COAP 2023: IIT Kharagpur has started the COAP 2023 registration. COAP the Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP) for admission to MTech programs at various IITs. For admission to MTech programs at NITs and IIITs, candidates need to register for CCMT 2023.
Candidates with valid GATE scores from 2021, 2022, or 2023 are eligible to apply for GATE COAP counselling 2023. The round 1 seat allotment is expected to be conducted from 20 May to 22 May, 2023 tentatively.
Check full details on GATE COAP 2023 Counselling, important dates, the registration process, eligibility criteria, participating institutes, and other related information here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
What is COAP?
Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP) is a common platform for candidates to enter their preferred choice of engineering branch or institute for admission to an MTech Programme or job offer from participating Public Sector Units (PSUs).
The Common Offer Acceptance Portal or COAP was initiated in 2017 to provide a common platform for the registered candidates seeking admission to take the most preferred choice for admission into an M.Tech. Programme in participating Institutes, or job offer from participating Public Sector Units (PSUs). While eight institutes (IIT Bombay, IIT Bhubaneswar, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Indore, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Roorkee) were involved in COAP-2017, over the years, more than twenty-four institutes and a PSU have come together and participated in COAP for filling their M.Tech. seats or job vacancies.
Every year, the GATE organizing institute of the preceding year acts as the coordinating institute for COAP.
COAP 2023 Coordinating Institute
IIT Kharagpur is the coordinating institute for COAP 2023.
COAP 2023 Participating Institutes
The participating institutes are:
- IISc Bangalore,
- IIT Bhilai,
- IIT Bhubaneshwar,
- IIT BHU,
- IIT Bombay,
- IIT Delhi,
- IIT Dharwad,
- IIT Goa,
- IIT Guwahati,
- IIT Hyderabad,
- IIT Indore,
- IIT (ISM) Dhanbad,
- IIT Jammu,
- IIT Jodhpur,
- IIT Kanpur,
- IIT Kharagpur,
- IIT Madras,
- IIT Mandi,
- IIT Palakkad,
- IIT Patna,
- IIT Roorkee,
- IIT Ropar,
- IIT Gandhinagar
- IIT Tirupati
COAP 2023 Salient Features
- COAP refers to Common Offer Acceptance Portal, on which all Participating Institutes / PSU’s will upload their offers in a common time window as specified.
- The registered candidates can access the admission / job offers by registering at COAP from all the participating institutes / PSU’s where they have applied for M.Tech. Admissions / Jobs.
- For admission into M.Tech program in any of the participating institutes or applying for a job in any participating PSU, every candidate should also apply to the corresponding Institute/ PSU.
- To understand the mechanism of looking at all the available offers and making a specific choice out of the offers, the candidates are advised to read the guidelines and then register at COAP 2023.
- COAP is not an Application Portal for M.Tech. admission for any participating institute. Candidates should apply separately to the respective Institute(s) for M.Tech admission / PSU for the job.
- Each participating Institute / PSU will follow the selection procedure as per the norms and guidelines of the individual Institute/PSU.
- To access and take a decision on the most preferred choice out of the offers (if any) made by participating Institute(s), each candidate should register at COAP.
- COAP registration is completely free. Note that providing COAP registration number is mandatory to applying in any participating institute for their M.Tech. programs.
GATE COAP 2023 Dates
Tentative schedule for Main Rounds of offers
|Round No||Time window for candidates to view offers and take a decision||Accept & Freeze Options||Retain & Wait Options||Reject & Wait Options|
|1||May 20 (10:00 AM) to May 22 (09:00 AM)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|2||May 27 (10:00 AM) to May 29 (09:00 AM)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|3||June 3 (10:00 AM) to June 5 (09:00 AM)||Yes||Yes/ No*||Yes|
|4||June 10 (10:00 AM) to June 12 (09:00 AM)||Yes||Yes/ No*||Yes|
|5||June 17 (10:00 AM) to June 19 (09:00 AM)||Yes||No||Yes|
No, if you have already used Retain & Wait on the same offer twice. Same offer refers to the program “XYZ” of a particular Institute “ABC”.
Tentative schedule for Additional Rounds of offers
|Round No||Time window for candidates to view offers and take a decision||Accept & Freeze Options||Reject & Wait Options|
|6||June 23 (06:00 PM) to June 25 (09:00 AM)||Yes||Yes|
|7||June 28 (06:00 PM) to June 30 (09:00 AM)||Yes||Yes|
|8||July 03 (06:00 PM) to July 05 (09:00 AM)||Yes||Yes|
|9||July 08 (06:00 PM) to July 10 (09:00 AM)||Yes||Yes|
|**10||July 14 (06:00 PM) to July 15 (09:00 AM)||Yes||Yes*|
**Only for those institutes which would like to continue beyond Round 9.
*Only if there are no more additional rounds.
