Gauhati University PhD Admission 2022 – Gauhati University (GU) invites applications for PhD admission through GU Research Eligibility Test (GU-RET) 2022 of Gauhati University for the academic session 2022-23.
Check full details on Gauhati University PhD Admission 2022 below here.
Gauhati University PhD Programs
For the academic year 2022-23, the MPhil / PhD programme will be offered in the following 48 (forty eight) disciplines.
The vacancy positions shown against each discipline is indicative ONLY. All prospective applicants are strongly suggested to to contact the respective department to see if the subject area where a vacancy is indicated, is suitable OR not.
In some disciplines (particularly in Science & Technology departments), PhD applicants are required to have prior expertise in certain areas in order for enrollment in the PhD programme.
|English Language Teaching||PhD||04|
|Library & Information Science||PhD||02|
|MIL & LS||PhD||14|
|Bioengineering and Technology||PhD||05|
|Psychiatric Social Work||PhD||09|
|Psychiatric Social Work||MPhil||05|
Gauhati University PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Opening of Central Application Process (CAP)||11 July, 2022 (after 5:00 PM)|
|Closing of Central Application Process (CAP) Revised||03 August, 2022 (Midnight 12:00)|
|GURET 2022 Admit Card will be available on||23 August, 2022 onwards|
|Publication of list of Exempted Applicants||22 August, 2022|
|GURET 2022 Exam Date||27 August, 2022|
|Merit Lists Declaration||07 September, 2022|
|Counselling (in person)||12 & 13 September, 2022|
|Admission (online)||16 September, 2022|
|Coursework Starts (in person)||19 September, 2022|
Eligibility Criteria for Gauhati University PhD Admission 2022
- Postgraduate Degree of GU or from any recognized university or institute in a subject in the Faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce, Management, Law, Technology, Fine Arts, Engineering, and Medicine or other professional subjects of GU with minimum 55 (fifty five) percent of marks or equivalent grade in the concerned subject.
- Minimum marks for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates or a differently-abled candidate (with equal to or more than 40% disability) is 50% or equivalent grade.
- In the case of Medical Sciences, the rules of the Medical Council of India/Indian Nursing Council/Rehabilitation Council of India/ recommendation of Faculty of Medicine for Clinical Courses shall be followed (where necessary).
- An applicant who is in a service (either permanent or temporary or part-time) should have a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer before admission can be allowed.
Admission into the Autumn Session of the PhD Programme Programme of Gauhati University for the academic session 2022-23 is a three-tier process
- The Central Application Process (CAP)
- GURET 2022
GURET (GU Research Eligibility Test) is the first screening test after the Central Application Process (CAP) for admission into the PhD Programmes of GU, unless an applicant qualifies for an exemption.
Structure, Timing & Marking
- The GURET 2022 will held in offline mode on Sunday, 27 August, 2022.
- The duration of the examination will be 120 minutes (2 hours), in which the applicant has to answer 100 MCQ.
- For every right answer, 4 marks will be awarded and for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
- There will no marking for un-attempted questions.
- The syllabus for the GURET 2022 will be that of the concerned Master’s subject. The syllabi for all Master’s Courses can be found here.
Exemption from GURET 2022
- Recipient of CSIR/UGC-JRF, ICMR-JRF, ICAR-JRF, DBT-JRF and any National Level Fellowship / Scholarship (awarded for the PhD programme by a National Agency, such as INSPIRE Fellowship, MHRD etc.) are exempted from appearing in the GURET 2022. Eligible International Students are also exempted from appearing in the GURET 2022.
- An exempted applicant will necessarily have to go through the process of Counselling before she/he can be admitted into the PhD Program.
- The final admission of exempted applicants into the PhD programme will be limited to a maximum of 50% (fifty percent) of total admitted applicants in any discipline in any academic year. Therefore, a candidate who is exempted from GURET may appear in GURET for admission through GURET, if the candidate is unable to get a seat out of the 50% seats.
After GURET 2022
- The university will publish a merit list for each subject (in this website only) based on the performance of the student in the GURET 2022.
- The merit list will be considered by each department for counselling.
- The final list of selected candidates will be prepared by concerned Departmental Research Committee (DRC) and will be uploaded on the website of GU.
Gauhati University PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online only through the official website https://gauhati.ac.in/ & https://admissions.gauhati.ac.in/
- Application process for GU-RET 2022 is conducted through a Central Application Process (CAP).
- Application Fee – Rs. 1500/- + Bank Charge
- Mode of Payment – Online
Gauhati University PhD Admission 2022 Results
List of Exempted Applicants
PhD Admission – Rank List is available now.
- Applied Sciences
- Bioengineering & Technology
- Business Administration
- Environmental Science
- Folklore Research
- Foreign Languages
- Geological Science
- Information Technology
- Instrumentation & USIC
- Library and Information Science
- MIL & LS
- Political Science
- Candidates may apply for photocopy of OMR sheets by paying Rs.500.00 through “SBI Collect Other Option of Gauhati University which is available in website of GU” on or before 10/09/2022. Applications including RTI will not be accepted after 10/09/2022. Documents to be submitted in hard copy to the office of the Academic Registrar as follows:
- Admit card of GURET-2022
- Money receipt of application fee of Rs.1500.00 which was paid during online application.
- Money receipt of Rs.500.00 which is to be paid through “SBI Collect Other Option of Gauhati University which is available in website of GU”.
- Print out of the online application form.
- Concerned department will notify the list of candidates for counselling in the GU website.
- This is a provisional list and final list will be prepared by the concerned department after Counselling.
- Exempted JRF and all other eligible candidates are directed to submit their relevant documents to the concerned department on the day of counselling. The Final list of selected candidate(s) under ‘exempted category’ of each department will be prepared by the concerned department.
- Those candidates who are in employment must submit ‘NOC’ from competent during counselling.
- Counselling Lists and Final Selection Lists will be published on the same website.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Gauhati University Website||Click Here|
|Admissions in Assam||Admissions in Assam|
|Latest PhD Admissions||Latest PhD Admissions|
Gauhati University PhD Admission 2021
Available PhD Programs
|Communication & Journalism||01|
|English Language Teaching||01|
|Library & Information Science||01|
|MIL & LS||15|
Science & Technology
|Bioengineering and Technology||02|
|Instrumentation & USIC||04|
Commerce, Law, & Medical
|Psychiatric Social Work||05|
|Psychiatric Social Work||08|
Gauhati University PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
|Opening of Central Application Process (CAP)||23 October 2021|
|Closing of Central Application Process (CAP)||08 November 2021|
|GURET 2021 Admit Card will be available on||09 November 2021|
|GURET 2021 Exam Date||28 November 2021|
|Merit Lists Declaration||09 December 2021|
|Date of Counselling||11 – 17 December 2021|
|Online Admission||20 December 2021|