GSET 2022: GSET 2022 Notification has been released by the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, on the GSET official website. GSET 2022 application form start on August 29, 2022. Candidates can fill out the application form and fee till September 28, 2022, on the official portal. The GSET exam 2022 will be conducted on Sunday, November 06, 2022, for 25 subjects.
Check full details on GSET 2022 like the application form, exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility, preparation tips, books, centers, and other details below here.
GSET 2022 Latest Updates
- August 29, 2022: GSET Application Form link has been active on the official website.
- August 23, 2022: Maharaja Sayajirao University has released the GSET Exam notification and GSET exam date 2022.
Related – Admission in Gujarat
GSET Exam Highlights 2022
|Exam Name||Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) 2022|
|Conducting Body||Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara|
|GSET Full-Form||Gujarat State Eligibility Test|
|Level of Examination||State Level Entrance Exam|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Post Offered||Assistant Professor|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Official Website||gujaratset. in|
What is the GSET Full Form?
The Full Form of GSET is the Gujarat State Eligibility Test.
Government of India Notification dated 22nd July 1988 regarding revised pay scales stated that only those candidates, who, besides fulfilling the minimum academic qualifications prescribed for the post of Assistant Professor / Lecturer, have qualified in a comprehensive test, to be specifically conducted for the purpose, will be eligible for appointment of Assistant Professor / Lecturer. UGC has recommended the introduction of test at entry level (Assistant Professor / Lecturer) in consultation with academicians and State education secretaries.
The test conducted by UGC and UGC/CSIR is referred as the National Eligibility Test (NET) while the equivalent test conducted by the State government is called State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) or State Eligibility Test (SET). Gujarat Government decided, in principle, to conduct SET vide Government of Gujarat Education Department Resolution No MIS-1092-New Item-10-dated 31/8/98.
The Government of Gujarat Education Department Resolution No MIS-1092-New item-10-KH dated 15/5/2000 initiated the actual implementation process for the conduct of SET in the Gujarat State.
The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda has been appointed and authorized as the Agency of the State Government to conduct State Eligibility Test for the University and college teachers of Gujarat (herein after referred as SET or GSET).
It may further be specifically understood that such a candidate who qualifies the SET would only be held eligible for being appointed as Assistant Professor in University/ affiliated college, provided he/she fulfills other academic qualifications prescribed for post of Assistant Professor by the U.G.C. and is selected by the respective Selection Committee. Unlike the NET/UGC-CSIR Combined Test the candidates who qualifies the SET is only eligible for being selected as Assistant Professor and not for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).
As per UGC guidelines, after June 2002, GSET qualified candidates shall be eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor / Lecturer only in the Universities/Colleges belonging to the State of Gujarat.
The applications are invited for the exam on the official website from August 29 to September 28, 2022.
GSET 2022 exam will be conducted on November 06, 2022.
GSET exam is conducted in the offline mode for 2 papers. To be considered for Assistant Professor, candidates must obtain minimum marks in aggregate of all two papers. Paper 1 is standard for all aspirants, whereas Paper 2 is subject-specific.
GSET 2022 Notification
GSET Notification 2022 was released by the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda in Vadodara in the notification on August 23, 2022.
GSET 2022 Important Dates
|Release of GSET 2022 Notification||August 23, 2022|
|Start of GSET 2022 Application||August 29, 2022|
|Last Date of GSET 2022 Application||September 28, 2022|
|GSET 2022 Admit Card Release||November 2022|
|GSET Exam Date 2022||November 06, 2022|
|GSET 2022 Answer Key||To be notified|
|GSET 2022 Result||To be notified|
|GSET 2022 E-Certificate||To be notified|
GSET 2022 Application Form
- The GSET application form 2022 is available from August 29, 2022, to September 28, 2022, on the official website.
- Before filling GSET application, check the GSET exam eligibility.
Steps to Apply for GSET 2022
Two Mandatory Steps for submission of Online Application Form
Step 1 – Pay Examination Fee
- Candidate has to visit GSET website: www.gujaratset.ac.in for fee payment. Examination fee and Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST), as applicable, can be paid only through online mode by Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking.
- Follow on screen instructions for payment of requisite fee and print examination fee receipt generated after successful transaction.
- Candidates should note down and preserve Order Number and SBIepay Reference ID for online registration of their application form (Step-2).
Step 2 – Register Online for GSET Examination
- Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the Scanned passport (pp) size photograph in JPEG format and should not be more than 100kb.
- Candidate has to visit the GSET website : www.gujaratset.ac.in and provide Order Number and SBIePay Reference ID to “LOGIN” his / her account for filling up the Application Form for GSET Examination by clicking “Step 2-Register Online for GSET” button available under candidate’s Login Account.