Each one of the Additional Rounds 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 is a Decisive Round.
A few more Additional Rounds may be announced in due course in case IITs would like to fill their vacant seats, if there is any.
GATE COAP Eligibility 2023
- The applicant must be of Indian nationality.
- Candidates should have valid GATE scores (Qualified in GATE 2023/2022/2021).
- Apart from fulfilling the COAP eligibility criteria, applicants must also satisfy the eligibility requirements of the IITs for which they have applied.
- Candidates who have more than one legitimate GATE score must input the highest score upon registration, but data regarding the other scores will be requested as well.
- If you have a GATE score of 2023 on more than one paper, you must give information on all of your results.
GATE COAP Registration Process 2023
The detailed registration process for GATE COAP 2023 is as follows –
- To register for COAP 2023, a candidate must have the following data
- GATE Registration number(s),
- Date of birth,
- Email ID and
- Mobile number.
- Only those candidates who have qualified in GATE 2023/2022/2021 and wish to apply for M.Tech. admission in any of the participating institutes / job offers in PSUs are eligible to register at COAP 2022. After successful completion of registration at COAP, a candidate will be able to access information on offers made by the participating Institutes. Offers will be uploaded by the participating Institutes / PSU’s at COAP and will be tagged with COAP registration number.
- Registration will only be successful, when a candidate completes the log-in procedure with the help of the input received via Email / SMS.
- Candidates are advised to enter all the valid and qualified GATE registration number assigned to them in the years 2023, 2022 and 2021 while Registration or in the Applicant Details section.
- Candidates need to click on the Register Now button to complete the registration process. The application process to COAP 2023 is complete only after clicking the Final Submit button during the first-time login to the candidate’s login account.
The first stage in the COAP 2023 process is registration. The registration link for COAP 2023 is open from March 18, 2023. Go to COAP 2023 Application Portal: https://coap.iitkgp.ac.in/coap
- For new registration: Click Register
- If you have already registered in COAP 2023 then login with your credential received in Email/SMS
- For password recovery: Click Forgot Password
For New Registration:
- Enter details of the GATE Paper(s) and click Register Now
- You can Add Row for more GATE Papers
- At least one GATE Paper registration number is needed to register in COAP
- You can add more GATE Papers later after registration also
After successful registration, use your COAP ID and password to login
Click Dashboard to view Application details at all Institutes and registered GATE paper(s) in COAP.
You can also delete additional added rows for GATE Papers.
When you are completely satisfied with your entries, Click Final Submit.
Data cannot be modified further after you Click Final Submit.
How to Check Admission Offers through GATE COAP 2023 Portal?
The steps to check the admission offers using GAT COAP Portal are mentioned for your reference:
- Step 1. Go to the GATE COAP 2023 portal and log in using your credentials.
- Step 2. Click the button that says “Seat Allotment” button.
- Step 3. The institute-wise status of seat allotment for reach institute you had applied to, will appear on your screen. Based on the same, you can choose to “Accept and Freeze”, “Retain and Wait” or “Reject and Wait” the admission offers.
How to Accept Seat Allotment Through GATE COAP 2023?
Candidates will be given the below option after the seat allotment offers. Candidates who have not been allotted any seat will have to wait for subsequent rounds for the allotment.
Accept & Freeze
- Step 1: Candidates are required to select the option about when they want to accept the allotted seat and do not want up-gradation in any subsequent rounds of seat allotment.
- Step 2:Those who select this option will not be considered for any seat allotment or upgrading offers in any subsequent rounds of admission
- Step 3: Candidates after selecting this option have to click on the “Submit” button and visit the website of the allotted institutes for further admission process.
Retain & Wait
- Step 1: Candidates have to select this option when they want to accept the allotted seat but also want to be considered for upgrading in subsequent seat allotment rounds.
- Step 2: Those selecting this option will not be considered for the other rejected offers in the current round and also if any higher preferred offer is made in the next round then the existing ‘Retain and Wait’ offer will get cancelled.
- Step 3: Candidates selecting this option have to click on the “Submit” button and check the website of the allotted institutes for further admission process.
Reject & Wait
- All candidates who will be selecting this option means they do not want to accept any of the allotted seats but will be considered for subsequent rounds of seat allotment.
- Candidates have to click on the “Submit” button to confirm their choice.
- ‘Reject’ option gives a final round of COAP whereas the “Reject and Wait” option would imply “Reject” as there will be no more rounds of seat allotment.
- This option should be selected by the candidate when they do not want to accept any seat offered to them during GATE COAP 2023.