all the 72 specialized Subjects. The questions assess the level of candidate’s awareness about the environment and its application to the society. The questions are based on general knowledge in the domain of Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Dairying, Fisheries and Allied Sciences, etc. including current events and matters of everyday observation and experience.
- Section B – 50 MCQs will be from the Core Group (refer Table 1) containing the specialized Subject opted by the candidate for pursuing Ph.D.
- Section C – 50 MCQs will be from one of the specialized Subjects (Annexure-III) in Masters Degree opted by the candidate for pursuing Ph.D.
Exam Pattern Overview
|Mode of Examination||LAN Based CBT (Computer Based Test)|
|Number of Questions||120 (20 + 50 + 50), |
20 – Part A (General knowledge/reasoning ability),
50 – Part B Core Group containing the specialized Subject opted by the candidate for Ph.D.,
50 –Part C Specialized Subject opted by the candidate for Ph.D.
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice with 4 options|
|Maximum Marks||480 (80+200+200)|
|Scoring||4 marks for each correct response, |
-1 mark for each incorrect response (negative scoring),
0 for non-attempt
|Medium of Paper||English only|
Subjects for ICAR AICE-JRF/SRF (PhD)
Doctoral Degree Programmes offered by AUs in 72 Subjects. Based upon eligibility and compatibility with their subject areas at the post-graduation level, the candidates should select one Subject of specialization for appearing in the Examination. However, candidates choosing a Subject of specialization in examination need to attempt Part-B of Question paper consisting of 50 questions from core group containing the Subject of specialization.
- Crop Sciences-I
1.1. Genetics & Plant Breeding
1.2. Seed Science & Technology
1.3. Plant Genetic Resources
- Crop Sciences-II
2.1. Plant Pathology
- Crop Sciences-III
3.2. Plant Physiology
3.3. Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
4.1. Vegetable Science
4.2. Fruit Science
4.3. Floriculture & Landscaping
4.4. Plantation, Spices, Medicinal & Aromatic Crops
4.5. Post Harvest Management
- Veterinary and Animal Sciences-I
5.1. Animal Genetics & Breeding
5.2. Animal Nutrition
5.3. Livestock Production Management
5.4. Livestock Products Technology
5.5. Poultry Science
- Veterinary and Animal Sciences-II
6.1. Veterinary Parasitology
6.2. Veterinary Public Health & Epidemiology
6.3. Veterinary Microbiology
6.4. Veterinary Pathology
- Veterinary and Animal Sciences-III
7.1. Veterinary Medicine
7.2. Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology
7.3. Animal Reproduction, Gynaecology & Obstetrics
7.4. Veterinary Surgery & Radiology
7.5. Veterinary Anatomy
- Veterinary and Animal Sciences-IV
8.1. Veterinary Physiology
8.2. Veterinary Biochemistry
8.3. Veterinary Biotechnology
- Dairy Science, Dairy Technology & Food Technology
9.1. Dairy Chemistry
9.2. Food Processing Technology*
9.3. Dairy Microbiology
9.4. Dairy Technology
9.5. Dairy Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering and Technology
10.1. Farm Machinery and Power Engineering
10.2. Soil and Water Conservation Engineering
10.3. Processing and Food Engineering
10.4. Renewable Energy Engineering
10.5. Irrigation & Drainage Engineering
- Community Science (Formerly Home Science)
11.1. Resource Management and Consumer Science
11.2. Apparel and Textiles Science
11.3. Human Development and Family Studies
11.4. Food and Nutrition
11.5. Extension Education and Community Management
- Fishery Science-I
12.1. Fisheries Resource Management
12.2. Fish Processing Technology
12.3. Fishing Technology & Engineering
12.4. Aquatic Environmental Management
- Fishery Science-II
13.2. Aquatic Animal Health Management
13.3. Fish Nutrition and Feed Technology
- Fishery Sciences-III
14.1. Fish Genetics and Breeding
14.2. Fish Biotechnology
14.3. Fish Physiology and Biochemistry
- Natural Resource Management – I
15.2. Agricultural Meteorology
15.3. Agricultural Physics
15.4. Environmental Science
- Natural Resource Management – II
16.2. Soil Sciences
16.3. Agricultural Chemicals
16.4. Water Science & Technology
- Agricultural Economics & Agri-Business Management
17.1. Agricultural Economics***
17.2. Agri-business Management
- Agricultural Extension
18.1. Agricultural Extension Education****
- Agricultural Statistics
19.1. Agricultural Statistics
19.3. Computer Application
- *For admission includes : Food Process Engineering
- ** For admission includes
- : Silviculture and Agroforestry
- : Forest Biology and Tree Improvement
- : Forest Products and Utilization
- : Forest Resource Management
- *** For admission includes : Fisheries Economics (MFSc essential for admission)
- **** For admission includes
- : Veterinary Extension Education (MVSc essential for admission)
- : Fisheries Extension (MFSc essential for admission)
ICAR AICE JRF/SRF (PhD) 2023 Syllabus
The Question Paper for the Test shall be based on the Syllabus of Subjects as prescribed by the ICAR, available at ICAR website.