- Please fill correct information carefully in the online application form and follow the on screen instructions for filling up application form. Confirm that your Name, Fee Details, Subject, Centre, Category, Physically or Visually disability, recent passport size photo scanned in JPEG format and not be more then 100kb and all other details filled are correct. Otherwise no correction will be made after you submit the application form. Gujarat SET Office will not be responsible for loss arising out of these to the candidates.
- After successful submission and confirmation, the candidate should take printout of filled online Application Form on A-4 size paper only. It is mandatory for the candidate to keep and preserve printout of filled online Application Form with him/her for future reference.
- The payment of examination fee (step – I) and Online Registration (step – II) for GSET Examination is mandatory.
- Due to Technical or any other reason, if the Scanned passport (pp) size photograph uploaded by candidate does not appear / printed properly on Print out of Online Application form, Candidates are requested to send the Scanned passport (pp) size photograph alongwith registration details immediately on E-Mail: [email protected]
- The candidate should note that the printout of online Application Form, fee payment receipt or any other certificate or document is not required to be sent to Gujarat State Eligibility test office, Vadodara before he / she is declared as qualified in the GSET Examination.
- It may be pointed out that getting application confirmation, downloading Examination Hall Ticket and noting of seating arrangement/venue of GSET Examination from the GSET website shall be the sole responsibility of candidate only. GSET Agency will not be held responsible in this regard.
- In order to avoid last minute rush, the candidates are advised to apply early. GSET Agency will not be responsible for network problems or any other problem of this nature.
Application Fees for GSET 2022
|General/General-EWS/SEBC Non-creamy layer||INR 900/-|
GSET 2022 Exam Details
The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, administers the GSET Exam, also known as the Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET), on behalf of the Gujarat State.
In Gujarat, the exam is held in 25 subjects at 11 locations.
GSET 2022 Subjects
|Subject Code||Subject Name||Medium of Question Paper||P. G. Course||P. G. Subject(S)|
|01||Mathematical Sciences||English||M.Sc./M.A./M.Tech.(Science)||Mathematics / Mathematical Science / Statistics / Applied Mathematics/ Industrial Mathematics|
|02||Physical Sciences||English||M.Sc.||Physics / Physical Science|
|03||Chemical Sciences||English||M.Sc.||Chemistry / Chemical Science|
|04||Life Sciences||English||M.Sc./M.Tech (Science)||Life Science / Botany / Zoology / Microbiology / Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Virology / Bioinformatics / Genetics|
|08||History||English & Gujarati||M.A.||History|
|09||Sociology||English & Gujarati||M.A.||Sociology|
|10||Economics||English & Gujarati||M.A.||Economics|
|11||Political Science||English & Gujarati||M.A.||Political Science / Politics|
|13||Education||English & Gujarati||M. Ed. / M. A.||Education|
|14||Psychology||English & Gujarati||M.A.||Psychology|
|15||Library and Information Sciences||English & Gujarati||M. Lib./ M. Lis.||Library and Information Science|
|16||Law||English & Gujarati||LL. M.||Law|
|17||Commerce||English & Gujarati||M. Com.|
Or Equivalent Degree
|18||Management||English||M. B. A.|
Or Equivalent Degree
|19||Computer Science and Applications||English||M.C.A / M.Sc. M.C.S / M.E. / M. Tech or Equivalent Degree||Computer Science and Application|
|20||Earth Sciences||English||M.Sc.||Geology / Geoinformatics|
|21||Physical Education||English & Gujarati||M. P. Ed.||Physical Education|
|22||Philosophy||English & Gujarati||M.A.||Philosophy|
|23||Home Science||English & Gujarati||M.Sc. / M.A.||Home Science|
|24||Geography||English & Gujarati||M.Sc./ M.A.||Geography|
|25||Social Work||English & Gujarati||M.S.W/ M.A.||Social Work|
GSET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
GSET Age Limit
- There is no upper age limit applying in GSET for eligibility of Assistant Professor.
GSET Education Qualification
- Only those candidates are eligible to appear in the GSET who have completed / are studying in the final year of a UGC specified Master’s degree in a subject of GSET.
- The Reservation policy for GSET examination is as per the Gujarat Government. Central Government OBC certificate is not acceptable from the candidates belonging to SEBC of Gujarat State.
- The candidates of other States, i.e. other than Gujarat State, belonging to reserved category shall be treated as General category candidates.
