HNLU Raipur PhD Admission 2023 – Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), Raipur invites applications for PhD Admissions in Law and Inter-disciplinary studies for the Academic Session 2023.
Check full details on HNLU Raipur PhD Admission 2023 here.
HNLU Raipur PhD Programs
HNLU Raipur PhD Specialization
The indicative list of Specialization is as follows
- Banking Laws
- Corporate Laws
- Commercial Laws
- International Trade and Investment Laws
- Criminal Law
- Constitutional Law
- Conflict Resolution
- Environmental Laws
- Family Laws
- Human Rights Law
- Employment Law
- IPR Laws
- Public Policy
- Gender Studies
- International Law
- Taxation Laws
- International Relations
- Law and Sociology
- Tribal and Indigenous Law and Policy
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Cyber Law and Policy
No. of Seats (All India)
No. of Seats (Domicile of Chhattisgarh)
- Total – 10 (Reservation as per the circular issued by the Government of Chhattisgarh)
- 5% seats shall be reserved horizontally for Specially Abled Persons (SAP) at the All- India and Chhattisgarh levels according to The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
- 3% seats shall be reserved horizontally for the Dependents of Freedom Fighters (DFF) category of candidates belonging to the State of Chhattisgarh
- If a Chhattisgarh domicile candidate qualifies for admission in the regular merit under the All-India category, the candidate shall be considered against the All-India seat only and not against Chhattisgarh domicile
- 30% of seats shall be reserved horizontally for female candidates across all categories of seats.
- The allotment of seats to various CG Domicile category candidates will be made as per the Guidelines issued by the Government of Chhattisgarh from time to time.
- Students who are transferred from other Universities as per the HNLU Ph.D. Ordinance will be considered as admission to Supernumerary Seats.
- Ph.D. program shall be for a minimum duration of three years from the date of registration and a maximum of six years.
HNLU Raipur PhD Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates with a Master’s Degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s Degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- Candidates with LL.M. or equivalent degrees are eligible to apply for Ph.D. in Law or interdisciplinary Ph.D. However, candidates with other Masters degrees or professional degrees are eligible to apply only for interdisciplinary Ph.D.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the University Grants Commission from time to time.
- Candidates who have appeared in the qualifying examination but awaiting results are also eligible to apply, provided that the result of the qualifying examination shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of registration, failing which their candidature shall be cancelled.
HNLU Raipur PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Issuance of Notification
|21st July 2023
|Last Date to Receive Application form
|14th August 2023
|All-India Written Entrance Test (Online)
|20th August 2023
|Presentation of Research Proposals of the shortlisted candidates
|27th August 2023
|Declaration of Result
|31th August 2023
|Date of Registration / Admission
|8th September 2023
HNLU Raipur PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- For offline mode of application, form can be downloaded from HNLU website https://hnlu.ac.in
- After completion of the application and payment of fee, submit the same through e-mails at email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; with the subject line carrying the applicant’s name, name of the program and UTR number to facilitate verification. Scanned copy of the duly filled-in application form along with all the enclosures must be submitted
- Applications received after the last date shall not be accepted. In case of queries feel free to reach out on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The filled-in form should be sent along with the Application fee of Rs. 2000/- (Rs.1000/- in case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes candidates along with the Caste Certificate).
Stage I: Entrance Test (100 Marks)
- Candidates have to appear for an All-India Ph.D. Entrance Test which shall be for a duration of 2.5 hours.
- The entrance test shall comprise of two components:
- Component 01 – Research Aptitude Test – 50 Marks (Common to all candidates)
- Component 02 – Legal Test – 50 Marks
- The candidate needs to score a minimum of 50 % of marks in each component to qualify in the Ph.D. Entrance Test
- Candidates, who have qualified for UGC NET (Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)/lectureship) or SLET, shall be exempted from the Entrance Test
Stage II Personal Interview
- Shortlisted candidates including UGC NET (Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)/ lectureship) or SLET qualified candidates will be required to discuss their research interest/area through presentation followed by an Interview before the Committee.
- Candidates will be assessed on the following parameters:
- a) The competence of the candidate for conducting the proposed research,
- b) The feasibility/suitability of conducting the proposed research work at the University,
- c) The contribution of the proposed area of research towards knowledge creation / up-gradation.