CSJMU Kanpur PhD Admission 2023 – Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, formerly Kanpur University, a state university in Uttar Pradesh invites application for PhD Admission 2023.
Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University conducted Entrance Test (CSJMU-ET) for PhD admission.
PhD Entrance Result is available now.
Check more details on CSJMU Kanpur PhD Admission 2023 such as courses offered, eligibility criteria, application process and more below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
CSJMU Kanpur PhD Courses
List of Subjects with Tentative Number of PhD Seats in 2023
|9||COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING||2|
|10||DEFENCE AND STRATEGIC STUDIES/ MILITARY STUDIES||2|
|11||DRAWING & PAINTING||2|
|15||ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATIONS||1|
|20||JOURNALISM AND MASS COMMUNICATION||2|
|22||LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCES||3|
|24||SOCIAL WORK/LIFE LONG LEARNING AND EXTENSION||2|
|27||MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY||1|
|38||SOIL SCIENCE AGRICULTURE||1|
|42||DEEN DAYAL SHODH KENDRA||2|
Eligibility Criteria for CSJMU Kanpur PhD Admission 2023
The candidates should have Master’s degree or a professional degree (M.Tech./LL.M./M.D./M.S. degree) in the subjects, declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate (or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 10- point scale or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and Economically Weaker Section (EWS) candidates.
Students appearing for final year or final semester of their post-graduate degree examination will also be eligible to appear for the admission process subject to the fulfilment of eligibility criteria in the final result thereof.
CSJMU Kanpur PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Commencement of Online application||June 08, 2023|
|Website closure for submission of online application (Extended)||July 24, 2023|
|Date of CSJMU-ET (Entrance Test)||July 30, 2023|
|Key Upload date||August 01, 2023|
|Grievances Acceptance||August 01 – August 03, 2023|
|Declaration of CSJMU-ET Entrance Result||August 16, 2023|
|Commencement of subject-wise interviews for screening||August 21 – August 30, 2023|
|Declaration of Final results||September 10, 2023|
|Admission and Counselling||September 14, 2023|
|Orientation Programme and Commencement of Classes||September 20, 2023|
CSJMU Kanpur PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- The Ph.D. Application form has to be filled online for admission to the Ph.D. Program.
- The Online Application form will be filled by all the candidates. Candidates in exempted category & non-exempted category would be required to fill the application form and submit the required fee.
- Before applying online, candidates are required to keep ready the following documents in JPEG format for uploading as per the prescribed size:
- Soft copy of colour photograph
- Soft copy of signature
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- 10th & 12th level Mark sheets
- UG Mark sheet and Degree Certificate
- PG Mark sheet and Degree Certificate
- Mark sheet of previous semester(s) for candidates appearing in the qualifying degree exam
- UGC(NET-JRF)/ CSIR(NET-JRF)/ GPAT/GATE-MHRD Scholarship/ Teacher Fellowship/DBT/ICMR/ICAR/SLET score card
- Certificate regarding physical limitation for PwD and letter of undertreating for using own-scribe (if applicable) available on the website.
|General / EWS and OBC category||Rs. 2500/-|
|SC/ST and PwD Category||Rs. 1500/-|
- The University shall admit Ph.D. students through an entrance test named as “Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University Entrance Test (CSJMU-ET)” for Ph.D. admission.
- The admission shall be based on the criteria with 70% weightage to the Entrance test and 30% weightage to the performance in the interview/viva-voce.
- A candidate seeking admission to the PhD programme shall be required to secured at least 50% marks in CSJMU ET. There will be 5% relaxation in marks for OBC/SC/ST candidates i.e. 45% will be qualifying marks for OBC/SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates have to report for interview at the stipulated date and time which will be declared on the University purpose website. No individual letter would be issued for this purpose.
- Candidates who qualify the CSJMU ET and appear the interview will be considered for the final merit.
- The overall merit list would be prepared on basis of marks obtained in the written test and interview. This list would be displayed on the University’s website.
Exemptions from the Entrance Test
The following categories of candidates shall be exempted from the Entrance Test for admission to PhD programme (However, applicants must fill out the admission form) –
- Candidates who have secured grants for research such as fellowship/ scholarship/ associateship etc. from UGC(JRF)/ CSIR(JRF) / GATE-MHRD Scholarship / Teacher Fellowship / DBT/ GPAT/ICMR/ICAR fellowship or equivalent national level fellowship (as identified by RDC).
- International students (including NRIs) which shall be subject to the general rules framed by the Government of India from time to time and as applicable to the University with regard to the admission, fees etc.
- Serving Army, Navy and Air-force Officers of at least Colonel or equivalent rank with not less than 15 years of service applying for Ph.D. degree in Defence and Strategic Studies.
