IBSD Imphal PhD Admission 2021-22 Autumn Semester – The Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development (IBSD), Imphal invites application for admission to PhD Program 2021-22(Autumn Semester).
Check full details on IBSD Imphal PhD Admission 2021-22 Autumn Semester here.
About IBSD Imphal
- The Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development (IBSD), Imphal is an institute under the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India located at Imphal, Manipur.
- For the development of bioresources and other outreach activities, IBSD has established three other entities in NER including its Regional Centre at Gangtok in Sikkim and Research Nodes at Shillong in Meghalaya and at Aizawl in Mizoram.
- IBSD is working with the mission for “Bioresources development and their sustainable use through biotechnological interventions for the socio-economic growth of the North Eastern Region”.
- IBSD is working under different research verticals including plant resources, microbial resources & fermented foods, phytopharmaceutical, ethnobotany, ethnopharmacology & drug development, animal resources and eco-restoration, water quality management & surveillance to catalyze the bio-economy from bioresources of NER.
About PhD Program
- Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development (IBSD) is affiliated to the Regional Centre for Biotechnology, Faridabad (An Institution of National Importance, established by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, under the auspices of UNESCO).
- The Institution offers a Doctoral Research Programme for awarding Ph.D. degree to the students holding postgraduate degree in science or technology.
- The selection process will be made through a written examination followed by a personal interview. The selected candidates will undergo the course work programme followed by research to accomplish the Doctoral thesis under the mentorship of faculty.
- The programme is suited for candidates looking for multidisciplinary laboratory and field-based research. The Institution offers the Ph.D. Programme in Biotechnology as a broad area with specific focus on the following research verticals: Phytopharmaceutical Mission, Ethnobotany, Ethnopharmacology & Drug Development; Microbial Resources & Fermented Foods; Plant Resources; Animal Resources; Eco-Restoration, water quality management & surveillance.
IBSD Imphal PhD Admission 2021-22 Autumn Semester Eligibility criteria
Candidates holding Postgraduate/ Master’s degree (M.Sc./ M.Tech./ M. Pharm etc) (Two Years Course) in the area related to life sciences including botany/ zoology/ chemistry/ biochemistry/ biotechnology/ agriculture sciences/ microbiology/ plant sciences/ pharmaceutical chemistry/ food technology/ or an equivalent degree from a recognised University or institution are eligible to apply.
Admission criteria for SC/ST/OBC/Women/ PWD candidates is relaxable as per Government of India rules.
Candidates should have qualified any of the following examinations and hold a valid fellowship offer for a period of 5 years at the time of interview:
- Joint CSIR-UGC test for Junior Research Fellowship (CSIR/UGC JRF)
- Innovation in science Pursuit for Inspired Research (DST-INSPIRE)
- DBT Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF)
- ICMR Junior Research Fellowship (ICMR-JRF)
- Any other nationally-competitive fellowship offered by the Government of India
Candidates need to submit a self-attested valid proof of award of the qualifying fellowship.
A written examination will be conducted for all the applicants.
Based on the performance in the interview, few deserving candidates without national level fellowship will be selected for admission under IBSD core fund fellowship.
60% in the qualifying degree examination.
Number of Vacancies
Institute reserves the right to restrict/alter the number of vacancies depending upon the availability of positions with the faculty.
Reservation of Seats
As per Government guidelines
IBSD Imphal PhD Admission 2021-22 Autumn Semester Important Dates
|Last date for application||April 25, 2022|
|date of the written examination and interview||will be announced later|
The application form and details are available on the website https://www.ibsd.gov.in .
A filled application form along with self-attested copies of mark sheets and certificates in support of academic qualifications should be sent to [email protected] on or before 25th April 2022. Please mention the subject as “Application for the Ph.D. Programme 2021-22(Autumn Semester)”.
Any false/ incorrect information in the application form or inappropriate qualifications detected at any stage of the selection process will lead to disqualification of the candidate. The decision of the Competent Authority, IBSD, Imphal shall be final in this regard.
Applicants except SC/ST/Physically Handicapped are required to pay a non-refundable amount of Rs. 225/-
The fellowship and other emoluments will be as per the guidelines of the funding agencies – DST/DBT/CSIR/ICMR and as revised from time to time.