Gujarat Biotechnology University PhD Admission 2023 – Gujarat Biotechnology University invites application for PhD admission in various disciplines for the academic year 2023-24.
Check full details on Gujarat Biotechnology University PhD Admission 2023 here.
About Gujarat Biotechnology University
Gujarat Biotechnology University (GBU), established by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of Gujarat and located in the GIFT city, Gandhinagar is India’s first Biotechnology University with a strong focus on innovation and translational research. GBU has established its foundations in partnership with University of Edinburgh for curriculum development, student visits and research collaborations. GBU imparts Postgraduate (PG) and Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) programs in Biotechnology.
Gujarat Biotechnology University PhD Programs
GBU invites applications for admission to Ph.D. programme in Biotechnology (July 2023 session) from candidates having good academic record and strong motivation, dedication and passion to pursue product-focused research in biotechnology for solving societal problems.
Students admitted to the Ph.D. program are offered six months course work covering various aspects of techniques and research methodology in biotechnology. The PhD program is interdisciplinary, with close interface between various disciplines of biological sciences. GBU has state-of-art laboratories to enable cutting edge research in the field of Animal Biotechnology, Environmental Biotechnology, Industrial Biotechnology, Medical Biotechnology and Plant Biotechnology.
- GBU offers only full-time regular Ph.D. Biotechnology program.
- No of seats: Twenty-nine (29)
- Reservation of seats: As per the Government of Gujarat guidelines.
The students admitted to the programme will have to avail the fellowship for which they have qualified as per the rules of the funding agency. GBU will have no financial liability regarding the same.
Gujarat Biotechnology University PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Online application start date
|01 July 2023
|Last date for receiving online application
|16 July 2023
|Date of publication of the list of shortlisted candidates for interview
|20 July 2023
|Date of online Interview
|25 July 2023
|Date of publishing list of selected candidates
|01 August 2023
- Candidates who have completed M.Sc./MTech or qualifications declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55 % marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification.
- A relaxation of 5% marks (from 55% to 50%) or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the UGC Guidelines.
- In addition to the above, candidates should have qualified any of the following examinations and hold a valid fellowship offer at the time of interview:
- Joint CSIR-UGC test for Junior Research Fellowship (CSIR/UGC JRF)
- Innovation in science Pursuit for Inspired Research (DST-INSPIRE)
- DBT Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF)
- ICMR Junior Research Fellowship (ICMR-JRF)
- Any other national level competitive fellowship offered by Government of India having a valid fellowship.
- Eligible Candidates can apply online through the link available at official website of GBU.
- The candidates desirous to seek admission to be required to apply on the prescribed form online.
- Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for interview.