Dr Hari Singh Gour University PhD Admission 2022-23 – Dr Hari Singh Gour University, Sagar (MP) invites application for admission in various Ph.D. programmes for the session 2022-23.
Check more details on Dr Hari Singh Gour University PhD Admission 2022-23 such as important dates, application process, eligibility and more below here.
DHSGSU Sagar PhD Programs
Department Wise Seats for the Admission in Ph.D. Programmes:
|Name of Departments||No of Seats|
|Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archeology||02|
|Computer Science & Applications||02|
|Journalism & Mass Communication||03|
|Library & Information Science||04|
|Mathematics & Statistics||10|
|Political Science & Public Administration||04|
|Sociology & Social Work||06|
Categories of PhD Candidates
- Full Time PhD Candidates
- Part-time PhD
- Part-time candidates (Internal)
- Part-time candidates (External)
Dr Hari Singh Gour University PhD Admission 2022-23 Important Dates
|Opening of the online portal||07 July, 2022|
|Last Date of receiving of the Online Application||03 August, 2022|
|Editing in the Application Form by the candidate||04-06 August, 2022|
|Dates of Entrance Test (Tentative)||11 September|
|Display of Answer Key on the University Website||14 September, 2022|
|Results of the Entrance Test||05 October, 2022|
|Ph.D. Interview (By the respective Head of the Department)||17 – 29 October, 2022|
|Final Ph.D. Result||November, 2022|
- Master’s degree in the concerned/relevant/allied subject with minimum 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CGPA or equivalent Grade.
- A relaxation of 5% marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PWD. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace marks.
Dr Hari Singh Gour University PhD Admission 2022-23 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online through University website www.dhsgsu.edu.in/admission or http://admissions.iumssagaruniv.com
- Read instructions carefully given there before filling application form.
|For Unreserved, EWS, OBC-NCL Candidates||Rs.1000/-|
|For SC and ST candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|For PWD candidates||NIL|
If a candidate applies for more than one programme/code (PHDET) then the fee for each additional programme will be Rs. 500 for Unreserved, EWS, OBC-NCL candidates and Rs. 250 for SC and ST candidates and Rs. NIL for PWD candidates.
- Admission to PhD Programme shall be of the two-stage process
- Entrance Test
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET / JRF, CSIR NET / JRF shall be exempted from appearing in the Entrance Test. However, they have to apply through www.dhsgsu.ac.in or http://admissions.iumssagaruniv.com up to the last date of filling of the online form.
- The Teacher Fellowship/Person relating to higher educations shall also be exempted from appearing in the Entrance Test. However, they have to apply through www.dhsgsu.ac.in or http://admissions.iumssagaruniv.com upto the last date of filling of the online form. However they have to produced sponsorship certificate from parent institution at the time of admission
- Appearance in the interview is mandatory for the candidates who will qualify in the Entrance Test as well as the candidates who will be exempted from the Entrance Test.
- The Entrance Test shall consist of Written Exam of 100 questions of 70 marks having 2 parts.
- Part ‘A’ –There will be 50 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) of 0.7 Marks each related to Research Methodology.
- Part ‘B’ –There will be 50 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) of 0.7 Marks each related to the concerned subject.
- The qualifying marks of the Entrance Test shall be 50% of the total marks of the Entrance Test.
- A relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks shall be granted to SC/ST and PWD candidates.
Entrance Test Centre
- The University will conduct Ph.D. Entrance Test – 2022-23 at Sagar center only i.e. Dr. Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar (MP).
- The information regarding Venue will be intimated through Admit Card.
- The candidate has to download his/her ADMIT CARD Online (www.dhsgsu.edu.in) or (http://admissions.iumssagaruniv.com). Admit Card shall not be sent by post.
- The downloaded admit card will bear the relevant information namely, Name of the Candidate, Father’s name, Roll No., Name of the test Centre, photograph, signature, date of birth, address, subject and subject code(s) for appearing in the Entrance Test.
- The detailed syllabus of Entrance Test- 2022 for each of the Ph.D. Program is available on university website: www.dhsgsu.edu.in
Results of Entrance Test
- The results of various Ph.D. programmes will be made available on the University website.
- The results will be prepared by resolving the grievances regarding the questions and answers submitted by the candidates within given time. After that, no grievances shall be entertained regarding the results.
- University reserves the right to prescribe/modify the minimum qualifying marks of these Entrance Tests of different courses/subjects/programmes before interview.
- An interview of the candidates who qualify in the Entrance Test as well as the candidates who are exempted from appearing in the Entrance Test, will be conducted by the concerned Department.
- The candidates will be required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted Departmental Research Committee (DRC).
- An Interview shall be of 30 marks for other than the candidates exempted from appearing in Entrance Test and of 100 marks for the candidates exempted from appearing in the Entrance Test.
Preparation of Merit list for Admission to PhD Programmes
- For candidates who are required to appear in the Entrance Test :– The merit will be prepared on the basis of marks secured in Entrance Test (70 marks) plus Interview (30 marks) i.e. out of 100 marks.
- The merit of candidates exempted for Entrance Test will be prepared on the basis of 100 marks of the interview.
- Thereafter, a final combined merit will be prepared on the basis of 100 marks as mentioned above, for admission to Ph.D. Programme.
|Ph.D. Admission Notice 2022-2023||Click Here|
|Ph.D. Admission Brochure 2022-2023||Click Here|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|DHSGSU Sagar Website||Click Here|
Dr Hari Singh Gour University PhD Admission 2021-22
|Opening of the online portal||20 August 2021|
|Last Date of receiving of the Online Application||09 September 2021|
|Date of Qualifying Entrance Examination||will be intimated later|
|Results to be published on||will be intimated later|
Available PhD Programs
|Name of Departments||No of Seats|
|Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archeology||3|
|Computer Science & Applications||5|
|English and other European languages||8|
|General & Applied Geography||11|
|Journalism & Mass Communication||4|
|Library & Information Science||7|
|Mathematics & Statistics||15|
|Political Science & Public Administration||6|
|Sociology & Social Work||8|