Dayalbagh Educational Institute PhD Admission 2023: Application Form, Dates, Entrance
Dayalbagh Educational Institute PhD Admission 2023 – Dayalbagh Educational Institute, (Deemed to be University) Agra invites application for Research Entrance Test (RET) for admissions to PhD Program for the academic session 2023 (March).
Check full details on Dayalbagh Educational Institute PhD Admission 2023 below here.
Dayalbagh Educational Institute PhD Programs
PhD RET March 2023 for admission to PhD program will be conducted in following disciplines only –
- Music – (Vocal & Sitar & Tabla),
- Home Science,
- Drawing & Painting ,
- Dept. Foundation & Pedagogical Science,
- Electrical Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Applied Business Economics,
- Computer Science,
- Economics and Management.
Such candidates, who have obtained P.G. degree in some other, or a more specialized, area/discipline, are required to indicate one of the above disciplines that is closest to their area of research interest, and with their P.G. degree/specialization. They are advised to indicate the discipline in their application form itself. Such candidates will be required to qualify PhD RET in the said discipline only, failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
Eligibility Criteria for Dayalbagh Educational Institute PhD Admission 2023
- Master’s degree in the concerned subject with at least 55% in the aggregate or equivalent CGPA 5.5/10 in the qualifying examination (first post-graduate degree).
- For candidates with Engineering discipline: B.Tech or an equivalent Engineering degree with at least 75% marks, or equivalent CGPA of 7.5/10, or 90 percentile or more in G.A.T.E. (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering), with at least one year relevant professional experience or one published paper in a standard journal.
- There shall be a relaxation of 5% marks (or equivalent grade point average) for Scheduled Castes (SC)/Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ Physically Challenged (PC) candidates in the minimum marks (or CGPA) required in the qualifying examination.
- In case, a large number of applications are received by a department, only a limited number of candidates will be called for Ph.D. Research Entrance Test (RET) from the list prepared on the basis of marks (or CGPA) obtained in various pre-qualifying and/or qualifying examinations.
Dayalbagh Educational Institute PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Last Date for Receiving Online Application Forms||01st March 2022|
|Date of Research Entrance Test||26 March 2023|
|Result of PhD RET-March, 2023 will be declared by||05 April 2023|
|Registration & Fees Submission will take place on||06-20 April 2023|
Dayalbagh Educational Institute PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online only through official website www.dei.ac.in
- Before applying for PhD programme , please see website for availability of seats for PhD program or contact to Head of department of related to your subject/Ph.D. Area.
- The Ph.D. RET written exam will be of 50 marks, and the interview will be of 18 marks.
- Final merit list will be made out of a total of 100 marks
- Entrance Test – 50 Marks
- Interview – 18 Marks
- Innovative Test – 20 Marks
- Innovative Test – 20 Marks
- CCA – 12 Marks.
- The Candidates after qualifying the entrance test will be called for Innovative test in 2nd round.
- For those candidates who are Ph.D. RET Exempted, the interview marks will be multiplied by 3.33 to bring all candidates on a common scale of 0 to 100.
- For the interview, the candidates are required to produce their all relevant original certificates, such as, NSS, Games & Sports, other co-curricular activities, Community service, Additional Academic Qualification, Participation in Workshops/Seminars/Conferences, Publications in journals/proceedings, etc.
Exemption from Ph.D. Research Entrance Test (RET)
- A candidate who fulfils one of the following requirements may be considered for admission to Ph.D. without appearing in the Ph.D. RET. However, they will have to appear for the interview and obtain minimum marks (to be specified) in the interview.
- A candidate who has qualified National Eligibility Test as NET-JRF (Junior Research Fellowship). However, candidates qualifying NET-LS (National Eligibility Test for Lectureship), or SLET (State Level Eligibility Test), only, shall not be eligible for Ph.D. RET Exemption.
- A permanent teacher of the Institute with post-graduate qualification and at least two published papers in a standard journal or two full papers in reputed conference proceedings.
- M.Phil. students of DEI who have qualified RET of DEI for admission into M.Phil., are exempted from appearing in RET for PhD admission in DEI.
- Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) will be considered for admission to discipline under Faculty of Engineering only.
- A candidate who is a recipient of fellowships of government/semi-government organizations such as Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), University Grants Commission (UGC), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Defiance Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Department of Biotechnology (DBT), and similar national-level organizations, which are awarded through an All India selection procedure conducted by the agency/organization concerned. However, candidates selected in the research project funded by such organizations shall not be considered under Ph.D. RET exempted category.
- Those candidates of the Institute who have
- (A) been awarded Director’s Medal in their post– graduate qualifying examination (such as MA/M.Com. etc.)
- (B) passed the post–graduate qualifying examination from respective departments of DEI, and
- (C) scored CGPA of 9.0/10 may be granted direct admission to the Ph.D. Programme.
- In the absence of an applicant with Director’s Medal, the best candidate of the discipline concerned satisfying criteria (B) and (C) may be considered, subject to availability of seats.
- Number of seats in such cases shall be treated as supernumerary subject to a maximum 20% of the total available seats. But it is mandatory that candidates eligible for direct admission must apply within the stipulated time frame as per notification.
Dayalbagh Educational Institute Research Entrance Test (RET) 2023 Details
|Exam Date & Timing||26 March 2023, Sunday|
|Exam Timing||Written Test – 9 am – 10.30 am, |
Interviews – 11.30 am onwards
[Reporting Time for students at examination centre at 08:30 am]
- The written test will be of 50 minutes duration and will have the following 2 sections:
- Section A – It will cover the Questions of research methodology (25 questions of 1 marks each).
- Section B – Subject related questions of specialized nature related to particular discipline of Faculty. (25 questions of 1 marks each).
- All the questions will be of multiple-choice in nature and there is no negative marking.
|DEI Agra Website||Click Here|
|Latest PhD Admissions||PhD Admissions|
|Admissions in Uttar Pradesh||Admissions in Uttar Pradesh|
Dayalbagh Educational Institute PhD Admission 2022
|Last Date for Receiving Online Application Forms||01 March 2022|
|Date of Research Entrance Test||27 March 2021 (Sunday)|
|Result of Ph.D. RET-March, 2020 will be declared by||05 April 2022|
|Registration & Fees Submission will take place on||06 -15 April 2022|
Dayalbagh Educational Institute PhD Admission 2021
|Last Date for Receiving Online Application Forms||01 March 2021|
|Date of Research Entrance Test||14 March 2021 [Sunday]|
|Result of Ph.D. RET-March, 2020 will be declared by||31 March 2021|
|Registration & Fees Submission will take place on||01 to 10 April 2021|