No Exemption from Entrance Test
- Permanent Assistant Professors, Associate Professors and Professors having appointment on regular posts in the teaching departments of the University or a government college / government aided college affiliated / associated to the University who have completed their probation successfully would be required to appear in the entrance examination. Weightage of 10% would be given for these candidates.
- Full time teachers of the self-financed courses run by the University/affiliated colleges on long term contract with at least three years of teaching experience in the university/college would be required to appear in the entrance examination. Weightage of 10% would be given for these candidates.
Note: In case, number of candidates passing JRF or Entrance examination (final merit) are more than the number of vacancies in a particular subject, their marks in post-Graduation will be taken into account to decide the merit for their admission in Ph.D. programme.
CSJMU Kanpur PhD Entrance Test Pattern
- Entrance Test will contain 70 multiple-choice objective-type questions of 1 marks each (maximum 70 marks) and shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific of 90 min duration for assessing subject expertise, and subject proficiency and subject knowledge.
- There shall be negative marking. On each wrong answer, 1/4 mark will be deducted.
- The Entrance Test shall be conducted ordinarily in the University campus but in special circumstances, it may be conducted in Government Degree Colleges/ Government aided degree colleges. The Entrance test centre(s) shall be notified in advance (changes of centres, if any, will also be notified well in advance) to the applicants.
- A final merit list will be produced based on the written test and interview results. This list would be available on the university’s website.
- The shortlisted candidates shall appear for interview and presentation before a Selection Committee constituted for respective fields on the date(s) announced through the website of the University.
CSIR-NET/UGC NET/ GATE/ GPAT / CSJMU PG Syllabus of Corresponding subject.
For subject wise syllabus refer brochure.
CSJMU Kanpur PhD Admission 2023 Results
CSJMU Kanpur PhD Entrance 2023 Results
|PhD Brochure||Click Here|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|CSJMU Kanpur Website||Click Here|
|Latest PhD Admission notifications||Latest PhD Admission notifications|
|Admissions in Uttar Pradesh||Admissions in Uttar Pradesh|
Join Our Telegram Channel
CSJMU Kanpur PhD Admission 2022
|Start of Application Process||10 March 2022|
|Last date for online submission||25 April 2022|
|Downloading of admit card||27 April 2022|
|Examination Date||02 May 2022|
|Uploading of answer keys||May 2022|
|Grievance’s redressal||Till 16 May 2022 5:00PM|
|Date of interviews||31 May – 22 June 2022|
|Declaration of final results||First week of July 2022|
PhD Seats 2022
List of Subjects with Tentative Number of PhD Seats in 2022
|Courses||Regular Seats In CSJMU Campus||Regular Seats In Affiliated Colleges|
|Computer Science & Engineering||10|
|Defence and Strategic Studies/ Military Studies||28|
|Drawing & Painting||18|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||02|
|Genetics & Plant Breeding||08|
|Journalism & Mass Communication||02|
|Medical Laboratory Technology||04|
|Life Long Learning and Extension/ Social Work||02|
|Soil Science & Agriculture Chemistry||04|
CSJMU PhD Entrance 2022 Answer Keys
Answer key of all the 49 subjects of PhD entrance exam, CSJMU, Kanpur has been uploaded on the website (csjmu.ac.in).
Candidates are hereby informed that whosoever have objection(s) to any of the questions or answers may submit their grievance along with suggested answer and attachment of relevant source at email@example.com by 16th May, 2022, 5:00 PM.
Any grievances received after 5:00PM, 16/05/2022 will not be entertained.
CSJMU PhD Entrance Results
- Candidates who have qualified the PhD entrance examination would have to appear for the interviews, dates for which would be declared shortly on the website.
- Final selection would be based on merit list with 70% weightage to the entrance test and 30% weightage to the interviews as per the PhD ordinance clause 4.03.
- Only qualifying the written entrance test will not ensure a confirmed PhD seat. Candidates who are declared qualified in PhD entrance written examination will have to appear for the interviews which would be conducted by the university.
- The candidates who will qualify in final merit in each subject will be called for course work as per the availability of vacant PhD seats.
- The students who have applied in exempted category would be eligible for appearing in the interview after proper verification of their relevant documents justifying their claim to be in exempted category.
CSJMU Kanpur PhD Admission 2022 Results
Final Combined result of PhD (Entrance & Interviews) 2022 shall
be tentatively declared in the First week of July 2022.
CSJMU Kanpur PhD Admission 2021
Available PhD Courses
List of Subjects with Tentative Number of PhD Seats in 2021
|Name of Subjects||University Campus- PhD Seats||Colleges -PhD Seats|
|Computer Science Engineering||12|
|Defence and strategic studies /military studies.||14|
|Drawing and painting||4|
|Genetics & plant breeding||6|
|material science & metallurgy||2|
|Medicinal laboratory Technology||2|
|Journalism Mass Communication||2|
CSJMU Kanpur PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
|Start of Application Process||29 July 2021|
|Last date for online submission||16 Aug 2021|