- The candidates having Post Graduate diploma / certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or Foreign degree / diploma / certificate awarded by the Foreign University / Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma / degree / certificate, with Master’s degree of recognized Indian Universities from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (www.aiu.ac.in)
- General/Unreserved/General-EWS Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC (available on the website:https://www.ugc.ac.in) in Sciences, Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications are eligible for GSET Examination. The Socially and Educationally Backward Class (SEBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer / Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) / PwD (PH – Physically Handicapped / VH – Visually Handicapped) / Third Gender category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for GSET Examination.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or Candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for GSET Examination. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for eligibility of Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of Socially and Educationally Backward Class (SEBC) belonging to non-creamy layer / SC / ST /PwD(PH/VH) / Transgender category candidates). Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree examination within two years from the date of declaration of result of GSET Examination with required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates belonging to Third Gender category would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for GSET as are available to SC/ST categories. The subject wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD(PH/VH)/SEBC –NCL categories in the corresponding subject.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in the GSET Examination.
- The candidates must have Master’s Degree recognized by U.G.C., in a subject of GSET. Candidates are required to appear for GSET in the subject of their Post Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of GSET subjects, the candidates may appear in UGC NET / UGC – CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificate / documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form to Gujarat State Eligibility Test office, Vadodara. However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for GSET Examination. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by GSET / UGC at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled, the award / certificate will be withdrawn and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST / PwD(PH/VH) / SEBC (Cast Certificate along with latest Non – Creamy Layer certificate) / General-EWS category must possess Valid Category Certificate issued by competent authority of Gujarat state and certificates related to PwD(PH/VH). Therefore, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for GSET Examination. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by GSET / UGC at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled, GSET certificate will be withdrawn and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that Online Application Form and Examination Fee accepted and Hall Ticket issued to a candidate will not imply that GSET Agency has accepted his / her candidature. In the event a candidate being found ineligible at any stage for the award due to any reason (including unintentional computer error or printer’s devil etc.), he / she will be declared as not-qualified in GSET Examination and GSET certificate will be withdrawn.
GSET 2022 Exam Pattern
- GSET 2022 is an offline exam.
- The exam comprises two papers that will be given in two sessions on the same day, with no breaks.
- Both the papers will consist of only objective type, multiple choice questions.
- No negative marking will be used in the exam.
- The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I and Paper – II on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided.
- There is no provision of re-evaluation/re-checking of results. No correspondence in this regards shall be entertained.
GSET Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
|Section||Total Question||Total Marks||Total Time|
|Paper 1||50||100||01 hour|
|Paper 2||100||200||02 hour|
Highlights of GSET Exam Pattern
Some of the major highlights for the GSET exam pattern have been listed below:
- Name of the Exam – Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET).
- Mode of the Exam– Pen, and Paper.
- Type of Questions– Objective Type Questions (MCQ).
- Level of Exam– State Level.
- Number of Papers– 2.
- Total Number of Questions– 50 questions in Paper 1 and 100 questions in Paper 2.
- Marks per Questions– Both papers will 2 marks per question.
- Duration of the Exam– 3 hours (180 minutes) for each paper.
GSET Exam Pattern 2022 for Paper 1
- Paper 1 of the Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) is a General Paper for all the candidates focusing on (Teaching and Research Aptitude).
- Paper 1 of GSET contains 50 questions for 100 marks.
- The questions in the exam are of objective type in nature.
- Candidates will be allotted One Hour to complete the exam.
GSET Exam Pattern 2022 for Paper 2
- Paper 2 is a subject-specific paper that is chosen by the candidates.
- Paper 2 of GSET contains 100 compulsory questions for 200 marks.
- The questions in the exam are of objective type in nature.
- Candidates will be allotted two hours to complete the entrance exam.
GSET Marking Scheme
The GSET marking scheme for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 has been given below:
- For each correct question, 2 marks will be awarded.
- There is no negative marking. That means, for an incorrect answer, 0 marks will be given.
- For an unattempted question, 0 marks will be provided.
GSET 2022 Syllabus
Syllabus for GSET Examination will be the same as UGC / CSIR NET. The GSET Exam 2022 consists of two papers, paper 1 and paper 2.
For Science Subjects i.e. Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, &Earth Sciences, the syllabus is same as of the CSIR-NET. For all other subjects, the syllabus is same as of the UGC-NET.
- GSET Paper 1 consists of 50 objective-type questions, each worth two marks. The questions will be general and used to assess the candidate’s teaching/research ability, and it will primarily evaluate the candidate’s reasoning skills, understanding, divergent thinking, and public awareness.
- GSET Paper 2 will consist of 100 objective type, two-mark questions based on the candidate’s chosen subject.
GSET 2022 Syllabus of Paper 1
The following are some essential Paper-I topics that are part of the GSET Syllabus.
- Teaching Aptitude
- Research Aptitude
- Mathematical Reasoning & Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Information and Communication Technology
- People, Development and Environment
- Higher Education System
- Five questions each carrying 2 marks are to be set from each
- Whenever graphical/pictorial question(s) are set for sighted candidates, a passage followed by equal number of questions and weightage be set for visually impaired candidates.
