Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya Bilaspur PhD Admission 2021 – Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya, Bilaspur, a Central University Chhattisgarh, invites online applications for admission to the various programmes for the academic session 2021-22.
The admission to the said programme shall be made
- Through the Online Vishwavidyalaya Research Entrance Test (VRET)
- Directly under the VRET exempted category.
Available PhD Programs with tentative seats
|Department||PhD Seats via VRET||PhD Seats Via VRET Exempted|
|Industrial and Production Engg.||13||3|
|Computer Science Engineering||4||2|
|Electronics & Communication Engg.||9||3|
|Anthropology and Tribal Development||4||1|
|Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT)||10||3|
|Forestry, Wildlife & Environmental Sciences||7||3|
|Rural Technology and Social Development||23||8|
|Pure & Applied Physics||27||20|
|Library and Information Science||1||1|
Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya Bilaspur PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
|Description||Date and Time|
|Start of Online Application Process||08.09.2021 (04.00PM)|
|Closing date of Online submission of Application forms||23.09.2021|
|Online Entrance Test Dates (VRET)||01.10.2021 (09.00 AM)|
|Declaration of results||06.10.2021 (05.00 PM)|
|Dates for VRET Admissions/Interview||Will be declared later on|
Eligibility Criteria for Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya Bilaspur PhD Admission 2021
For VRET Category
- Applicant for admission to the Ph.D. program shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade.
- The students appearing for final year or final semester of their post-graduate degree examination will also be eligible to appear for the admission process subject to the fulfilment of minimum eligibility criteria at the time of interview/counselling.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories as per rules.
- Applicant possessing a Degree, considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree are also eligible.
For VRET Exempted
In addition to above requirements –
- Applicants who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET(having own fellowship)/GATE/teacher fellowship holder /GPAT/JEST/RGNF/DST Inspire or any such applicants who belong to this category as per UGC notifications from time to time.
- Permanent/Regular teachers having appointment on substantive posts in the Teaching departments of the Universities who have completed their probation successfully with an experience of at least two years of uninterrupted service would be considered under this category.
- Foreign students sponsored by the concerned embassy and having appropriate fellowship will be exempted from test, subject to the general rules framed by the Government of India from time to time and as applicable to the University with regard to the admission etc.
- Applicants who have successfully completed M.Phil. from GGV or any recognized institutions.
Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya Bilaspur PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Applicant for VRET/VRET-Exempted category shall submit their application through online mode only on University Website www.ggu.ac.in
- Entrance Test, Counseling and Admission of candidates will be done online initially. But the candidates have to submit the documents at later stage in hard copy.
|For GEN, OBC and EWS||Rs. 1000/-|
|For SC/ ST /PWD||Rs. 500/-|
Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya Bilaspur PhD Admission 2021 Admission Process
There would be two streams of applicants –
- through the Online Vishwavidyalaya Research Entrance Test (VRET)
- VRET exempted category
Final Merit list of the applicants belonging to both the categories i.e. VRET and VRET (Exempted) will be prepared separately for each subject.
The overall marks for preparing such merit will be 100.
Entrance Test (VRET)
University will admit applicants by a two stage process i.e. Online Entrance test followed by an interview:
- The qualifying marks in the Entrance Test shall be 50% of the total marks. However, a relaxation of 5 % of marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy layers) / Differently-abled category in the entrance examination conducted by the University as per UGC Regulations.
- The syllabus of the Online Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific. The Online VRET would be of 120 minutes duration. There would be a single question paper of 100 marks having 100 multiple choice questions for assessing the subject proficiency and research aptitude of the candidate. The admission shall be based on the marks obtained above qualifying marks in VRET and in order of merit.
Distribution of marks will be as follows
|Marks obtained in Online VRET||70% of the marks obtained (Maximum 70)|
VRET Exempted (For UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF/ SLET/ GATE/ Teacher Fellowship holder/ GPAT/ JEST/ RGNF/ DST-Inspire or any other category as notified by the UGC from time to time).
Distribution of marks
- Personal Interview/Viva-voce- 20
- Research proposal presentation- 30
- Score of UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE (excluding Teacher Fellowship holders) – Weightage 50% of the normalized score (Maximum 50 marks)
- For Teacher Fellowship Holders those not having any score and only awarded with fellowship the 50% marks will be given as follows Academic background
- For 10th (HSC)- 5 (5 For more than 75%, 3 for 75%to 60%, 2 for less than 60%)
- For 12th (HSSC)—5 (5 For more than 75%, 3 for 75%to 60%, 2 for less than 60%)
- For Under Graduate- 20(20 For more than 75%, 15 for 75%to 60%, 10 for less than 60%)
- For Post Graduate- 20(20 For more than 75%, 15 for 75%to 60%, 10 for less than 60%)
- Candidates will appear in entrance test through their own Desktop Computer/Laptop/Mobile or from a place of their choice.
- There will be no prescribed test centre.
- Candidates would be able to take the test from a place of their choice
- Guidelines and method of answering is available separately.
All the eligible full-time research scholars of university teaching departments admitted through Online VRET and not getting any financial assistance from any funding agency will be entitled for fellowship of Rs.8000.00 per month and contingency of Rs.10000.00 per year for science/engineering students and Rs.8000.00 per year for Humanities and Social Science Students as per UGC Norms/ University Ph. D. Ordinance/regulation).
For more details and to apply online – Visit