DBT-inStem PhD Admission 2022: The Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (DBT-inStem), an Autonomous Research Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, invites online applications for admission to the Ph.D. program.
Check full details on DBT-inStem PhD Admission 2022 here.
- The Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (DBT-inStem), an Autonomous Research Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- DBT-inStem is a state-of-the-art research institute in Bangalore, India, dedicated to studying stem cells and regenerative biology with translational emphasis.
- The institute is built on a core of collaborative research with a thematic focus. inStem’s mandate to allow this cross-disciplinary, multi-pronged approach to research straddles the divide between clinical and laboratory research.
Current research themes include the following:
- 1. Cardiovascular development and disease mechanisms
- 2. Chemical biology approaches for stem cells and therapeutics
- 3. Mechanisms regulating barrier tissue homeostasis
- 4. Modelling neurodevelopment and disease
- 5. Metabolic regulation of cell fate
Available PhD Program
Students admitted to the inStem Ph.D. program are registered at Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB), 3rd Milestone, Faridabad-Gurgaon Expressway, Faridabad, Haryana-121001, established by the Department of Biotechnology under the support of UNESCO and recognized through a special act of the Indian Parliament as an Institute of National Importance.
DBT-inStem PhD Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate with a Master’s degree from a recognized institution in any area of science and technology, or a Bachelor of Medicine or Technology or an equivalent degree from a recognized University or institution, is eligible to apply. Minimum qualifying marks will be at least 55% in their highest University examination.
- Candidates should have qualified for a currently valid (as on 02 January 2023) Research Fellowship from DBT/ CSIR / UGC / ICMR / DST/ INSPIRE or any other equivalent national level examination (e.g., JGEEBILS).
- Eligible candidates that meet the screening committee’s shortlisting criteria will be called for interviews in December 2022.
- Candidates are advised to fill in their correct and active e-mail addresses in the online application, as all correspondence will be made by the institute through e-mail only.
- Final selection is based on performance in the interviews.
- Only those candidates selected through interviews will receive an offer letter for admission to the Ph.D. program at DBT-inStem. The expected date of joining is 02 January 2023.
DBT-inStem PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Website opens for online submission of applications||14 November 2022|
|Last date for submission of online applications||05 December 2022 (05pm IST)|
|PhD interview (online mode)||12-14 December 2022|
|Start date of the PhD session||02 January 2023|
DBT-inStem PhD Admission 2022 Application Form
- To apply for the program, interested candidates may log into DBT-inStem website.
- Read instructions carefully before filling application form.
- Incomplete applications shall be summarily rejected, and no correspondence shall be entertained.
- Institute will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of furnishing incorrect and incomplete details in the application or omission.
- If it is found later that any information given in the application is incorrect/false, the candidature is liable to be cancelled/terminated.
- The candidature will be cancelled at any time if the candidate is not eligible as per norms.