GSET 2022 Syllabus of Paper 1 PDF (In English)
GSET 2022 Syllabus of Paper 2
Candidates will select a subject from the list of essential subjects provided below because Paper 2 is a paper that focuses on a specific subject.
|Subject||Syllabus in English Medium||Syllabus in Gujarati/ Other Language Medium|
|Mathematical Sciences (Subject Code – 01)||Download||NA|
|Physical Sciences (Subject Code – 02)||Download||NA|
|Chemical Sciences (Subject Code – 03)||Download||NA|
|Life Sciences (Subject Code – 04)||Download||NA|
|Hindi (Subject Code – 05)||NA||Download (Hindi)|
|Gujarati (Subject Code – 06)||NA||Download|
|Sanskrit (Subject Code – 07)||NA||Download (Sanskrit)|
|History (Subject Code – 08)||Download||Download|
|Sociology (Subject Code – 09)||Download||Download|
|Economics (Subject Code – 10)||Download||Download|
|Political Science (Subject Code – 11)||Download||Download|
|English (Subject Code – 12)||Download||NA|
|Education (Subject Code – 13)||Download||Download|
|Psychology(Subject Code – 14)||Download||Download|
|Library and Information Sciences (Subject Code – 15)||Download||Download|
|Law (Subject Code – 16)||Download||Download|
|Commerce (Subject Code – 17)||Download||Download|
|Management (Subject Code – 18)||Download||NA|
|Computer Science and Applications (Subject Code – 19)||Download||NA|
|Earth Sciences (Subject Code – 20)||Download||NA|
|Physical Education (Subject Code – 21)||Download||Download|
|Philosophy (Subject Code – 22)||Download||Download|
|Home Science (Subject Code – 23)||Download||Download|
|Geography (Subject Code – 24)||Download||Download|
|Social Work (Subject Code – 25)||Download||Download|
GSET Preparation Tips
- Check GSET Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
- Make study plan and time table.
- Collect study material according to syllabus.
- Study regularly according to study plan and practice questions.
- Solve question papers and take mock exams to understand the exam’s overall difficulty level.
GSET 2022 Admit Card
- The GSET Admit Card will be available for download on the official website soon.
- Candidates must input their Login Id and password to acquire their GSET admission card.
- On the day of the exam, you must print your Admit card and bring it to the exam center with you, along with a photo ID. No applicant will be allowed to take the exam without the admit card.
GSET Exam Answer Key 2022
- The GSET Answer Key 2022 will be released following the exam and posted here as soon as it is available.
- The answer key will be released as soon as the examinations are completed.
GSET 2022 Result
- The GSET exam 2022 results will be available on the official website shortly after releasing Answer Key.
- Candidates who pass the GSET Exam will be given a certificate.
GSET 2022 Exam Centers
The GSET 2022 will be held offline mode across 11 cities in Gujarat. Check the list of GSET test centers below. The details of your GSET exam center will be mentioned on the admit card. Applicants must choose their preference while filling up the GSET form 2022.
|Centre Code||Centre Name|
The official agency releases GSET Exam Cutoff criteria.
Procedure & Criteria for Declaration of Result
- Step I: The number of candidates to be qualified (total slots) for Eligibility for Assistant Professor shall be equal to 6% of the candidates appeared in both the papers of GSET.
- Step II: The total slots shall be allocated to different categories as per the reservation policy of Government of Gujarat.
- Step III: In order to be considered for Eligibility for Assistant Professor, the candidate must have appeared in both the papers and secured at least 40% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for General (Unreserved) / General-EWS category candidates and at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for all candidates belonging to the reserved categories viz., SC, ST, SEBC (belonging to Non-Creamy Layer), PWD (PH/VH) and Third Gender.
- Step IV: The number of candidates to be declared qualified in any subject for a particular category is derived as per the following methodology illustrated below:
Number of candidates to be declared qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor in the subject ‘Economics’ (say) for the Scheduled Caste (SC) category = (Number of candidates belonging to SC category who secure at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for SC category for ‘Economics’ ×Total slots derived for SC category as per Step II) ÷ Total number of candidates belonging to SC category over all subjects who secure at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together.
Similar allocation procedure is used for all subjects and categories.
- After the GSET 2022 Result is announced, all qualified candidates will get the GSET e-certificate.
- It is important to note that the GSET agency will issue only E-certificates to the qualifying candidates.
- Printed / hard copy of the certificate will not be published/sent to any successful candidate.
- Candidates who are qualified or not qualified will not receive a mark sheet.
|GSET 2022 Notification||Click Here|
|Information Bulletin GSET 2022||Click Here|
|GSET Application Form||Click Here|
|Admission in Gujarat||Admission in Gujarat|